Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » any 1 know anything on window tinting???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
any 1 know anything on window tinting??? Sun, 04 December 2005 01:40 Go to next message
hey, just a quick question, story goes like this:

had my windows tinted yesterday on my crx, woke up this morning and found little bubbles that look like there filled with water. i called the person that done my windows and they told me this would dry out. now is this true or not????
  Send a private message to this user    
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: any 1 know anything on window tinting??? Sun, 04 December 2005 02:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yes

keep the windows wound up for 3-4days and park it in the sun
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: any 1 know anything on window tinting??? Sun, 04 December 2005 02:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok, ive taken the roof off and windows r still up, ill leave it in the sun........... but i cant put my windows down at all???
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: any 1 know anything on window tinting??? Sun, 04 December 2005 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh oh and the bubbling is on the top half of the window, could i just wind them down half way?? it sux driving a targa top with the windows up Razz

thanks for ur help!!!
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: any 1 know anything on window tinting??? Sun, 04 December 2005 02:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont wind them down at all for a few days....it could ruin the job..usually they put tape over the winders so u dont forget...plus its only a few days
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: any 1 know anything on window tinting??? Sun, 04 December 2005 02:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeh true, i pulled out fuses so i couldnt put them down Very Happy, the first weekend ive had my car with good weather and i cant even take her out!!!!! grrrrrrr hope next weeks weather is as good as this Very Happy

a friend of mine touched a bubble, but didnt pop it, she ran her hand over it. could she have ruined it?

this is actually my first car that ive ever tinted windows on. sorry for all the questions Smile

cheers
ahmed
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: any 1 know anything on window tinting??? Sun, 04 December 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A mate (dodgey start to any story) had his Accord-Euro tinted by a reputable workshop, and they put "Don't touch, or wind-down windows" tape over EVERY window and switch in the car - even the sunroof ! !

They told him to give it at least 4 days, regardless of when the bubbles dissappeared - so that the adhesive had time to set, otherwise he risked peeling/rippling the tint film.

Hope this helps a little.
Pulsar_D00D
Regular

July 2004
"H8GRIP"
Re: any 1 know anything on window tinting??? Sun, 04 December 2005 21:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I tint windows for a living, theres always going to be water left under the film, but after a few weeks, you'll notice the water will evaporate and nothing will be left.

In regards to the windows, you should leave them up for a minimum of 2 days.
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: any 1 know anything on window tinting??? Mon, 05 December 2005 08:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well ive left them up over the weekend and tried my best leaving them up 2day (opened them up once or twice). all the bubbles have dissappered exceept for my quarter windows...... ill give them ones time.

thanx for your help!!!
shezza
Regular

March 2005
Re: any 1 know anything on window tinting??? Mon, 05 December 2005 13:43 Go to previous message
Interesting info.
So best to get it done in winter I guess Razz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Fastest 1JZ in OZ?
Next Topic:Leather Wheel Recovering? [MEL]
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 14:59:09 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0059318542480469 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.