Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Wheres a good fair place to get regas for aircon -SYD

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Wheres a good fair place to get regas for aircon -SYD Mon, 05 December 2005 09:18 Go to next message
Hi guys,

I'm gonna pick up my new 162SX tmr, Just wanna know wheres a good place for me to regas... somewhere that you guys have been to and wont cost an arm and a leg for the conversion.

I'm near the Kingsgrove beverly hills area... but i dont mind travelling to get this done... but not TOOO far Very Happy

thanks all!
  Send a private message to this user    
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: Wheres a good fair place to get regas for aircon -SYD Fri, 09 December 2005 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I use this guy, he only charged me about $80 for an R134a regass whereas many others wanted $200+

NORWEST AUTO ELECTRICAL
Unit 1/ 64 Drummond St Windsor 2756
(02) 4577 3571

Good bloke too, I had a problem with my pressure switch and rocked up to him with a new pressure switch from an ST205 cut which looked identical.
He degassed the thing, we unscrewed the pressure switch and then realised the thread was a bit bigger on the ST205 unit.
Because we couldn't replace the pressure switch he whacked the old pressure switch back in and regassed the aircon.

I asked him how much for the degass / regass and he said no charge this even though it was mostly my f'ck up.
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Wheres a good fair place to get regas for aircon -SYD Fri, 09 December 2005 00:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey thanks for that, i really need an addy Very Happy kewls, ill see if i can get it fixed there

cheers
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: Wheres a good fair place to get regas for aircon -SYD Fri, 09 December 2005 01:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
head down towards bankstown way, off canterbury road theres 3 streets of wreckers and etc, most places in that area charge $60 for a regas. just got my mums car done yesterday.
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: Wheres a good fair place to get regas for aircon -SYD Fri, 09 December 2005 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OKay guys, the deal is that i have a major leak in the aircon system somewhere, i'll need to get this sealed up and regas, but i really dont trust the workshops around my area.

If i give em the car, they said they need to take it overnight... and because of the mechanic's age, i suspect that he will take my car for a spin, and i dont want that.

Can someone refer me to a honest and trustworthy place where they can Fix the leak and regas my aircon knowing that the mechanic wont take my car overnight and out for a spin?

I'd prefer it somewhere in sydney

Cheers,
Chopin

PS: How long does the whole process take? to find the leak, replace the part/hose and regas?

I really dont want mechanics to take her for a spin... i'd rather cook dry in the sun all summer than letting some fag ruin my pride and joy.
xolent
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: Wheres a good fair place to get regas for aircon -SYD Fri, 09 December 2005 14:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have to get this sorted out also

tell me how this goes
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Wheres a good fair place to get regas for aircon -SYD Sun, 11 December 2005 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It really should take them that long to find the leak, last time I got me aircon regassed they also added a dye so that you could see exactly where the leak was, let the aircon run for abit and then the leak reveals itself, too easy Smile

I got mine done at Hornsby Auto Electrical Services, 77 Hunter St, Hornsby, 94771893. They did a nice job back when I had my MR2, seem honest blokes don't see them thrashing your car at night...
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Wheres a good fair place to get regas for aircon -SYD Sun, 11 December 2005 20:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If it's not to far for you go to
Johno's Auto Electrical Services
unit 4
39-41 Marigold st
Revesby
02 9772 2231
mob 0412 646 150
speak to Darren.
tell him Ray in the Hi-ace told you to come in.
Bugman
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Wheres a good fair place to get regas for aircon -SYD Tue, 13 December 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hah too easy..
famous last words
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Wheres a good fair place to get regas for aircon -SYD Tue, 13 December 2005 00:38 Go to previous message
Bugman wrote on Tue, 13 December 2005 11:28

hah too easy..
famous last words

Yea that's probably true, but this mine the leak was so big when all the dye came it out was very obvious Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:interchanging parts (brake and sus upgrade)
Next Topic:Getting taken for a ride on a diff... $1000 for a RN20 lol...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:21:33 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0045671463012695 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.