Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » 1/2 Cut / Engine importation costs ?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
1/2 Cut / Engine importation costs ? Mon, 05 December 2005 10:42 Go to next message
Hi..

Just wondering if anyone knows the total cost of importing a 1/2 cut / engine only into Perth ? - from Japan.

I'm new to this and would like to know if there are other costs involved aside from shiping and some duty (which i also know nothing about).

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

James

p/s: heaps of unique motors and 1/2 cuts here.
  Send a private message to this user    
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 1/2 Cut / Engine importation costs ? Mon, 05 December 2005 12:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are you trying to import one all by urself??

What type of engine/half cut are you wanting to buy????

If you dont have contacts in the wrecking/importing business here and in japan i wouldnt reccomend you try it.

Speak to an import wrecker if your after something exotic then im sure they can source whatever it is you need
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1/2 Cut / Engine importation costs ? Mon, 05 December 2005 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've found heaps of SR20 and a really nice black top 20v - which i can almost have for free. A friend runs this.

So i'm just trying to get an idea as to what its going to cost to actually land and clear this crate in australia.

If i can pull this off for not too much money it could be worth while. I'm looking in to this coz i dont have to get the engines at retail.
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: 1/2 Cut / Engine importation costs ? Mon, 05 December 2005 14:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if you find out how much it is landed, and its really cheap, i have no need for it, but id like a cheap sr20 or blacktop 20v just so i could start hunting for a car to put it in Razz

id suggest asking an importer what procedure they go through, i was under the impression that you bung it in a container, bring it over, have customs have their way with your goods, pay a few taxes and duties, then get your stuff Smile

Eldar.O.
sated
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: 1/2 Cut / Engine importation costs ? Mon, 05 December 2005 20:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I hear ya EldarO.

I've just gotta find out how much its going to cost to land and clear. Coz if its too expensive to bring in a few engines at a time i'll have to give it a miss. *will see how i go*

Thanks for the input!
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: 1/2 Cut / Engine importation costs ? Mon, 05 December 2005 22:48 Go to previous message
speak with a freight forwarding company you basicially send it through them like australia post but they will organise the shipping customs delivery to either the docs or the front door. While i was in japan they wanted $700 aus for 1m square they would pickup the package from where i was in japan package it send it to australia for me to collect at the docks i found this a bit $$$$ for me tho as i think it was $2700 for a container from memory. if your friend can get them basicially for free load up a container and sell them when you get to aus Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Nissan 450Z
Next Topic:Japanese Automakers Forge Extensive International Alliances
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 18:34:20 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046191215515137 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.