Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae101rKev
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Conversion for a AE101 Fri, 21 February 2003 04:03 Go to next message
Do the 4age, 4agze and 3sgte fit straight into a ae101 seca. It currently has a 4afe. If not what mods would be required for fitting each one.

Send a private message to this user    
Corvid
Regular

May 2002
Re: Conversion for a AE101 Fri, 21 February 2003 08:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 4age and 4agze will bolt in.... (gze will bolt in with standard box, if you use e51 gze box more work required)
The 3s can fit.. Mick has done it.. But by god shes a tight fit..
ae101rKev
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: Conversion for a AE101 Mon, 24 February 2003 02:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the reply,

I think I will stay with the 4a series. Now just to go the Turbo or 20v. Turbo would prob be more tuning/boost options, the 20v would be easier for compiance.

Kev

msbhvn
Occasional Poster

November 2002
Re: Conversion for a AE101 Thu, 27 February 2003 03:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The 3SGTE makes the car really hard to drive (apparently, because of the power) Therefor I have been looking into the 3SGE or even the new celica engine. The 4age replacement is the tried and true method, but I want to do something different.

There inst many people that have done much to the AE101 cars as they are seen as more of a "grandma" car. All the same though I like mine and will like to add a bit of power to it, let me know if you do ever do the conversion as I would really like to know your opinion on it.
leebroozlee
Regular

November 2002

Re: Conversion for a AE101 Thu, 27 February 2003 03:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If u want something different and better than a 4A-GE (dunno about reliability) build a 7A-GE. Plus it's probably a bit more expensive than a straight 4A-GE drop-in, but it's got more power too. It'll cost ya a few thousand bucks at least.

7A (1.8L) block and GE performance head from a 4A-GE.
It's basically a 4A-GE with lots more torque.
Johnny has nearly finished a 7A-GE conversion.
GZE-STYLE
Regular

July 2002

Re: Conversion for a AE101 Thu, 27 February 2003 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
4AGZE, i've been in a AE101 with a gze and its great,easier fit then the 3S series etc. Bolt in a GZE!
ae101rKev
Occasional Poster

October 2002
Re: Conversion for a AE101 Thu, 27 February 2003 08:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How does the 4AGZE go with compliance? Adding the super charger to the system. Is it a lot harder to get than a 4AGE 20V?

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Conversion for a AE101 Thu, 27 February 2003 10:04 Go to previous message
compliance will be the same... it's a legal engine conversion, and apart from that you have to jump through all the same hoops.
That's assuming the GZE came out in oz-delivered cars .. if it didn't, it will have to pass an emissions test too
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Clutch, and K-series motors?
Next Topic:Thermostat on oil cooler
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 22:21:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0050549507141113 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.