Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
jbwetzels
Occasional Poster

October 2003
Noisy Brakes Thu, 08 December 2005 20:59 Go to next message
Hi all i have a ST-204 with really noisy breaks

everytime i brake my damn breaks start screaming a schreech, i have changed all pads with no success, it sounds like one of my wheel bearings is on its way out as, i am just curious if one of my bearings needs to be replaced can it make my brakes screech if not anyone got any ideas?
  Send a private message to this user    
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Noisy Brakes Fri, 09 December 2005 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i have heard that if you dont break hard for a while your disks can glaze over and cause it to screech. try breaking hard a few times(make sure noones behind you).

or get the disks machined and it will fix the problem.
jbwetzels
Occasional Poster

October 2003
Re: Noisy Brakes Fri, 09 December 2005 00:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
haha

hmm that might be worth a shot
M.J.H
Forums Junkie

April 2003

Re: Noisy Brakes Fri, 09 December 2005 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What sort of pads you using?
All the rattle clips etc fitted?
4agte
Forums Junkie

September 2004
Re: Noisy Brakes Fri, 09 December 2005 22:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rotors could be warped
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Noisy Brakes Sat, 10 December 2005 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine does the same, i took it to a brake place and they said the brakes were fine, i have been told sometimes it will make noise and it isn't necessarily the pad making noise, something about the assembly can vibrate and create a noise, but i dunno, thats just what someone told me...

it may just be what illuminatus said though, that makes sense to me, i may go brake hard and see if it helps mine, also when does yours do it? as mine only really seem to do it when i am straight, slight turning either way will usually stop the noise...
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Noisy Brakes Mon, 12 December 2005 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
most brake noise is caused by vibrations, which is why there is often anti rattle clips fitted to the pads, often you only get these clips when purchasing genuine pads, never seen them come with aftermarket pads. there is also a few brake pads sprays and gels that you can purchase which you coat the brake pad backings with to reduce this noise.

if the rotors are worn or with grooves or there is a lip on the rotors then this can often cause brake noise also if its bad get the rotors machined, pull them off yourself and you can get both done for around $30 otherwise pull the pads out and chamfer the edges on a grinder and this can often also fix the noise problem.

wheel bearings you will hear whilst driving along or coasting without any operation of the brakes and the noise will vary when turning left and right and shifting the load of the vehicle, wheel bearings are often a growling type noise. If wheel bearings are really worn and there is a lot of play in the bearing assembly this can push the pads back from the rotor whilst driving which could cause them to rattle a little more on initial applying of the brakes but this is commonly noticed more by having to pump the pedal or depress it further then usual before you begin to get a braking effect.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Noisy Brakes Mon, 12 December 2005 12:45 Go to previous message
GIN51E wrote on Mon, 12 December 2005 20:40

wheel bearings you will hear whilst driving along or coasting without any operation of the brakes and the noise will vary when turning left and right and shifting the load of the vehicle, wheel bearings are often a growling type noise. If wheel bearings are really worn and there is a lot of play in the bearing assembly this can push the pads back from the rotor whilst driving which could cause them to rattle a little more on initial applying of the brakes but this is commonly noticed more by having to pump the pedal or depress it further then usual before you begin to get a braking effect.

Dam i somehow feel that with my luck this may be the case with me. Doh. i can also push my back wheel sideways and it doesn't seem to move but there is funny noises
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:ECU question
Next Topic:sard vs greddy typre rs
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 23:12:59 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052909851074219 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.