Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » gen1 3s-ge oil pressure sensor: where is it???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
gen1 3s-ge oil pressure sensor: where is it??? Sat, 26 November 2005 04:35 Go to next message
hey as the title suggest's i'm looking for where the oil pressure sensor is. when the guy did the tuning on my car he said it fell about 3 times.

just wondering where it is so maybe i can get it to stay on.

thanks heaps
  Send a private message to this user    
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: gen1 3s-ge oil pressure sensor: where is it??? Sat, 26 November 2005 09:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i think it was that gold cylinder shaped thing on the right side of the cylinder head, not that big, maybe size of a golf ball
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: gen1 3s-ge oil pressure sensor: where is it??? Tue, 06 December 2005 05:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It looks like this:

http://members.optushome.com.au/an-d/web/2/sender.jpg

Its on the top corner of the head on the gearbox side of the engine. You can't miss it - sticks out like dog's balls. Smile
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: gen1 3s-ge oil pressure sensor: where is it??? Tue, 06 December 2005 05:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It looks like this:

Its on the top corner of the head on the gearbox side of the engine. You can't miss it - sticks out like dog's balls. Smile
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: gen1 3s-ge oil pressure sensor: where is it??? Tue, 06 December 2005 08:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
smashed_wombat wrote on Tue, 06 December 2005 16:49

It looks like this:

So does Double posting so don't do it Smile
HAHAHA

Smile
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: gen1 3s-ge oil pressure sensor: where is it??? Tue, 06 December 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i found it quite a bit ago. thanks anyway. still think mine might be faulty as it barely moves off the mark unless the car is cold. ie in mornings's
ST162GT-R
Regular

February 2004
Re: gen1 3s-ge oil pressure sensor: where is it??? Wed, 07 December 2005 01:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it maybe faulty, mine runs high (oil pressure gauage) on a cold start, then when its properly warmed up it'll sit on low at idle.
smashed_wombat
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: gen1 3s-ge oil pressure sensor: where is it??? Wed, 07 December 2005 06:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
it should sit just under the first division at idle then stay somewhere in the middle band of the gauge while driving. It's about as accurate as a blind man using a chainsaw to do brain surgery so dont stress if yours is always doing something different. You only need to be worried if it goes really low (no oil) or really high (oil overheating).
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: gen1 3s-ge oil pressure sensor: where is it??? Wed, 07 December 2005 11:01 Go to previous message
well mines really really low. but there's plenty of oil in the sump. might try and pull the one off my spare engine and see if that makes a difference
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:need help with head unit installation
Next Topic:Cordia kingsprings into Ae71
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 21:45:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052928924560547 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.