Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
dude
Occasional Poster

February 2005
icon7.gif  my tubbed KE10 Thu, 10 March 2005 11:21 Go to next message
hey everyone!!
Just thought id post up a couple of teaser pics of my KE10 that im building(slowly).It will be powered by either a full house turbo 3T or 12A turbo rotor,supra 5 speed, then probably c4 auto and NOS when the chassis is semi sorted,i wil be fitting a full cage in a few weeks then i might do a series of full build up pics if there is enough interest, but for now ,,,enjoy
cheers.....dude
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dude1972/tubs.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dude1972/tubsrear.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/dude1972/IMG_0037.jpg

[Updated on: Mon, 21 March 2005 01:34]

Send a private message to this user    
time2play
Forums Junkie

On Probation

February 2005
Re: my tubbed KE10 Thu, 10 March 2005 13:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looking sex, just want 2 know, how do the wheels come off Razz (ive always wonderd this)
Sam_Q
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: my tubbed KE10 Thu, 10 March 2005 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks amazing, I would like to see some more pics for sure
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: my tubbed KE10 Thu, 10 March 2005 15:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
full house 3T Smile
EvilJack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2002

Re: my tubbed KE10 Thu, 10 March 2005 22:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bring on the build up pics!
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my tubbed KE10 Thu, 10 March 2005 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
time2play wrote on Fri, 11 March 2005 00:56

looking sex, just want 2 know, how do the wheels come off Razz (ive always wonderd this)

I'd say they would drop the diff,..

Nice car, looks sweet Nod
De@Noo
Regular

June 2004
Re: my tubbed KE10 Thu, 10 March 2005 23:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looking really good mate...keep up the good work Very Happy
bman
Regular

November 2003
Re: my tubbed KE10 Thu, 10 March 2005 23:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks ace! run the 12AT!
dude
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: my tubbed KE10 Fri, 11 March 2005 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message

There is enough inner guard clearnce to drop the wheels off the studs then its a slight juggle to get them off from there,but not hard, also the shocks will be quick release so that will give me a few more inches of drop to help when i run it with tall slicks.

Thanks for the comments guys!!
soaringmik
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: my tubbed KE10 Fri, 11 March 2005 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude wrote on Fri, 11 March 2005 11:00

There is enough inner guard clearnce to drop the wheels off the studs then its a slight juggle to get them off from there,but not hard, also the shocks will be quick release so that will give me a few more inches of drop to help when i run it with tall slicks.

Thanks for the comments guys!!

I guessed wrong Embarassed
h3ff44
Forums Junkie

February 2005
Re: my tubbed KE10 Fri, 11 March 2005 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah dont go the 12at (every one is dropping rotars in everything) b different n do the 3t more interesting n would be cool to see wat power it comes out with.

good to see a classic being hotted up Cool
dude
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: my tubbed KE10 Fri, 11 March 2005 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
h3ff44 wrote on Fri, 11 March 2005 14:24

nah dont go the 12at (every one is dropping rotars in everything) b different n do the 3t more interesting n would be cool to see wat power it comes out with.

the rotary is actually an easier fit compared to the 3t but ive already stepped my firewall back so it doesnt really matter which one i fit.
i am expecting 450hp at the wheels out of both engines, the main difference is that the rotary is way cheaper for me to build, lighter, smaller and lower centre of gravity so much better for chassis setup,but we'll see, ill let you know soon enough!!!
IRA11Y
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002

Re: my tubbed KE10 Fri, 11 March 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
13b TT would have to be the ducks guts! theyre not tubs dude theyre 44 gallon drums!!

nice work, be great to see it in action when its finished
PMP020
Forums Junkie

January 2005
Re: my tubbed KE10 Fri, 11 March 2005 08:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
more pix. more pix. more pix
GO ROTAREEEEEEEEE BRAP BRAP
BRAPKE Laughing
cheers scott
Arch
Forums Junkie

January 2004

Re: my tubbed KE10 Fri, 11 March 2005 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man this thing is lookin so damn tough, cant wait to see it in action!
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: my tubbed KE10 Fri, 11 March 2005 09:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got wood Razz

Awesome fabrication. That rear end really looks the goods!

Cheers
Phil
dude
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: my tubbed KE10 Sat, 12 March 2005 07:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Irally; a 13bt would be good but highly illegal unless i was in melbourne Mad .....lol, the tubs do look pretty massive but they are only a 32 inch wheel tub!!

te72-turbo, thanks mate, you should see it with all the sheetmetal sitting in the back, when the car is off the jig ,the sills sit at 5 inches off the ground, looks awesome!!

Ill put some more photos up soon guys , and ill do a thread of the chassis work for those who are interested!!

---Just a side note for those who think that cars like this cost big dollars,im building this car on the tightest budget,this car will be totally built by myself with help from a mate,so stay tuned all the budget concious builders out there!!!
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: my tubbed KE10 Sun, 13 March 2005 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks hot

cant wait to see more progress Smile

what are you doing for front brakes?
oldcorollas
Forums Junkie

January 2003

Re: my tubbed KE10 Sun, 13 March 2005 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude wrote on Sat, 12 March 2005 18:18

Irally; a 13bt would be good but highly illegal unless i was in melbourne Mad .....lol, the tubs do look pretty massive but they are only a 32 inch wheel tub!!

so how do you get a tubb'd, chassis'd car legal in NSW?
12AT will also be too big for KE10 to be legal Sad.. heck even a 12A NA is too big for KE10 in NSW Wink

is this actually for the road?

nice to see someone else has rocks in their head Wink
Cya, Stewart
pro_ke
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: my tubbed KE10 Sun, 13 March 2005 04:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ICV perhaps

you are always so negative stew
dude
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: my tubbed KE10 Sun, 13 March 2005 05:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pro ke- thanks mate, front brakes eh? im actually looking at putting in an lj torana front end, if that is too much hassle(i doubt it though) ive already got a strut combination that will get my camber correct again as im sure you know theres not much that works in such a skinny car with such upright struts, but for what it is i cant tell you just yet!!!pm me and i might discuss it further with you!

oldcorollas-wheel tubs are not illegal to do, cutting chassis rails is, so have you looked under the back of a ke 10 lately?
1900 cc is my maximum as a turbo, so the 3t is my first option,--12at isnt legal i know but i also cant tell you how i may be getting around this legally at the moment!! when i have confirmation on some info i will let you know how its done.
(i also have family in vic, but thats the last resort)

lots of mods are possible to do if you do it properly, you just need to interpret the rules and do whatever you need to do to get it regoed,legally.this car is pretty close to the edge but so far it hasnt gone over...so far!!!

ICV is out of the question- for the mods i have done i would need to crash test the vehicle and cost of building a sacrificial vehicle is not worth the hassle!plus you need a 2005 engine for adr approval

All we be revealed in the build up thread-coming soon!!
jeffro RA28
Regular

August 2004
Re: my tubbed KE10 Sun, 13 March 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
All i can say is, TOUGH!!!

cant way to see the build up thread
Nolan
Forums Junkie

November 2004
Re: my tubbed KE10 Sun, 13 March 2005 10:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
look mate im a pretty nice guy

so when uve finished building ur car, can i have it Laughing

SOOOOOOOOOO HOT

NOLAN
z|gen
Regular

June 2004
Re: my tubbed KE10 Tue, 15 March 2005 23:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
looks good mate,
i dont suppose you could get some under body shots of the chassis setup at the rear without the tubs ?
im looking at doing this, but arent quite sure how to get around the leaf spring setup ? just remove it completley ?
dude
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: my tubbed KE10 Wed, 16 March 2005 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
z|gen wrote on Wed, 16 March 2005 10:46

looks good mate,
i dont suppose you could get some under body shots of the chassis setup at the rear without the tubs ?
im looking at doing this, but arent quite sure how to get around the leaf spring setup ? just remove it completley ?

In a nutshell yes! remove it completely.
if you are doubtful as to your ability to get it all done right,why dont you just put in some wheel tubs and step the leaf springs in, to get a bigger tyre under it. Very Happy

Don't think im being an asshole here but tubbing a car is not as easy as it looks, if you are asking what to do about the leafsprings ,i worry about how you are going to get around the rest of the conversion! Confused
have you worked out the variables of the setup yet ?anti-squat, centre of gravity, weight transfer?
have you built a chassis jig yet?,these are things that have taken me a lot of time and research to get right.(my suspension geometry has been worked out on a computer program and the chassis set up was also drawn out from scale to lifesize to make the jig for the chassis clip.i can make up a rear clip the same as mine if that helps ,but not for a few weeks as im very busy.

I will be soon doing a full build up thread on everything to date and you will see how its all done, but its just not as easy as it looks,trust me, and ive done a few already!!and seen the bad results from people who "had a go at it" but if your confident ,read the thread when i finish it then cut it all out and go for your life!!!
cheers...dude
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: my tubbed KE10 Fri, 18 March 2005 00:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dude that is sensational, keep up the awesome effort.

The chassis fab looks really good, are you a welder/fabricator by trade?

Personally I would try and stick with a toyota engine, but I am not really a fan of the 3T. Have you thought of a 3S-GTE (GT4/MR2), a bit more modern, better head design, better options for aftermarket parts etc.

I wanted to do a semi ladder bar type set up in my celica as the standard 5 link goes to crap when it is lowered. I manufactured some diff mounts with different mounting holes to play with but the chassis side of things looked like too much hard work. I stand in awe of your efforts though.

With the mods that I made with my diff, the cad drawings showed an improvement in the percentage rise and anti squat but it is barely noticeable on the road. I guess it would make more of a difference with drag slicks having more compliance than teh road tyres I am using. I assume the trailing arm bushes having some compliance would reduce it's affectiveness also.

Once again the car so far looks awesome, I am looking forward to reading your buildup thread.
dude
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: my tubbed KE10 Fri, 18 March 2005 03:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gold28, thanks for the compliments!! Would you believe im actually not a ticketed welder(no trade) but have been doing it for years, i can do tig/mig/oxy anything really i also do resto work and remake panels to do quality body mods or rust repairs that are only oxy or tig welded, then file finished by a friend! i just love working with metal!!!!

Reason why im going 3t is to avoid pollution gear requirements
so i dont want a cat etc. 2 litre in a car this light is not legal anyway otherwise id consider it but ive also thought of a vg20 v6 twin turbo if a 2 litre was legal, ive also got an fj20 at home.....hhmmmmm so many choices

as far as your diff setup goes try playing around with your pinion angle a little bit it can also make a difference, you may be cancelling out any suspension changes with your pinion angle!!
cheers...dude
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: my tubbed KE10 Fri, 18 March 2005 03:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks, I will look into that. When do you plan on finishing it?
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: my tubbed KE10 Fri, 18 March 2005 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In a word:-sweeeeeeeeeet
rke_011
Regular

May 2004
Re: my tubbed KE10 Sat, 19 March 2005 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Give me more!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 3t's are ok motors i got a tt142 corona import with 3t in it goes alrite. and im building 12at ke11 so what ever you do to it keep it coming and show it off to me Smile more pictures!!!
lexan
Newcomer

December 2004
Re: my tubbed KE10 Mon, 20 June 2005 11:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that is one mean looking arse end you have there
would love to see a dedicated thread for this topic and the build.
cant wait to see the next installment your building what we can only dream about
dude
Occasional Poster

February 2005
Re: my tubbed KE10 Mon, 05 December 2005 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well guys,i just wanted to let you know that the build up thread was just about ready to start, the roll cage is half finished, the front end is together, and the floors are going in an about 2 weeks time after i finish the cage, ive built a rotisserie so the car can be flipped around to make access easier to the underneath.

I wanted to start this buildup thread in the new forum but since i have been bagged and ridiculed, and the fact that the administrator won't even reply to my pm's to find another solution for me to register without my address, ill be leaving the forum.
thanks for the kind words on my project so far!

cheers...dude
Fayt
Occasional Poster

November 2005
Re: my tubbed KE10 Thu, 08 December 2005 10:59 Go to previous message
hehe thats tough! Wink

here's my ke10, it aint tubbed though Razz

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2448/rolla18qm.jpg
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My new JZX90 Tourer V Mark II