Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 18RG pistons - alternatives, dealers??

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
filthman
Regular

May 2004
18RG pistons - alternatives, dealers?? Thu, 08 December 2005 11:10 Go to next message
I need some oversize pistons for an 18RGU. Does anyone know of anywhere that sells these, or any pistons from other engines that may be oble to be used? I've looked through the ACL catalogue already without much luck.

I would assume that using 18R pistons (flat top) would lower the compression? I've heard rumors of 22RE pistons being used. Does anyone know anything about this in regards to required machining work, etc?

Any help would be appreciated.
  Send a private message to this user    
tricky
Regular

July 2005
Re: 18RG pistons - alternatives, dealers?? Thu, 08 December 2005 12:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What compression are you looking for? If you want stock compression, you'll have to wait a while for some to pop up, or get them custom made. If you have a browse in the for sale section, you'll find some 18RG (9.7:1) OEM items. If this is what you want, act quick, 'cos they're rare. The 18RC and 22RE options are not good.

Alternatively, if you are building a NA beast, toysport in the US sells hi-comp pistons (custom made by Venolia pistons).
CelicaRA45
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: 18RG pistons - alternatives, dealers?? Fri, 09 December 2005 05:48 Go to previous message
special pistons in dandenong use to make the group c celica pistons for the 18rg and they will make any comp piston you will ever need about 1200 with rings but these are forged and about 2 weeks turna round
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Rotating chassis stand - Help please
Next Topic:MS112 Tow Bar? What others are compatible
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 22:35:16 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044560432434082 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.