Forums Junkie

May 2002

I got booked for a "Burnout" Wed, 19 February 2003 05:53 Go to next message
ok what is the deal with this?
i did a u-turn (just after rain)
spun the wheels for less than 1 sec and got a $385 fine and 3 points

now is this a bad joke or what

damn i aint to happy
like if idid a burnout i could understand...
  Send a private message to this user    
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Wed, 19 February 2003 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If a cop doesnt like the look of u ... he'll try and pin u down for ANYTHING he can

Smile

Get yourself a Cops R Tops Sticker

Its already got me off once (and boy was it good Razz )
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Wed, 19 February 2003 06:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, the way that law is drafted any little squel is a burnout. Appeal it!! Send in some submissions to the RTA.

Get a lawyer, or talk to one.

Were there any witnesses both inside and outside the car (the outside one's matter, by that I mean people around when it happened)?

I just would not take it lying down myself!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Wed, 19 February 2003 09:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
learn these words: "I'm sorry, it was an accident"

"35. Without limiting any defence under Chapter 2 of the Criminal Code referred to in clause 33, a person is not liable to a penalty for any offence under this Regulation or the Australian Road Rules if the person proves to the satisfaction of the court dealing with the case that the offence:
(a) was the result of an accident, or "

This applies to the "continuous breaking of traction" which is the law cops pin on a burnout. I was lucky, when I got pulled over for doing a "burnout" (I was finishing a 3-point turn and dumped the clutch too fast) I said it was an accident, and the cops didn't even try and pin it on me.

Tried to defecet my car, wanted a look in the boot, and gave me an official warning... but no points no fine.

I would *definitly* be arguing that one. You wont have much luck with the RTA though, they very rarely revoke a fine unless it was a clerical error. A judge almost certainly will though, and you wouldn't even need a lawyer (a witness would help a lot tho, if the cop decides to stretch the truth)
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Wed, 19 February 2003 11:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is no set rules to avoid problems with the cops (once pulled over that is) all you can do is be polite and hope for the best. best thing you can do is carry a copy of certain laws such as the one mentioned above to cover your ass for all the things you do wrong. i got pulled over doing 140 on the princes highway when i was on my red p's and restricted to 90, i was very uncoperative to begin with but walked away with my license and only $184 fine and 3 demerit points rather than a court hearing. then another time i got pulled over for an RBT in my new car which i bought that after noon and hadnt had a chance to put p's on and i was as polite as hell and still lost 2 points and got a fine. consistancy is all i ask!
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Wed, 19 February 2003 11:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
take it to court, i have appealed everything and walk away with no fines and all my points!!! HAPPY MAN Very Happy
JUZZO
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Wed, 19 February 2003 11:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks for the reply's
a letter is being writen after discussing the situation with my dad...
which i may wait a week or 2 till i send away
then we shall see how i go from here Smile
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Wed, 19 February 2003 11:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mate just recently got booked in his mx83 cressida for having blue parking lights and tail-light lenses. $165 fine - no points.

the coppers said he was in breach of an "ADR". i would have asked exactly which one if it were me.

he's contesting it and taking it further. he removed the blue covers on the spot, they still fined him, and, when he put his lights back on they were yellow as opposed to blue

go figure?
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Wed, 19 February 2003 12:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
only police are allowed to display blue lights on the front of a vehicle.
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Wed, 19 February 2003 12:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As far as the lights go, I was warned no sorry it was an 'official warning', damn I've had plenty of those, but yes I was warned and told that I can be done for "imitating a police vehicle". I used to have those rainbow stupid fog lights on my old Cortina Confused

I have been done for a burnout. They actually wrote burnout on the fine for the offence. I was pulled over by an unmarked Camry and there were 3 !! of them in there. Two stood over me whilst in the car giving me the hard word, and the other took my licence back to the car. I got htings like "Do you realise you may have your car taken off you? He is not a very tolerant officer, blah blah blah, this is how much it'll cost you in towing storage fees etc etc it sits out in the weather, rain hail shine they dont care if they scratch it, bump into it etc" Basically they were being real C&^TS!

I mean, I did intentionally do it, but it wasn;t as if I sat there with the hand brake on (in my old Corolla), I just let the clutch off aggresively. Still it was intentional, but in your instance, take it to the Judge!
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Wed, 19 February 2003 14:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man that sucks, take that to court. I did the same thing today at a small local roundabout today. It was raining and i waited for the cars to go and then gave to mauch gas and the tyre (no LSD god dam it) was spinging to like half way past the round about. It most devently not intentional, but a FF car has bad enough take off traction on a nice fine day and in the wet it is alot worse. Maybe before they get us for this bull shit (and in mainly FF cars) they should drive a FF car round for a while.

and it was in the wet (as it was for u), they should have common sense to tell them that wet = equals less grip and if it only a little 1 second or less spin they should be a BIT more foregiving, and stop pissing us car drivers off, and catch some murders and drug dealers. Mad Finish rant NOW Smile

Nezza Cool

[Updated on: Wed, 19 February 2003 15:18]

3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Wed, 19 February 2003 15:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
and what i see as a "burnout" to be is when it creates this thing called smoke. Hence "burnout", the "burn" bit is tied with smoke.

Nezza Cool
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Wed, 19 February 2003 18:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
when you break traction for most of a roundabout, I'd say you deserve to get booked Razz
cam_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
haha, funny little head!
Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Wed, 19 February 2003 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
When pulled over, lower the tone of your voice, look down a lot, and never argue with the cop.

In my first year of driving i got booked three out of three times and in my second year so far i have got three warnings out of three using the new system Wink
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Wed, 19 February 2003 23:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
By the sounds of things, what you did cannot leagally be defined as a burnout. The law is pretty specific as to what constitutes a burnout and I think this cop has streached it a little too far. That is of course listening to your side of the story, I am sure he has a different viewpoint.

My experience has been that they see you speeding but can't get a radar fix on you, so pull you over for any thing else. I had one cop who followed me for about 5 km before he could find a good enough excuse to pull me over. It was at night so all I saw was a bike head light, didn't know it was a cop. I guess I did go over that speed hump a little too fast officer Very Happy
rdraginrolla
Regular

July 2002
Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Thu, 20 February 2003 02:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have blue parkers, and my car passed rego.

Anyway, of a revenue raiseing officer tries to book me, i'll just say "helwo lil officer, do you sometimes see REALLY expensive cars dwiving around, and they have dese lil lights on the front dat wook blue?" Razz

then the revenue raising officer says "nup" Rolling Eyes

then i say, "maybe you driver with your f**king eyes closed, because their heaps of car with blue headlight, you stupid rvenue raising government rooting piece of trash!"

Telstars
Mercedes
Lexus to name but a few.

wa! Surprised
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Thu, 20 February 2003 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
eh, what pisses me off is well-spoken mid-40's buisnessman in a merc/jag wont get booked, but people like myself (mid 20s male, loud car) get all the hassles.

actually, what constitutes a burnout is fairly loose "sustained loss of traction" I think if the definition they use ... so basically if a cop's feeling nasty.
but as long as it wasn't too long, it's fairly easy to argue it was accidental
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Thu, 20 February 2003 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if their definition of a burnout is "sustained loss of traction", there's no way you can get booked...you said you didn't even spin it for 1 second..so how could you have "sustained" a loss of traction? unless they start talking about how you "sustained" it for all those milliseconds Razz
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Thu, 20 February 2003 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cops tend to loosely interpret the laws if they don't like you.
just like they can be lenient i their interpretation if they do like you.
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Thu, 20 February 2003 05:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ahh Revenue raising at its best !

I'm guessing you got a bad cop on a bad day. I'd definatly be apealing !

I was actually speaking to a Motorcycle cop the other day about attitudes and Stuff (I didn't know he was a cop till after Sad )

He was saying that its all about attitude with most cops, If your polite and respectful enough they will cut you some slack, If your rude or they don't like you they'll make up whatever they want ! Kinda Scary really I'm generally not in a happy mood after I see the Sirens Rolling Eyes

Oh he also Said Mount Druitt Cops were the worst there is for being arseholes and Fabricating offences... Guess what area I live in ! Crying or Very Sad (Oh and I was actually In Baulkham Hills at the time so reputations do travel )
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Thu, 20 February 2003 05:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only problem with the being poilte approach is when they get you with a radar, then your stuffed regardless. Especially on a double demerits weekend, when you've just hit the bottom of a hill................................. Mad
sikmr2
Regular

January 2003
Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Thu, 20 February 2003 14:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If ya fight it and they see ya again theyll screw ya over real bad. Theyve a network of government sucking scum. Twisted Evil . revenue raisings where its all at, especially if theyre bored shitless. Theyll nail ya for anything and make shit up!
FreaK
Regular

September 2002

Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Thu, 20 February 2003 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I can only hope your system over there is similar to the one here - here's my personal experiences.
I now have a "win file" of offences I've beaten - either by going to court or by playing the system.
with lighting, over here you get nailed for that in a big way - If they don't like you. I lived in a fairly small town (30,000) so I was known.. not in a good way. I have speeding tickets for my *skateboard* damn. Anyway - got nailed for a dead headlight, and got the option to go proove (next day) it was fixed. Pay a $20 Extortion Fee, and they rip it up - "proof of repair" I went, paid, proved, got notice it went to court anyway!
So I bitched, looked into it, dealt with it like a contract, and got my $20 back! Contract sais I paid $20 to keep it off my licence, etc. They broke contract by letting it go to court!
You can't imagine the looks when you walk into a COP SHOP FOR A REFUND!!!! Freak
Otherwise I've beat "improper exhaust" and "excessive noise" a few times. Exhaust - get a shop to certify in writing that you have a complete functional system.
Noise - take it to court! The definition here is "up to the officer's discression" !!!!
So if they don't like you, it's too loud! I asked for a dB reading (measurable) they don't have one, so it got thrown out.
Other times the Cop in question just didn't show up - fine thrown out.
Do yer research, if it was something you did NOT meant to do, or something you are getting 'picked on' for - take it up with the higher legal system!
WE ALL HAVE THE RIGHT TO KEEP THE LICENCES WE PAID/FOUGHT FOR!!!!
</RANT>
If yer just an ass-on-wheels, too bad.
I even walked once with my bike AND licence after getting nailed on laser radar for 189KPH (accellerating) in a 60KPH curve. An hour of wheedling and the cop decided to go for a donut. I booked. He never caught me again.
PhilMR2
Occasional Poster

May 2002
Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Thu, 20 February 2003 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You are fortunate that is all you got.

I got done for doing a burnout, changing lanes when not indicating (part of the burnout) and speeding whiclst talking on the mobile phone (that was after the burnout b4 I realised I was been tailed by a undercover).

In any case I was nice to the cop and only got the fine for the burnout. But he told me that they can take the car for doing a burnout and it becomes the 'Queens' property, then it goes to auction and I can then have the chance to buy it back.

So like me, you are fortunate they didn't take your car!!

DRAG'N 4
Regular

May 2002
Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Fri, 21 February 2003 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was stupid enough to do a burnout in a known drift area, and a cop was watching from behind, in the distance, on camera. Of course, he caught me, and he was not a happy chappy. He was sooooo fuming because of all the sideways action happening recently. I was fucked, or so i thought. You see in adelaide, there apparently is no law against burnouts, or wheel-spinning. All they can do is give you a fine for "undue noise" and try to defect you (he must have been too pissed off to notice all the rust). So all i got was a $95 fine, and no points. So my solution for you is... move to adelaide.
poida
Regular

July 2002
Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Sat, 22 February 2003 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There are ways out of it, I have always been lucky and have been polite, call them sir and hope for the best. I guess now that you have it you have to write in tell them your story. I know a guy who's an engineer and he got done for 140km in a 110km zone just after overtaking a semi. he drew a diagram and did some calculations explaining how it is impossible to safely overtake a 20m vehicle etc. In the end the fine was revoked and they sent him an official letter.

[Updated on: Sat, 22 February 2003 02:44]

Ollygt
Regular

January 2003
Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Tue, 25 February 2003 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
FreaK wrote on Fri, 21 February 2003 01:26

</RANT>

Driving is not a right no matter what you might think.
Who wants to keep going to court all the time to contest some lousy violation. Hoon laws in QLD are really nasty now, 3 strikes and your out style, and your car goes to Police auction. At least they're catching all the gits at Broadwater, I mean if you hang with that crowd of course you're going to be snagged, Never hung with them, never been caught, just use your brain and you won't get stung.
FreaK
Regular

September 2002

Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Wed, 26 February 2003 15:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ollygt wrote on Tue, 25 February 2003 06:38

FreaK wrote on Fri, 21 February 2003 01:26

</RANT>

Yah, ok. I was intending a *slightly* different meaning.
Yes, driving IS a privalege, but since I have paid for that privalege, and invested time and energy into it - then it is my right as a free citizen to not have it randomly removed - just like any other contract or merchandise.
Something along that line.
However - based on my observations of some drivers, I would not get too upset at mandatory driver re-testing after certain age, or certain offences.
Some people NEED it it would seem.
I also feel that there should be categories of licences - if *I* prove that I can handle vehicles in a manner that is safe and appropriate, I should get special plates/licence to allow for more speed.
Other's should be restricted to low-speed environments.
I'm not saying I have the answers, I'm just saying that I'm offended the police choose to harass and fine me, because they don't like me, or my car. Especially when there are rattletrap crap cars out driving by us, lights out, seatbelt hanging out the door.....

Now to go work out my agression by burning off the rears in a school zone...

J/K. Very Happy
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Wed, 26 February 2003 16:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

Who wants to keep going to court all the time to contest some lousy violation. Hoon laws in QLD are really nasty now, 3 strikes and your out style, and your car goes to Police auction. At least they're catching all the gits at Broadwater, I mean if you hang with that crowd of course you're going to be snagged, Never hung with them, never been caught, just use your brain and you won't get stung.

No frikken joke...my mums BF's friend got his VX SS commonwhore impounded, a $400 or so fine and a couple missing points from his licence(beginning of December)...all for what?
Showing a group of mumma's boys in their "hell sik mate" modded to shit *ahem* dodgy kit and alloys *ahem* what a real mans commodore can do...in other words a nice 30 seconds of tyre smoking goodness from the lights. Cops caught him in the act as they turned the corner(probably 20 seconds into his little show) and banged on the wailers...lights...the whole shabang.

I must say it was pretty ammusing to watch, i only wish i had it on camera...i dont care what kind of car it is...it was a VERY NICE burnout(i was with my mums BF following him on the way to a pub for a drink and a meal after a days slave labour Razz....or should i say "volunteering" my services)
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Wed, 26 February 2003 21:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What really bugs me is how the cops can justify doing 140k's to catch someone who was doing 70 in a 60 zone.

For all thoes hoons out there, if you want to keep our liscence, join the force.
FreaK
Regular

September 2002

Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Wed, 26 February 2003 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Laughing ya!
but they (the cops) DO get some serious driver training - at least on this side of the pond.
I'm looking to take another pursuit course this coming summer, but that depends on $$.
That's kind of what I meant by special licences - cops get to go fast because they have groovy cars and have been trained ot use them in control.
If I can prove my car is as good, and I have total control, then why can't *I* go fast?
See?
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Wed, 26 February 2003 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They don't get groovy cars over here Razz But you're onto something there with the special licences. Isn't that the sort of system they have with the German autobahns?
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Thu, 27 February 2003 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive got a letter ready to send off
i can email anyone with a copy if they want to go over it for me Smile
FreaK
Regular

September 2002

Re: I got booked for a "Burnout" Sat, 01 March 2003 03:44 Go to previous message
yah Frank - I think so.
IIRC, they won't let you on the 'unlimited' sections if you have certain convictions!
Also I hear that you must have TUV (engineer) certification on any accessories and mods! Even tires have to be up to the speed capability of your car!

And you think *you* have it tough for road rules? In most of Europe and the U.K., you get the next-best-thing to loss of licence for "undertaking" - passing on the wrong side, though it is also a fine for driving too slow in the fast lane(s)!

Wish they'd crack down on that here, and leave us alone for the rev's and chirp's downtown.
100K road, doing 90 in the fast lane when there's 3 to choose from!! Fine a few of the people who shouldn't be on the major hiways, and maybe the world will be safer, hopefully to the point where a little fun might be allowed!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:BIG THANKS!!!
Next Topic:A quick camry?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 05:41:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067660808563232 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.