Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » #2!! AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne official convoy thread (time for round 2)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
pLaYa_OnE
Regular

February 2004
Re: #2!! AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne official convoy thread (time for round 2) Tue, 06 December 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
current weather forecasts on thursday for sydney:
partially cloudy
low: 19 high: 27

current weather forecasts on thursday for melbourne:
shower or 2
low: 13 high: 22

so looks like we'll be trying to escape the heat but i bet those highway roads will be hot!

Got a map of melbourne today. Should help remotely, i'm useless without one. HAHA! no more bailers! if anyone else bails i'm gonna kill a kitten!

|\_/| XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX |\_/|
|| | | -----------MEOW!..<snap!>----------- |x x|
| x- | XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX | x |
\----/ XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX \---/

..... so don't mess...
....that took far too long..
... 31 hrs 50 mins remaining...
  Send a private message to this user    
mrf_ool
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: #2!! AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne official convoy thread (time for round 2) Tue, 06 December 2005 12:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
fuck where did everybody go .. 8 cars left.. 24 hrs 37 mins
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Re: #2!! AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne official convoy thread (time for round 2) Tue, 06 December 2005 12:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well weve lost another one.
I was close to not bringing mine also but luckily we pulled a late one tonight and have sorted out the problem (i hope) but it basically means i wont be entering the event in melbourne Nope

So we have 6 hachis confirmed. And one Soarer Wink

Dont forget, bring your CB and backup batteries. Also FUEL UP the night before!!!! Have your stuff packed the night before! buy munchies and drinks beforehand and be ready to rock n roll 6am on the dot. Depending on where you live I suggest set your alarm nice an early and be out the door around 5:30 (unless your travelling from 30km+ away)

Final words; I am dissapointed to say the least at those not attending. I joke you not I have seen more hachis on the street in the past 2weeks that I dont know then there are people attending this trip, hell more people have pulled out than are attending. But that said Ive had a HUGE interest from friends in Melbourne spurring us on and saying how they cant wait for the meet and to see us Sydneysiders again. Less cars to worry about, less delays. On with the show!

I'd also like to stress again; 6am sharp. If everyone is there 6 then we can leave right away and avoid any traffic before the freeway.

See you all soon.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: #2!! AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne official convoy thread (time for round 2) Tue, 06 December 2005 21:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bathurst-91 wrote on Tue, 06 December 2005 23:47

FUEL UP the night before!!!!

Anyone who says "I gotta fill up" as we are about ot leave will be tied to the back of the Soarer by their genitals. No No No Wink
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: #2!! AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne official convoy thread (time for round 2) Tue, 06 December 2005 22:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh well...now we know who the dedicated ones are!

ill be there at 6 on the dot with munchies and CB ready to roll

silent mike we still need that spare seat too Wink

im amazed the only new comer is our new best mate playa one
where are the rest of you????
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: #2!! AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne official convoy thread (time for round 2) Tue, 06 December 2005 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Wed, 07 December 2005 09:19

Out buying Initial D seat covers. Who cares - they're obviously not interested enough anyway so we're better off without them!

Can't wait. It's gonna be sick! I'm actually getting a little excited now (somewhat of a rarity for those that don't know me... haha)
pLaYa_OnE
Regular

February 2004
Re: #2!! AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne official convoy thread (time for round 2) Tue, 06 December 2005 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Wed, 07 December 2005 09:19

oh well...now we know who the dedicated ones are!

im amazed the only new comer is our new best mate playa one

I was at Harry's Hot Dogs on like monday night, 2 hachis flew by going the opposite way to me as I was leaving. So a quick 180, back down to Harry's and the first thing I asked em was 'are you coming to melbourne for the annual' they said 'fork that, it be too far!' I said 'COME!' they got scared and asked 'when is it?' I said '3 days....' then they replied it wasn't enough time for them to get leave from work, etc. and i left. I don't think it's really a question of dedication. More so how much you wanna go, and what your willing to put on hold.

Am I really the only newcomer? lol. teh n00b wit da 4ac yo! u better believe i'll be there! hope my good ol' carby holds up for the trip.
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: #2!! AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne official convoy thread (time for round 2) Tue, 06 December 2005 23:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I guess we're more talking about the many hachi drivers on here that have had months and months to organise themselves. Never mind. It'll be teh wikkid anyways
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: #2!! AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne official convoy thread (time for round 2) Wed, 07 December 2005 00:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pLaYa_OnE wrote on Wed, 07 December 2005 10:35

Am I really the only newcomer? lol. teh n00b wit da 4ac yo! u better believe i'll be there! hope my good ol' carby holds up for the trip.

yup

but you wont regret it, so much fun!
even with a 4ac youlll be right Smile
except of course if you go up against that tyre frying, twin turbo monster wangan killer soarer Wink

ps whats your real name man?

[Updated on: Wed, 07 December 2005 00:33]

AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: #2!! AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne official convoy thread (time for round 2) Wed, 07 December 2005 00:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Wed, 07 December 2005 11:32

except of course if you go up against that tyre frying, twin turbo monster wangan killer soarer Wink

Yeah man, don't mess with the 'Lonely Knights Wangan Performer'.

A tad over 18hrs to go!
pLaYa_OnE
Regular

February 2004
Re: #2!! AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne official convoy thread (time for round 2) Wed, 07 December 2005 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ae86drift wrote on Wed, 07 December 2005 11:32

ps whats your real name man?

Takumi, but you can just call me Tak..... BWAHAHAHAHA! Rolling Eyes

But seriously, my name's Nye. What's yours? I suppose I'll learn everyone's soon!
mrf_ool
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: #2!! AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne official convoy thread (time for round 2) Wed, 07 December 2005 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
out of the stuff ive been doing nly just remembered to book my room .. couldnt do it over the net and got me shiting myself but just rang them its all done... cutting it close
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: #2!! AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne official convoy thread (time for round 2) Wed, 07 December 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
welllllll

i have to stop at aubury to pay my rego
yes thats right... my rego which expires on saturday Sad
that i forgot to pay before i left

so i might be a while at lunch sorting it out Very Happy

ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: #2!! AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne official convoy thread (time for round 2) Wed, 07 December 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that or we stop at goulburn just to make sure i get in before 5pm

?
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: #2!! AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne official convoy thread (time for round 2) Wed, 07 December 2005 13:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cyas tomorrow night

myself and skein will be the only ones from sa arriving on thursday (i think)

cant wait to get going!!! Cool

garth/jez/other syd guys my mobile number is 0401337020

add me if u you can and send me an sms at some time during thursday so ive got your number

then when we all arrive we can get in touch!

[Updated on: Wed, 07 December 2005 13:13]

genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: #2!! AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne official convoy thread (time for round 2) Wed, 07 December 2005 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey guys.
Good luck with the drive 2moro!
I'll be there with a few other adelaide 86ers on Friday night/Saturday morning.

Im pumped!
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: #2!! AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne official convoy thread (time for round 2) Wed, 07 December 2005 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pLaYa_OnE wrote on Wed, 07 December 2005 10:05

I was at Harry's Hot Dogs on like monday night, 2 hachis flew by going the opposite way to me as I was leaving. So a quick 180, back down to Harry's and the first thing I asked em was 'are you coming to melbourne for the annual' they said 'fork that, it be too far!' I said 'COME!' they got scared and asked 'when is it?' I said '3 days....' then they replied it wasn't enough time for them to get leave from work, etc. and i left. I don't think it's really a question of dedication. More so how much you wanna go, and what your willing to put on hold.

This attitude is pathetic.
People like that are a real let down to the AE86 spirit. It made me disheartened to read this post. My ultimate dream of having an ULTIMATE AE86 community has just been pushed further away...
But if similar 86 loosers are reading this... remember there is always room for reconciliation.

PS: Harry's Hot Dogs sounds like a cool hangout joint!
Jeremy, can you take me there next time im in Sydney?

[Updated on: Wed, 07 December 2005 23:03]

KYOTO_ESP
Regular

September 2005
Re: #2!! AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne official convoy thread (time for round 2) Thu, 08 December 2005 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hi guys just wondering if some one from sydney has mr fools mobile number as i have to oragnise to meet him at f1 hotel to pick up some goods off him

any help would be appretiated

thanks
dave
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: #2!! AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne official convoy thread (time for round 2) Thu, 08 December 2005 03:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry boys, i wont be driving down from Syd.

I'll see you all soon. Can't wait.
This weekend is gonna rock!!!

-Jay
KYOTO_ESP
Regular

September 2005
Re: #2!! AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne official convoy thread (time for round 2) Thu, 08 December 2005 05:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
damn the mobile number listed for bathurst doesnt work for some reason'

plzzzzz some one help me plzzz lol
StockAE86
Regular

July 2004
Re: #2!! AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne official convoy thread (time for round 2) Thu, 08 December 2005 07:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont worry too much kyoto, if u cant get a hold of them im sure one of us vic boys can grab the stuff for you and you can pick it up from one of us.

marcio
Newcomer

October 2003
Re: #2!! AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne official convoy thread (time for round 2) Thu, 08 December 2005 11:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im going to miss this one, again Sad
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: #2!! AE86 Sydney -> Melbourne official convoy thread (time for round 2) Fri, 09 December 2005 00:10 Go to previous message
What the fuuck is it with everybody piking out!
SHAME ON YOU ALL!

Myself and about 4 other hachis are leaving Adelaide this afternoon at about 5pm. We will probably be hitting the F1 at about 1:30 - 2am.

Sick!

A NOTE TO ALL YOU 'cant get time off'ers and 'too soon'ers and 'cant be bothered'ers.
I was looking forward to the first hachi meet (04) since I first heard it was being organised. I had planned to drive my car over and back. It turned out that I couldn't get time off work for it... so what did I do? I didn't give up, thats for sure! I organized a lift over in a friends 86 (Joel86). We had a lot of trouble on the way there... ended up taking us probably 11 hours. I had to take over the driving towards the end casue I saw Joel nodding off at the wheel. We were screwed for the next two days... And I had to fly home at 6:00AM on Monday morning and then go straight to work.

But you know what! It was the BEST thing I have done! The only thing I regret is not taking my own car over... There was no 2door representation Sad

But Hell! I can't get time off this year either! AND I AM STILL DRIVING MY CAR OVER!

So have a cry you softy cocks. have a cry. it will be okay. maybe next year huh? pfft, yeh, whatever.
Pages (5): [ «  <  1  2  3  4  5]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AUTOSALON THIS WEEKEND!! WHO'S GOING?
Next Topic:MR2 Cruise - Sun 27th of Nov - Postponed due to weather!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 10:21:42 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010830879211426 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.