AuthorTopic
flamingheads
Regular

August 2005
Looking at celica Mon, 05 December 2005 00:16 Go to next message

Ye or nay[ 24 vote(s) ]
1.ye 19 / 79%
2.nay 5 / 21%

Im looking at a 1972 TA22 celica that Im probably going to pick up sometime this week that has the following:
worked Toyota 4AGE twin cam engine
Hilux limited slip diff with oversize drums
Koni shocks & Lowered Kings Springs
larger sway bars
Mandrel bent sports exhaust and custom velour interior.
Engine
100kw 4AG
rebuilt to include a ported and polished head
balanced crank and conrods
high compression pistons
electronic fuel pump
Ivan Tighe racing cams
custom made tuned length extractors
twin 42mm side draft Webbers
including modification plate

Plus spare parts including -
Celica 5spd gearbox
worked 4AGE motor in pieces
2 spare sets of rims and tyres
other misc Celica bits and pieces.

$2500

The only downsides are the gearbox in the car is blown and the spare might not be good (I know theyre only cheap) and the body was resprayed fairly recently but was really badly prepared and has small holes where rust was sand blasted out and dents in both front fenders as well as some other small dents (mostly on front fenders and bonnet).

The mechanical gear on the car is ausome but I cant drive it cause of the blown gearbox, which makes me not so sure of the car but I think Im gonna risk it. I havent started the engine yet cause the battery was dead and didnt have any jumper cables but will do that before I buy the car.

I just wanted to hear peoples opinions and their ye or nay. Im thinking strong ye but im worried about the body and that somthing might be wrong that I wont pick up till I put the other gearbox in and the car will turn out to be a heap of shit.
Any opinions welcomed. Cheers.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 December 2005 00:17]

Send a private message to this user    
Turdinator
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Looking at celica Mon, 05 December 2005 02:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Do it but be prepared to spend your hard earned. Work out what you'd expect to pay to get it to a standard you want, then double it. No one realy told me that when i bought mine. They're shit hot to drive though. Very Happy Cool
flamingheads
Regular

August 2005
Re: Looking at celica Mon, 05 December 2005 06:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im not planning to spend anything at first (except to get a rwc) but I have no idea how much it might cost in the long run.
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: Looking at celica Mon, 05 December 2005 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As long as the other mechanicals are in fairly good nick, then the cost of a budget respray and a new gearbox in addition to the 2.5K would still make this a fairly good buy. Just make sure your prepared to get the work done.
flamingheads
Regular

August 2005
Re: Looking at celica Mon, 05 December 2005 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

As long as the other mechanicals are in fairly good nick, then the cost of a budget respray and a new gearbox in addition to the 2.5K would still make this a fairly good buy. Just make sure your prepared to get the work done.

Thats another thing I was thinking. Nothing needs to happen right away, just cosmetic stuff so it'd be one of those things that would happen when I have the money.
And even if I had to part the car out I still would come out close to even money wise.
flamingheads
Regular

August 2005
Re: Looking at celica Mon, 05 December 2005 12:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And do any of the nay-sayers have any reason why this car and I should not be joined in holy matramony because if all goes well i should be picking it up tomorow afternoon and if theres some advice you can give it would be appreciated so you will have to speak soon or forever hold your peace.
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: Looking at celica Tue, 06 December 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude, as you said, if worst came to worst, you'd probably turn a profit if you had to part it out... Bargain!
flamingheads
Regular

August 2005
Re: Looking at celica Tue, 06 December 2005 23:32 Go to previous message
Well I picked up the car yesterday, we didnt get the car started but we brought it home to look at it and left the guy with a deposit so theres a major problem I can get out of it or I might be able to get it cheaper. I cleaned all the dust off it and the body isn't as bad as I thought, just a few spots and the dents in the fenders. I'll post pics up in the members rides soon.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:reece mcgregor has new record
Next Topic:does this sound legit
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 18 23:41:44 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0053560733795166 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.