Toymods » The Outhouse » i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Wed, 07 December 2005 00:13 Go to next message
i thought of putting it in the dunny, but i remembered back to CSI a few weeks back and remembered what happened, BOOM.

does anyone know what happens when u put it in old engine oil
  Send a private message to this user    
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Wed, 07 December 2005 00:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
get a coke bottle fill it about a one fifth water then throw some dry ice in that till its about 1/3-1/2 full. Screw cap back on throw it and wait.

It'll go boom best to place the bottle somewhere that should anything potentially come flying back that it won't hit you. Razz
Farkurnell
Regular

February 2005

Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Wed, 07 December 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bring it round to my place. It's good stuff to use when euthing my rats.

Cheers, Greg.
Skip
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Wed, 07 December 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That sounds like too much ice and water there rona. You only really need about 5 pellets and 50ml of water, make sure you squash the bottle while putting the lid on, gives it a bit extra pressure. The explosion will be very loud.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Wed, 07 December 2005 00:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1. Freeze your cock with it and then smash it with a hammer.

Quote:

SFA.
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Wed, 07 December 2005 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Skip wrote on Wed, 07 December 2005 11:30

That sounds like too much ice and water there rona. You only really need about 5 pellets and 50ml of water, make sure you squash the bottle while putting the lid on, gives it a bit extra pressure. The explosion will be very loud.

depends how big a bottle your talking about. Very Happy

KE382tg whatever you get your jollies out of Razz

Throw a piece on a table that is fairly smooth get some rulers and a mate and play air hockey it'll float (use small bits).
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Wed, 07 December 2005 00:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
strip the sound deadener outta your car with it
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Wed, 07 December 2005 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Is it block form or crushed?
Gerald1
Regular

November 2005
Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Wed, 07 December 2005 04:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This is rather like the exploding bottle but you can make pretty cool rockets out of it. create a platform out of wood that has a hole big enough of the lid of the rocket. out of that hole have a nail. around the neck of the bottle, have a piece of metal that can hold the rocket while it builds up pressure, got to be able to remove this with a piece of string. also have something the rocket can lean on.

the rocket is just a coke bottle with a hold in the lid big for the nail....but not tooo big, gotta be a tight fit.

put dry ice in coke bottle. fill with water. put coke bottle on nail. it is held in place around the neck of the bottle. then when pressure has raised enough. slide restaint away from bottle and watch it take off.....make sure bottle of pointing upwards and not towards your house.

also just for fun, get a small 1cm big block of dry ice and hold a teaspoon on it Razz
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Wed, 07 December 2005 05:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cant you put it in colored water turn the lights down low and pretend your a crazy scientist making weird concoction's??
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Wed, 07 December 2005 08:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
havabeer wrote on Wed, 07 December 2005 16:59

cant you put it in colored water turn the lights down low and pretend your a crazy scientist making weird concoction's??

Laughing
unforgiven
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Wed, 07 December 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well, whatever you do, film it, then post it here.
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Wed, 07 December 2005 11:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have a decent sized video on my pc where dudes use dry ice in a pepsi bottle and it blows up and stuff..its fucken awesome...if someone could tell me how to host vid or do it for me it will be well worth the trouble....
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Wed, 07 December 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr DOHC wrote on Wed, 07 December 2005 11:13

it gets colder Wink
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Wed, 07 December 2005 13:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Put it in your airbox... FULLY COLD AIR INTAKE!!! Free kilowatts! Sik bro sik! Rolling

***BTW: I do realise what dry ice is made from. Wink
AW11 no Jitsu
Regular

May 2005
Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Wed, 07 December 2005 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Thu, 08 December 2005 00:29

Put it in your airbox... FULLY COLD AIR INTAKE!!! Free kilowatts! Sik bro sik! Rolling

I can just picture somebody doing that to a riced up honda or rex. Laughing Laughing
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Wed, 07 December 2005 13:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cover your intercooler in it and do a dyno run? Smile
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Wed, 07 December 2005 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
AW11 no Jitsu wrote on Thu, 08 December 2005 00:39

SIMDOG wrote on Thu, 08 December 2005 00:29

I can just picture somebody doing that to a riced up honda or rex. Laughing Laughing

There was a stupid American guy on the Cressida forum who said he came up with the idea and stated all the benefits of getting super cold air in the engine. I just laughed and pointed out that dry ice is pure carbon dioxide... that kinda shot that idea out of the water. Laughing
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Wed, 07 December 2005 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
magicmitch wrote on Wed, 07 December 2005 22:56

i have a decent sized video on my pc where dudes use dry ice in a pepsi bottle and it blows up and stuff..its fucken awesome...if someone could tell me how to host vid or do it for me it will be well worth the trouble....

Is that the one where the kid blows his hand off?

MR 1JZ
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2004
Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Thu, 08 December 2005 00:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
definitiely put it in a bottle and add some water..we did this at my mates place a couple of months back while we stripped the sound deadener out of his car..cops were round in half an hour...not good Laughing
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Thu, 08 December 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Wed, 07 December 2005 23:39

cover your intercooler in it and do a dyno run? Smile

great idea, i'll put it on my TWIN SIDEDRAUGHT CARBY'S Rolling Eyes

it was in small slab form, 1cm/20/10cm and there is 2 of them

i'll get more next week and do the bottle thing
dont u use soft drink to add to the pressure
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Thu, 08 December 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
watch this vid

scary shit

http://www.lookatentertainment.com/v/v-1038.htm
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Thu, 08 December 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That vid highlights the risks you are taking when screwing around with homemade bombs and stuff. They are so unpredictable.

On the other hand, the dry ice/water/PET bottle bombs are on the safer end of the scale because there's no corrosive substances, heat or much shrapnel that can harm it's users. That doesn't mean they're safe, it just means the others are really dangerous.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Thu, 08 December 2005 10:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we did this at a mates and buried it in sand on a beach, sat around for ages and thought, we really can't go and dig it up we just have to wait it out, it finally went off and did a little bit but nothing interesting. rained a bit of sand, i scored the ice and went home and filled a 2L pepsi bottle, waited around and seriously this thing turned into the size of a soccer ball. when it went off it was so friggin loud, you could hear everyone opening and closing doors in the block as everyone ran outside thinking something has exploded. if you try it please be careful and to make it go off more reliably fill it with ice first. as more will melt if you try and fill it with ice last.

Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Thu, 08 December 2005 10:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's another vid where the kid is shaking it up and it goes off in his hand.... Confused

I remember back in primary school we went to the shop and got some soda bulbs and jiffy fire lighters, then headed to the oval to have some fun.

Long story short we were waiting for ages for one to blow when a big German Shepherd headed toward it, Thank god it finally blow when the dog was about 5m away rather than right on top. Needless to say the dog was FAR FAR away in seconds with our hearts pounding in our throats at how close the dog came and we all swore never to do it again.....

....Until we discovered fireworks and a large school of carp in the creek.
hokey
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Thu, 08 December 2005 11:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Malicia wrote on Thu, 08 December 2005 21:30

There's another vid where the kid is shaking it up and it goes off in his hand.... Confused

I remember back in primary school we went to the shop and got some soda bulbs and jiffy fire lighters, then headed to the oval to have some fun.

Long story short we were waiting for ages for one to blow when a big German Shepherd headed toward it, Thank god it finally blow when the dog was about 5m away rather than right on top. Needless to say the dog was FAR FAR away in seconds with our hearts pounding in our throats at how close the dog came and we all swore never to do it again.....

....Until we discovered fireworks and a large school of carp in the creek.

good fun to be had with soda bulbs. probably one of the safest way to make a big explosion. Lemon guns are pretty harmless to but you will incur huge fines with the cops Rolling Eyes
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Thu, 08 December 2005 11:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had one where he shakes it but thats a certain substance (don't want little kiddies making this now do we) and alcohol, thats not the one your thinking of right?
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Thu, 08 December 2005 18:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yes I think it very well could be.
magicmitch
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Fri, 09 December 2005 06:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the vid i have no ones hands blows off...nothing bad happens its pretty cool tho
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Fri, 09 December 2005 06:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've been told of something stupid you can do....

get a tennis ball...cut a small hole in it....fill it with match stick heads (yes you'll need alot of them) and really jam pack them in there. also about half way through put 1 or 2 of the flint's from the side of the box in there.

so HOPEFULLY if you throw it had something hard enough it should spark and just burn.

ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Fri, 09 December 2005 12:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no in this the guy doesn't loose his hand. Also i have been doing some part time at Dollars and Sense ($2 shop) and a fella came in the other day and bought 22 packets of 40 sparklers... that 880 of them! i didn't know weather i should ask what he plans to blow up or what, it was quite funny.
mk27m
Regular

November 2003
Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Sat, 10 December 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You would use them for a sparkler bomb - similar to the match head thing, you break all the stuff off the sparklers into a bowl, the crush it all up really fine, then jam it all through then tiny hole you've made in your tennis ball - making sure you pack it as tight as possible - then you get one sparkler and cut the bottom wire handle part off and jam that end into the hole in the tennis ball so it goes right down into the crushed up sparkler dust and acts as a fuse.

Then you light it.

It dosen't actually blow up or anything, it's like a volcano effect, if you do it right though it should spew up around 2-3 stories high and look pretty spectacular. And possibly attract all the wrong sorts of attention too i should point out.

With the dry ice, crush it up, put it into a 1.25 litre plastic drink bottle, fill most of the rest of the way up with water, put the lid on nice and tight, then throw it and run like hell. Another fun thing you can do is throw them out of a moving car Smile

Oh to be 15 and bored again Smile

[Updated on: Sat, 10 December 2005 00:36]

havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Sat, 10 December 2005 01:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this thread brings out the home-grown terrorist in all of us:

weird thing i got told to do..

is get a click pen, replace the ink tube with a match, line one of the walls with the match box flint. fill rest of pen with gun powder (will prob have to be pretty large pen) and put it all back together.

so when you click the pen voila.

Marc205
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Re: i got a whole bunch of dry ice, what should i do Tue, 13 December 2005 03:21 Go to previous message
The booby trapped pens seem to be a popular trick at the moment. A a girl lost her hand in Italy, and there was a well publicised case in Los Angeles where they've since caught the person responsible. It's all fun and games until you involve others.

That said, bring on the dry ice videos. Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Bogans and shinny things
Next Topic:Funny number plate
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 12:11:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066671371459961 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.