Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Please help. New clutch won't release

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
st141addict
Occasional Poster

August 2005
icon9.gif  Please help. New clutch won't release Sun, 04 December 2005 04:54 Go to next message
Have just installed new clutch kit. Clutch will not release. Have blead hydrolic clutch and adjusted pedal and master cyl. piston travel as far as possible. Does any one have any idea
  Send a private message to this user    
Bert
Regular

May 2003
Re: Please help. New clutch won't release Sun, 04 December 2005 04:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you able to manually pull the pedal up?
if so then its probably not bled correctly. ive had this happen before. i just did a bleed again and it came all good.
if its jammed on the floor then you might have a problem with the clutch fork....
st141addict
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: Please help. New clutch won't release Sun, 04 December 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the advice. I'm not sure what you mean by pull the clutch up manually. I'm pretty sure that the pressure plate is rooted. It looked like it had been dropped when i brought it. I had to convince it to fit on the studs whith a hammer.
wilbo666
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Please help. New clutch won't release Sun, 04 December 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Are you 110% sure you put the clutch plate in the right way round.
(it is meant to only go in one way Smile).

Cheers
Wilbo

[Updated on: Sun, 04 December 2005 09:50]

st141addict
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: Please help. New clutch won't release Sun, 04 December 2005 09:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The pedal seems soft but i cant move the release lever by hand.. Oh the release lever thingy moves at least an inch when the clutch pedal is pressed
st141addict
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: Please help. New clutch won't release Sun, 04 December 2005 10:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not 100% sure about anything but i'm at least 90% sure i put the plate in the right way. I noticed that one side said flyweel
thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Please help. New clutch won't release Sun, 04 December 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
with a freshly installed slave on my RA40, i found that the piston needed to be out a lot further out than originally expected.

i bled the clutch system with the piston nearly fully home inside the slave - so the first time i went to use it, it simply didn't push out far enough (master cyl only pushes so much fluid).

suggestion:
-get a spring to hold the arm as far away from the slave pushrod
-pump the clutch lightly to get the piston to move out and adopt a new 'resting' postition further outwards (may need quite a few goes to do this, plus extra fluid in resevoir)
-remove spring
-see if piston pushes out further
-see if clutch actually works

you can also get adjustable push-rods on some older slaves that let you extend the throw of the piston. i scored one from a wrecking yard that i intended to use on my ra40 (before i worked out about the resting state of the piston).
st141addict
Occasional Poster

August 2005
icon11.gif  Re: Please help. New clutch won't release Sun, 04 December 2005 19:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the advice. I'll try holding the arm back with a spring. Pump the pedal. Check that the slave piston is resting further out. Then re bleed the thing. I'll let you know if it works
st141addict
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: Please help. New clutch won't release Sun, 04 December 2005 23:21 Go to previous message
I didn't manage to get any more travel out of the slave piston. Just took the gear box out and the clutch plate was in the right way. I'm going to try putting it back together with the old pressure plate. I hope it bloody works....
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Dash removal ??? in TA22
Next Topic:t-50 speedo drive into w55 box?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 12:27:57 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004572868347168 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.