Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » What is going on at nightclubs?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

What is going on at nightclubs? Tue, 06 December 2005 00:05 Go to next message
OK. After a work do on Friday night, a group of us went clubbing. Every club we went to seemed to play electro sets. The only way to dance to this stuff is to get munted on Jagerbombs. In the end we found a place that was playing an old school acid techno set.

What is going on?
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Tue, 06 December 2005 00:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Night clubs are not as they once were Sad
They all seem to be run by wanna be black rapper homos that have nothing else in their collection but techno/rap crap rubbish.
I try and stick to the beer garden type places that have garage bands playing. Or go to a strip club and get a bitch to sit on my head so I cant hear anything Rolling Eyes
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Tue, 06 December 2005 01:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Tue, 06 December 2005 10:35

OK. After a work do on Friday night, a group of us went clubbing. Every club we went to seemed to play electro sets. The only way to dance to this stuff is to get munted on Jagerbombs. In the end we found a place that was playing an old school acid techno set.

What is going on?

They've all disappeared up their own aresholes. Electro is simply tublar bells slowed down and mixed with a Dirty 3 record playing backwards. You cannot dance to it but can wear nice hats and nod your head lots.

You hit upon a goldmine anyway with the old school acid techno - bring on the madly bleeping 303's being twisted through resonant filters!!! Smile Smile Smile Goddam there's something about those high pitched frequencies that simply does my head in. did you bring your whistle?

I've never had a great night out in Melb - where are the decent clubs?????? It seems if you aren't a local you can never find them?
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Tue, 06 December 2005 01:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
303s are definitely the way to go Very Happy . Back in the day, you could go to the Prince of Wales and have Honeysmack play a kickass acid set.

Where has it all gone? Sad
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Tue, 06 December 2005 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What's Bass Station up to now? 3-5 years ago it always seemed to have a worthwile lineup of a Friday night. V.Hard to find though, I know where it is, and still had trouble locating it ! !
Petes76celica
Regular

August 2004
Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Tue, 06 December 2005 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its at the palace at st kilda plays alot of silly techno music but not my cup of tea.
Pete
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Tue, 06 December 2005 02:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Tue, 06 December 2005 12:04

303s are definitely the way to go Very Happy . Back in the day, you could go to the Prince of Wales and have Honeysmack play a kickass acid set.

Where has it all gone? Sad

If you haven't already I suggest you download ReBirth - the 303/808/909 emulator for your PC. Even if you know nothing about music you can have some monster fun tweaking the 303's.

The only half decent night I went to a couple of years ago was Bass Station Sundayz - twas at the viper room. Took forever to get in (as I wasn't mates with the bouncer or on the door list like the 500,000 other people there), music was a bit twee (hard house/hard trance) but atmosphere was OK.

Do all people in Melb clubs have the same dance style? - ie. stand around for a bit, go mental for 30secs during the "breakdown" bit of the song and then stand around for some more?
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Tue, 06 December 2005 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hate to be realistic but the younger gereration likes this kinda of music. and as these are the main jist people that are going into the club and they wanna hear that kind of music.

why play music that will probaly only attract 30% of people to your club that want to listen to the older rock kind of music and not get as much money. when you could play what the main amount of people want and make alot more money.

my 3.14159 cents
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Tue, 06 December 2005 05:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

hate to be realistic but the younger gereration likes this kinda of music. and as these are the main jist people that are going into the club and they wanna hear that kind of music.

why play music that will probaly only attract 30% of people to your club that want to listen to the older rock kind of music and not get as much money. when you could play what the main amount of people want and make alot more money.

my 3.14159 cents

Are you implying that the boys are getting old?

You youngsters with your hip spelling and sms speak crack me up Laughing
forced_induction
Regular

August 2004
Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Tue, 06 December 2005 05:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i love pi
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Tue, 06 December 2005 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havabeer wrote on Tue, 06 December 2005 16:03

my 3.14159 cents

Screw you and the horse you rode in on!!!!!! Mad

We are not talking about the "older rock kind of music" (well maybe cool1 is between chugs of his homebrew and polishing the falcon with his old VB singlet). We are talking techno little man - you owe all your "hip clubs" and electro music roots (shameful thought that is to admit) to the pounding thump of a 909 kick, the squeel of a 303 and the chords from a dx7. Cool

F**king "younger generation" - how old do you think I am??? Razz Razz
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Tue, 06 December 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy wrote on Tue, 06 December 2005 17:47

havabeer wrote on Tue, 06 December 2005 16:03

my 3.14159 cents

Screw you and the horse you rode in on!!!!!! Mad

We are not talking about the "older rock kind of music" (well maybe cool1 is between chugs of his homebrew and polishing the falcon with his old VB singlet). We are talking techno little man - you owe all your "hip clubs" and electro music roots (shameful thought that is to admit) to the pounding thump of a 909 kick, the squeel of a 303 and the chords from a dx7. Cool

F**king "younger generation" - how old do you think I am??? Razz Razz

Take a chill pill. Or if you're into techno maybe an eccie is more your thing Laughing

Seriously though how are you meant to dance to techno? I'm not dissing it. I think it's alright to listen to but you can't really dance to it/have fun with it. Like whoever said it, you see people with the hats nodding their head to it or you see people look like fucking retards with eye wobbles and in their own world who can dance to it because they've popped. Is it possible for people to dance to it without being completely drunk or on drugs?
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Tue, 06 December 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://ragdolly.net/gallery/SugarPixieRaver.gif

ooooooooooooooooooooh damn!!!!!
EldarO
Forums Junkie

December 2004
Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Tue, 06 December 2005 07:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Two clubs on a saturday night that are within normal wanna-drive-there distance play music i like (bit of dance/r&b/hiphop).

theres actually 3, but ones a fair trek away.

because of that im a regular at one of the estblishments, ive been there every saturday night for a few weeks now, i cant say im getting bored of it, always a new set of girls to chase, and always run into a few people i know.

Eldar.O.
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Tue, 06 December 2005 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=pGgUDw0V3Tk
i would look so good dancing next to her.

[Updated on: Wed, 07 December 2005 01:10]

havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Tue, 06 December 2005 10:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you cant just generalise techno anymore...there's all differnt type's now. there's trance, dance, house, happy hardcore Confused (the stuff they play at raves) there's a few other's that elude me at this time.

toymods doesnt really give out ages so its hard to judge who's what. but i just gathered for the tone of this topic that we where getting the:

"dam kid's and there fangled pac man video games and hoola hoop's....in my day we made out own fun out of walking 15 MILES to collect pine cones etc"

tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Tue, 06 December 2005 10:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Tue, 06 December 2005 11:25

Night clubs are not as they once were Sad
They all seem to be run by wanna be black rapper homos that have nothing else in their collection but techno/rap crap rubbish.
I try and stick to the beer garden type places that have garage bands playing. Or go to a strip club and get a bitch to sit on my head so I cant hear anything Rolling Eyes

lol @ stripper thing! She must have wide set hips to slide down to ear level... She's wasting her talents in a strip joint, obviously. She should become catholic and pop out children on a 10 month cycle!

Clubs... Most clubs are infected by at least one of the following:

1. desperate 18 year olds (of both sexes) trying desperately to get laid, but too shy to grab some arse,

2. desperate 40 year olds more than willing to grab some arse ARGH

3. Shit music, remixed shittily such that it becomes even shittier to dance to, or

4. me trying to dance.

Uni bar = tops and cheap.

Clubs are only tolerated in small doses, but can be good value if you feel like looking like a penis.

(Above is a perspective of 20 year old uni/car geek with a penchant for 1970's music and cars, for the benefit of havabeer)
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Tue, 06 December 2005 10:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tricky wrote on Tue, 06 December 2005 20:50

[
Clubs... Most clubs are infected by at least one of the following:

1. desperate 18 year olds (of both sexes) trying desperately to get laid, but too shy to grab some arse,

2. desperate 40 year olds more than willing to grab some arse ARGH

3. Shit music, remixed shittily such that it becomes even shittier to dance to, or

4. me trying to dance.

Then theres me grabbing arse, tit, cock and anything else that may get some reaction. Hell, theres nothing more amusing than seeing some fag cry cause I grabbed his girls boob and she liked it
Confused Shocked Very Happy
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Tue, 06 December 2005 11:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Tue, 06 December 2005 21:54

Hell, theres nothing more amusing than seeing some fag cry cause I grabbed his girls boob and she liked it

till you find out the girls boy friend is a 120kg mauri with 5 friends....
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Tue, 06 December 2005 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havabeer wrote on Tue, 06 December 2005 21:19

Cool1 wrote on Tue, 06 December 2005 21:54

Hell, theres nothing more amusing than seeing some fag cry cause I grabbed his girls boob and she liked it

till you find out the girls boy friend is a 120kg mauri with 5 friends....

Mate, my balls dropped long ago. I am fully aware of how un-agile a "120kg mauri" is! And five of his friends?? Pfft. Yeah I might be worried if I was at an all in orgy Rolling Eyes
Once upon a time in a place far far away, well before that....Been there, done that.

Pick another fairy tale that might scare me Confused
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Tue, 06 December 2005 12:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message

As for this music is shit now crap,ive heard it all before.If you dont like where you went dont go back.And next time before you go out open up beat mag or 3D world,your bound to find some really cool venues that are playing the sort of music you want to hear if you do a bit of planning.How you can expect the music to have the same kicks they were using in 92 is just ghey.

Dont get me wrong most clubs shit me to tears especially being a DJ myself,hearing some of these puppets trying to mix is painfull,but i know where to go to hear the shit i want to hear.. Smile
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Tue, 06 December 2005 12:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heard it all before!! I'm a DJ rar rar rar!!! Mannn, every man and his dog thinks they are a DJ these days Confused
No wonder these night clubs are shit Rolling Eyes
thu187
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Tue, 06 December 2005 20:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Tue, 06 December 2005 23:51

Heard it all before!! I'm a DJ rar rar rar!!! Mannn, every man and his dog thinks they are a DJ these days Confused

You seem to be pretty angry in this thread and I've never ever seen someone grope someone else's girlfriend and get away with it.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Tue, 06 December 2005 21:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thu187 wrote on Wed, 07 December 2005 06:23

You seem to be pretty angry in this thread

Me angry?? No! I'm just stirring you kids Smile

Quote:

and I've never ever seen someone grope someone else's girlfriend and get away with it.

Maybe you should get out more?
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Tue, 06 December 2005 22:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

mate ive been playing for 10 years,and have played at most of the clubs mentioned above Rolling Eyes
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Tue, 06 December 2005 22:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riceburna73 wrote on Wed, 07 December 2005 08:00

mate ive been playing for 10 years,and have played at most of the clubs mentioned above Rolling Eyes

Very Happy Its all good mate. I'm only stirring you!
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Tue, 06 December 2005 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
riceburna73 wrote on Tue, 06 December 2005 22:47

As for this music is shit now crap,ive heard it all before.If you dont like where you went dont go back.And next time before you go out open up beat mag or 3D world,your bound to find some really cool venues that are playing the sort of music you want to hear if you do a bit of planning.How you can expect the music to have the same kicks they were using in 92 is just ghey.

I don't expect music to use the same kick but I do expect it to evolve in a generally positive direction. There is still some great music being made today, but also some absolute shite (like always). It's just a shame that electro is so unfathomably popular when it's music to nod your head to and try and pick which filter they pushed the sample of a man frying bacon through - not great music to dance to (like house, techno, drum'n'bass, jungle etc is).
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Tue, 06 December 2005 22:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cool1 wrote on Wed, 07 December 2005 09:15

riceburna73 wrote on Wed, 07 December 2005 08:00

Very Happy Its all good mate. I'm only stirring you!

Very Happy
yeah i know,cant believe I took the bait you dirty homma Very Happy
Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Wed, 07 December 2005 00:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well im only 20 and still enjoying the clubs every weekend, and yes techno/trance/house/hard house are my 'thing' nowadays and the occasional rnb/hip hop i don't mind either.
But how do you dance to techno/house???...the same u dance to rnb and hip hop?? move to how you feel is good

I like to find myself a crowd which doesnt look at you and judge you by how u dance or how u dress, such as Room when they have events, ive been going chasers the last few weekends and Evo recovery is also not too bad but thats if i'm still awake (starts 6:30am)

Places that suck that i've visited lately would have to be Bliss lounge and Scuba (Babylon). Scuba had some okay music but there was quite a large fight inside the club causing everyone to get involved as people were buzzing from their drugs and swinging at anyone and anything Confused

Melbourne isnt that bad, i quite enjoy the different lots of clubs and events that occur for certain clubs.

illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Wed, 07 December 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look at my post above.

this is how u dance to techno aparently: http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=pGgUDw0V3Tk

anyone know what that song is. ive been listening(watching) this all day and i just realisted its a cool track.
davedave
Forums Junkie

October 2003

Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Wed, 07 December 2005 03:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Clubs have always been shit, find yourself a good party with the DJs you like playing. If you don't know the scene you might have to trial a few.

I'm not really that much in the scene these days, but when I used to go down to melb a bit, I always used to check out the hardware gigs. Although I haven't heard them in a long time (so don't know what/if they're playing these days), but Wetmusik (hardware) was one of my Melb favourites.
Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Wed, 07 December 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
illuminatus wrote on Wed, 07 December 2005 12:14

look at my post above.

this is how u dance to techno aparently: http://www.youtube.com/watch.php?v=pGgUDw0V3Tk

anyone know what that song is. ive been listening(watching) this all day and i just realisted its a cool track.

The song name is on the site u posted up.

Quote:

For all those who requested the artist is DJ Lantern Album: Broken Track:Splitloop - Both Knee's (Breakfastaz Remix)
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Wed, 07 December 2005 09:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message

look at my post above.

I'd hit it.

All night
Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Wed, 07 December 2005 13:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Wed, 07 December 2005 20:56

look at my post above.

I'd hit it.

All night

I must agree with the emo!

illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Wed, 07 December 2005 22:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i was too busy watching to read anything written there.

have a look at her other vids: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos.php?user=lqd chicky83

turns out she is a 19yo MILF. Very Happy
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Thu, 08 December 2005 09:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lumpy wrote on Tue, 06 December 2005 13:42

If you haven't already I suggest you download ReBirth - the 303/808/909 emulator for your PC. Even if you know nothing about music you can have some monster fun tweaking the 303's.

Thanks for the tip - I downloaded this and have been making acid noises! Going to give up my day job and become an acid DJ now.
lumpy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Thu, 08 December 2005 22:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gianttomato wrote on Thu, 08 December 2005 20:07

Thanks for the tip - I downloaded this and have been making acid noises! Going to give up my day job and become an acid DJ now.

It's time to live the dream GT!
Shraka
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: What is going on at nightclubs? Thu, 08 December 2005 23:07 Go to previous message
I'm gonna have to take a look at this program. Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:its out today NRL2
Next Topic:G-Unit signing Mobb Deep & M.O.P.
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 22:13:04 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066378116607666 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.