Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » No TPS = No Balls ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GOLDEN86
Occasional Poster

June 2005
No TPS = No Balls ? Mon, 05 December 2005 03:27 Go to next message
Hey guys,

My tps on my car is not working right and i just runin with unpluged for now and i was wondering if would cause the car to have no torque, because when i even put my food down slowly doesnt do much, could be clutch or drive shaft since i reinstalled with new clutch ?
  Send a private message to this user    
ra_28
Regular

April 2004
Re: No TPS = No Balls ? Mon, 05 December 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Depends on what computer your running is it standard of after market? The computer uses the TPS as a guide in relation with other sensors so it knows how much fuel to supply. Some afer market computers have the option not to use the TPS and just rely on vacume. With out the TPS the computer is trying to calulate what the engine needs with out all it's information so in the end it's taking a stab it could be over fuleing or leaning out. Very likly it will not run right with the item missing.

[Updated on: Mon, 05 December 2005 03:58]

thechuckster
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: No TPS = No Balls ? Mon, 05 December 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
er ... how else is the ECU going to know what the throttle is doing if there is no TPS?

of course it will run like a sloth if the ECU thinks the throttle is always shut?

An ECU needs at least three of the following to run an engine with any degree of certainty:
rpm/crank position
TPS
AFM/MAP
Coolant temp
Intake Air temp
TopSecret72
Regular

January 2005
Re: No TPS = No Balls ? Mon, 05 December 2005 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yep. no TPS, no balls. Happened once before, forgot to reconnect it and it had absolutely nothing down low, like a really really really laggy turbo.
Kurt.R
Regular

February 2005
Re: No TPS = No Balls ? Mon, 05 December 2005 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I ran my 4age with a T3 and Autronic computer for 12 months without the TPS hooked up and it made bugger all difference.
Scorpion
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: No TPS = No Balls ? Mon, 05 December 2005 10:50 Go to previous message
I haven't done it but you could try putting a 5k ohm resistor across the two outer pins in the connector. At least then it has a load on the ECU just not a varable one or an idle signal. Might help. Come to think of it, how much different is it with the TPS connected because it's unlikely the total resistance is stuffed - more likely the variable contacts that slide around inside.

Have you tested the TPS with a multimeter to see if it behaves properly ?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4age keeps bouncing off 3-4 grand ???
Next Topic:KP Starlet F Code IRS Conversion
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun Apr 28 12:52:47 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0063610076904297 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.