Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
DacBietAE86
Regular

March 2003
emanage on 4ag Fri, 21 October 2005 03:34 Go to next message
Does anyone here use the emanage on either the gze or ge?

Just wanna hear what people think about it.

Any good?

How does it compare to unichip, aftermarket ecu?
  Send a private message to this user    
jasonp1977
Regular

May 2002
Re: emanage on 4ag Fri, 21 October 2005 10:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you have to make up an IGf spoofing circuit to make it work on a DLI GZE, if you're running a gen1 AFM and distributor GZE from an MR2, then the emanage is certified to work on that motor. On the DLI motor you wire it up like you would if you were wiring it to a car with a distributor where you intercept the IGT line with CH1 from the emanage. You dont wire it conventionally with two channels intercepting each coil.

The spoofing circuit generates a signal back to the ECU's IGf line each time it triggers an IGt pulse, that way the ECU still thinks everything is fine when you are altering the ignition timing. The circuit is simple, just consists of a transistor and resistor, less than $0.20 in parts. It's exactly the same mod which is done on 7MGTE's to allow the installation of an emanage to controll timing.

I prefer the emanage over the unichip because anyone can tune them as long as you have the support tool and cable, you can also map-trace and datalog with the support tool in real time.

For the NA 4ag's, they're all supported out of the box by the emanage.

I've used the emanage on a 7MGTE, DLI 4agze, 1ZZFE, 1JZGTE and will soon use one on a 7agte running MAP DLI 4agze electronics.
tourerv
Regular

June 2004
Re: emanage on 4ag Fri, 02 December 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is this "spoofing circuit" and how is it wired in?
I have attempted to adjust ignition timing on my 1JZ through the emanage but as soon as I introduce significant advance, the ECU goes crazy and retards the ignition so severely that the car wont accelerate.
jasonp1977
Regular

May 2002
Re: emanage on 4ag Fri, 02 December 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shouldn't need it on the 1J, my 1J didn't. Make sure you have the firing order wired correctly to the ignitors, it's not too clear in the manual.
tourerv
Regular

June 2004
Re: emanage on 4ag Fri, 02 December 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What sort of advance are you running on the 1JZ?
I've heard anything from 12-35 degrees advance.
As soon as i get anywhere near 20 degrees I have a big loss in power. The engine just will not detonate (I know because I am datalogging my runs with EGT, AFR and knock). It seems to me that the engine management is compensating for the timing adjustments i make. btw My car is a JZX90TT Auto with a GT30R fitted.
jasonp1977
Regular

May 2002
Re: emanage on 4ag Fri, 02 December 2005 08:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you monitoring the advance with a scanner? or are you adding an additional 20deg advance with the emanage on top of the factory ECU's advance?
tourerv
Regular

June 2004
Re: emanage on 4ag Fri, 02 December 2005 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes thats added in the emanage.
I have no idea what an ideal value in the emanage should be so I have been trying to follow the rule of advance til it pings and then back off a little. But it doesn't get to the ping stage, it just loses power.
jasonp1977
Regular

May 2002
Re: emanage on 4ag Fri, 02 December 2005 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you're advancing the emanage to the point where the factory ECU is pulling the timing to the point where it almost goes into limp mode.

I would recommend dyno tuning the car with an OBD2 scanner connected so you can monitor the ECU's timing and knock, then you can see when you have gone too far as you can read the actual ECU's interpretation of ignition advance and knock instead of guessing with EGT and AFR. The ECU picks up knock much earlier than you think, you will see when you hook up a scanner.
tourerv
Regular

June 2004
Re: emanage on 4ag Sat, 03 December 2005 06:50 Go to previous message
I think you are right. I suppose I wiil have to put it on the dyno with a scanner as you suggest. That for the helpful info.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:PLEASE HELP BECAUSE IM GOING TO BURN MY AE82 TO THE GROUND!!
Next Topic:Question - VVT-i engines
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 12:54:43 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052931308746338 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.