Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Mon, 10 October 2005 09:01 Go to next message
Well guys, it's been a while since our last one but it's finally on again! And i've been hanging out for it too; it's the longest i've had to go without and i'm not good at that Razz

Anyway, a few of you know the deal by now, but if not, we've booked the track for ourselves, limit the number of cars to ensure heaps of track time and pretty much just run all day. It's $140 and open to anybody, if you don't have a cams licence you can get a wakefield track day licence valid for 12 months for $40 on the day (need a valid driver's licence).

We've only got 6 or 8 spots left, so if you're keen i can pm you my bank details to confirm a spot. It'll be good to see a few of you out there again, and maybe even a couple of new guys. (or girls!)

GT
  Send a private message to this user    
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Mon, 10 October 2005 23:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Considering this for a bit of fun....

will have to get my mechanic mates opinion on wether my car will
last a day at the track.

though im very keen to push the new shock and bearing setup i
just shilled out for...

decisions decions
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Tue, 11 October 2005 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats the total number of cars?
Just wondering how you arrived at the $140 figure, thats all.
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Tue, 11 October 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah, it's always a good way to judge/enjoy new parts and setup, and it's a lot more fun than you can have on the road!

I would've thought your car will survive, a lot of us just use our road cars. An oil cooler's a good idea, but not essential.

We limit it to 25 cars, and just divide the cost of hiring the track for the day between everybody. I'm not the one who books it but i think it costs $3300-$3500 or so?

25 x 140 = 3500, so there you go.

GT
rojoor`
Occasional Poster

April 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Tue, 11 October 2005 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
25 cars is hardly anything this means mroe track time for everyone... i've been to a track day where there were at least 8- cars... payed close to 100 each... someone was making money and we got hardly any track time Sad
cannonball
Forums Junkie

July 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Tue, 11 October 2005 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, a normal drive day is 100 bux, so i was just wondering on numbers. Last drive day i went on there was about 30-40 cars there.
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Fri, 14 October 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
w00t! im in!

cant wait 3 weeks to go! w00t!
slipknot86
Regular

June 2005
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Fri, 14 October 2005 15:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this is not for drifting,,,rite??? Cool
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Sat, 15 October 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nah, sorry mate.

Ok, there's only a few spots left if anybody else is thinking about it. Only 2 weekends left to get anything done on the car thats needed!
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Sat, 15 October 2005 08:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm trying to sort out leave at work, will get back to you as soon as I know. Thanks for the PM too, appreciated Very Happy
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Mon, 17 October 2005 04:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks alchemist, you just reminded me to put my leave form in!

Get back to me as soon as you can, we've had a couple more confirmations so only a couple of spots left. if anybody else is contemplating, get organised and stop procrastinating, you'll regret it if you miss out!

Only a bit over 2 weeks to go! And, as always, i'm in a bit of a mad rush to get stuff done...
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Mon, 17 October 2005 08:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-gt- can't get leave, we have too many projects on at the moment, if only this was 2 weeks ago Crying or Very Sad Man keep PM'ing me, I'll be free one of these days, wanna let the Supra loose on the track.
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Mon, 17 October 2005 12:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries mate, i've been doing the hard yards for weeks to be able to ask for this day off. Oh well, keep checking back in, we have one every couple of months. Not sure if the date of the next one has been confirmed yet, probably won't be till next year though, but when i find out and start taking money for spots i'll post another thread.

We'll let you know how good a day we had Cool

GT
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Mon, 17 October 2005 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
know what ya mean gt.

i got thermos / oil pressure guage and possible front brake upgrade to do.

thank god i have the next two weeks off!

4 days back at work then off to the track!w00t!!!!1111oneoneone
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Tue, 18 October 2005 08:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
-gt- wrote on Mon, 17 October 2005 22:42

We'll let you know how good a day we had Cool

GT

Bastard.... Cool
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Wed, 19 October 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nathan, you bastard, wish i had that sort of time off! Want to work on my car when you're finished on yours? Very Happy

Cause i've pretty much just got this saturday to get anything done... unless i miss the megacruise on sunday... Embarassed

Nah, i'll be right, just have to get up and get stuck in on saturday cause i'm in perth for a wedding next weekend
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Wed, 19 October 2005 07:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
heheh yeah nah sorta coincidence i got the time off.

GF had to get an eye operation so i took time off while she gets her sight back...was just a good excuse really.

and perfect timing with wakefield rounf the corner!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Mon, 24 October 2005 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, i didn't get everything done on saturday, and subsequently the car was still on stands in the garage instead of on the cruise. But, it will definately be ready for wakefield friday week!

That's right, its next week! Getting close! Now, i think we may have 1 or 2 spots left if there's anyone else who wants to come, but i'm in perth from thursday till sunday night, so we'll need to get organised in the next couple of days.

Hey nathan, how you coping with all your time off? The car better be pristine mate Wink

Nah, only kidding. How's the gf?

TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Mon, 24 October 2005 13:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gf is all good.
I missed the cruise too...gf didnt tell me we had guests coming on Sunday till Saturday Confused

Still gotta get out to get the front brake parts...just gotta get motivated. So hard when your on holidays.

Though on Sunday me and me mate installed a little Dukes of Hazzard gear Very Happy .

Havent even strated the car in a week and a half...lifes so hard Laughing

If ya need a hand -gt- just gimme a shout.

Cheers

Nathan
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Mon, 24 October 2005 22:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dukes gear? Air horns or did you weld the doors up?

I should be right, re-bleeding the brakes tonight I did a full flush but ran out of fluid, my usual suppliers were nowhere to be found, and i couldn't find anybody else who sold motul rbf600. So i bought 2 bottles last night, i'm not running out again Confused

And i'll get around to changing the gbox oil soon, prob after perth... although i really shouldn't put it off till the last minute... Rolling Eyes

TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Tue, 25 October 2005 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hrm yeah a fluid change might be a good idea...will see if im motivated enuf.

yeah bit obvious when i say dukes gear eh?! just horns.
misus wouldnt be happy shimmying in the window! Very Happy
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Wed, 02 November 2005 02:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, i put the gearbox oil off till the last minute. Doing it tonight, leaving after work tomorrow. Rolling Eyes

Last spot confirmed and paid yesterday, all set to go! Will post some pictures next week for those who decided not to come Confused
Batman
Occasional Poster

September 2005
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Tue, 15 November 2005 04:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Anyone got any pics from the day?

What sort of times were people running?

TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Tue, 15 November 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not the greatest....a few shots.

http://users.tpg.com.au/nbdean/wakefield/wf1.jpg http://users.tpg.com.au/nbdean/wakefield/wk2.jpg
Ford Ute ... Complete with 'Enterprise' Warp Drives
http://users.tpg.com.au/nbdean/wakefield/wf3-impulse.jpg

http://users.tpg.com.au/nbdean/wakefield/wf4-mx5.jpg

http://users.tpg.com.au/nbdean/wakefield/wf5-godatto.jpg
-gt- doing Mach 3 .... too qwik to photograph properly Laughing
http://users.tpg.com.au/nbdean/wakefield/wf6-RolaSpeed.jpg

http://users.tpg.com.au/nbdean/wakefield/wf7.jpg

Only whipped the camera out last second....too busy driving.

Man what an awesome day it was!
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Wed, 16 November 2005 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey nathan, good to see somebody got a couple of shots! A couple of our mates normally come down with their proper cameras lenses etc and not drive just take photos but neither of them were there this time. It's a shame, first time the rolla was running hard and i was hoping to get a few photos of it Mad

But by the looks of it from yours it was going way too quick for anybody to get a photo of it Laughing

How'd the celica pull up? It seemed to run pretty strong all day?
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Sun, 27 November 2005 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah I love the track days you guys organise. I would have been down but i have too many things to get sorted on my car before it can make an appearance. I have to get my Driveshafts rebuilt as they are making some pretty funky noises and I still need to get my Water to air intercooler fitted. But on the plus side I have made up a little mount that sits on the firewall and holds my Video camcorder. So I will get some mad footage next time I am there!!!

By the way my brother works just around the corner from where that Supercharged peugeot 205 is stashed when its not on the track.
-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Mon, 28 November 2005 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ha ha, yeah, that pug's a bit agricultural, but a good example of cheap easy thrills. It's reasonably quick in a straight line too.

Yeah it would've been good to see the 2 there again this time, always need to see more toyotas out there! Hey, what's tommo driving these days? Did he end up getting that series 5 he was looking at? Bit of a shame to see the series 1 go though, that thing was mint.

As to video footage, in car is a great setup, better than the handheld passenger work we normally do, but at least you get a feel for the braking, lateral loads, and bumps Confused

I've been wanting to get a bit of a highlights compilation together after the last couple of days, but it's hard to gather because there's tapes strewn through everyones' cameras and tape drawers. Did you guys get some good stuff last time you were down? I never seem to spend enough time with a camera in my hand, to busy either driving or jumping in passenger seats while mine rests!

Haven't you had that w2a cooler setup hanging around waiting to go on for a couple of months now???
TA-022
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

March 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Thu, 01 December 2005 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Celica went suprisingly well compared to how i thought it'd go.

Steering needs a freshnin' / bigger front brakes (wasnt game to
jump on the anchors hard) / LSD.

Have a pair of SAAS seats coming in this week ... if you remember my busted ankle?! Then a harness for driver will
follow.

Then new wheels and rubber and she should be a beast. Surprised

Whens the next one -gt- ???!!!!!
Benjamin
Forums Junkie

January 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Fri, 02 December 2005 07:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes I have but I am still waiting for the damn pump. Then I have to make up all the tubing.... bad excuses I know

Tom still has his series 1. He just got some 16" Simmons wheels for it and 4 pot calipers and discs off a series 4/5. I am really jealous now his car looks so good!

[Updated on: Fri, 02 December 2005 07:22]

-gt-
Regular

I Supported Toymods

October 2004
Re: Wakefield Track Day Friday 4th of November Mon, 05 December 2005 00:03 Go to previous message
Yeah, i won't give you too much grief, i still haven't got my cambertops on yet... Embarassed

I heard a rumour the next day will be in february, don't know(/remember?) the exact date, but i have a feeling it was later in the month. I'll post a new thread when it's confirmed and we're booking spots.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Adelaide cruises and meets
Next Topic:Putty Road run
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 08:30:58 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0061240196228027 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.