Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Speedo and Odometer questions?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Speedo and Odometer questions? Sat, 03 December 2005 08:21 Go to next message
Hey all. I'm trying to figure out a custom dash setup for my car and have run into a couple problems. I plan on getting a Pivot Speedo and Tacho but the speedo doesn't have an odometer display. The speedo is also electronic and I'm using a w55 that is currently equipped with a cable drive.

I know i can use the w58 electronic sensor and hopefully wire that into the speedo but i still have the problem of having no odometer. Would it be possible to source a stock dash with an odometer reading and somehow split the speedo signal to both sources? I would just hack up the stock dash and keep it in the glovebox or something. Or does someone have a better/different suggestion?

I know i could get a different set of matching gauges that has an inbuilt odometer but would like to know if this method could work. I've also been unable to locate a speedo that comes in a 60mm size except the Pivot one. Cheers dudes.

Eddie.
  Send a private message to this user    
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Speedo and Odometer questions? Sun, 04 December 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apparently you can get an adapter which allows you to run the mechanical speedo cable and generates an electronic signal as well. This might be worth looking into.
Big T
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Speedo and Odometer questions? Sun, 04 December 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks Norbie, i just found that out myself as well. Means i can still use the cable for an odometer reading and use the electric signal for the new speedo Very Happy

Also a related question: i've been told that the t-50 cable is a direct fit into the w55. I'll try it out for myself but can anyone else confirm/deny this? Cheers.

Eddie.
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Speedo and Odometer questions? Sun, 04 December 2005 08:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I happen to have one of these adaptors lying around somewhere if you're interested.
It just plugs in between the cable and gearbox and generates the required electrical pulse whilst still driving the cable speedo.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Speedo and Odometer questions? Mon, 05 December 2005 02:45 Go to previous message
bitch! i wanted that!!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:toyota troopy diff
Next Topic:98 mr2, no ignition key
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat Apr 20 00:35:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050351619720459 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.