Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mattyredrolla
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Radiators Fri, 02 December 2005 10:24 Go to next message
I know that this may sound pretty stupid, but here me out. I'm after a new radiator and i am looking to an alternative of going out and finidng a radiator for my KE55. This is all because most of the radiators that i have seen at wreckers are all pretty much rooted and are in no better condition than mine. I'm just wondering if it would be feasable to mount a commodore radiator in instead (e.g VL, VK). Although i haven't found any rough measurements i think that it might actually work. Cheers. i would appreciate any comments (howver im expecting most of them to say how stupid my idea is)
  Send a private message to this user    
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Radiators Fri, 02 December 2005 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You would probably have a hard time fitting a commodore one in.
They are all held in on rubber mounts with clips from memory,or is that just the VN onwards?
Why not just spend the couple of hundred and get a new one or get yours recored?
If you really want to fit a bigger radiator then try going for a corona or similar size from the earlier model cars.
Mattyredrolla
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: Radiators Fri, 02 December 2005 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh thanks mate, i havent really had a good look at any commodore radiators so i dunno. I'll take your advice and i will keep an eye out for something like that.
Cheers
cressida_1jz
Regular

On Probation

December 2004
Re: Radiators Fri, 02 December 2005 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
VB to VZ Commodore radiators are all mounted the same.They have lugs on the bottom and they have a lug on each side of the tank with a rubber mount.You will be better of to recore the one you have.I did one at work the other day.$220 to recore it with a Nippon Denso core.3 year warranty.

Unless you have a bigger motor in the Corolla,it will be fine.

Theres a 3 row core available for the KE55 aswell.

You can fit the VK,VL radiator in but by the time you change the hose fittings to the right size,buy new top and bottom hoses to suit,put new mounts on the radiator to suit and buy the 2nd hand radiator.Theres more than $220 you will spend already not to mention all the rooting around and you still have a 2nd hand radiator with no warranty.

[Updated on: Fri, 02 December 2005 13:00]

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Radiators Fri, 02 December 2005 12:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1) measure your rad and take note of location of mounts.
2) go to PNPL, find item of similar size, and when they tell you the price haggle it down to at least 75% of what they ask (I got mine down to 50%)
3) ???
4) profit
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Radiators Sat, 03 December 2005 21:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
firstly why do u need a new radiator? if your only running a standard 4k in the ke55 you wont need anything more than a 2 core radiator. YellowRolla was using a 3 core & thermofan with his 3TGTE drag car, which i have purchased for me 20v and itll be more than enough to keep it cool.

Josh's KE30 with the 1G overheats on hot days and his is a 3core with thermofan.

Megz has a KE70 radiatior standard with thermofan and it keeps his 4AGE cold easily.
Mattyredrolla
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: Radiators Sun, 04 December 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=domasik wrote on Sun, 04 December 2005 08:24]firstly why do u need a new radiator? if your only running a standard 4k in the ke55 you wont need anything more than a 2 core radiator. Beacause the fins at the bottom right corner of my radiator are slowly corroding away, some the fins are already gone. thats why
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Radiators Sun, 04 December 2005 07:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
YellowRolla now uses a Hyundai radiator of some sorts... I think it was from an excel or accent, it fits in rather nicely.

Take some measurements and hit the Hyundai section of pickies and I'm sure you'll fairly quickly find one (or more) that fit.
Mattyredrolla
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: Radiators Sun, 04 December 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cheers. thanks for the info mate.
domasik
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Radiators Sun, 04 December 2005 10:22 Go to previous message
if u want a good condition replacement come get one from my house

its free.

it has 1999 written on it so its reasonably new. should be fine for u if uve only got a 4k. plus makes more room in my garage!

excel radiators are very good and have twin thermo fans standard. this would be major overkill on the 4k, Sam_Q on these forums ran one with his 4AC with one thermofan hooked up and the car barely reached operating temperature so god knows what would happen to the old 4k!

pm me if u want my old one, nothing wrong with it no corrosing as far as i remember and always used proper coolant not plain water.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Enjo car wash mits ?
Next Topic:Camry Sportivo V6 whats the go?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 11:47:36 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0074210166931152 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.