Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » The Outhouse » Best Christmas Lights Display Ever!!!!!!!!!!!11!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Best Christmas Lights Display Ever!!!!!!!!!!!11!! Mon, 21 November 2005 07:31 Go to next message
http://www.mypartypost.com/watchvideo/1033/Best_Ch ristmas_Lights_Display_Ever Evil or Very Mad
  Send a private message to this user    
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Best Christmas Lights Display Ever!!!!!!!!!!!11!! Mon, 21 November 2005 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats the coolest thing i have ever seen, can't wait to get into my lights Evil or Very Mad
havabeer
Forums Junkie

July 2005
Re: Best Christmas Lights Display Ever!!!!!!!!!!!11!! Mon, 21 November 2005 09:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
we used to be the kings of lights down where we used to live (10,000 population) when we moved (around christmas time) we had to run an add in the paper to tell people not to come around.

now people just go over the top with cardboard cut outs. surprised DJ dazza doesnt get out his strobes and lazer lights and put them on his roof
rthy
Forums Junkie

January 2004
wtf is a jabber? a punch line?
Re: Best Christmas Lights Display Ever!!!!!!!!!!!11!! Mon, 21 November 2005 10:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that rocks! Surprised
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Best Christmas Lights Display Ever!!!!!!!!!!!11!! Tue, 22 November 2005 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is very cool - I wonder how he did it?

My guess would be it was done using the midi interface to switch relays. The music sounds like it is midi. Could run different sets of lights from different instruments/notes.

Seems like a bllody lot of hard work though!
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Best Christmas Lights Display Ever!!!!!!!!!!!11!! Tue, 22 November 2005 22:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that would be the easy way of doing it. but the lights lost sync to the music a few times. this leads me to think that he/she programmed the switchs individually and tried to time it with the music. hard way of doing it. and then if you wanted a change of music it would b a pain in the arse.
Squid
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Best Christmas Lights Display Ever!!!!!!!!!!!11!! Tue, 22 November 2005 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I didn't notice it loose it's timing... but that would be a bloody hard way of doing it!
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Best Christmas Lights Display Ever!!!!!!!!!!!11!! Tue, 22 November 2005 23:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i found this:
Quote:

The research I have done on this shows that it is a hoax. He used a remote control and took individual pictures as he switched the various lights on and off. He then recompiled all of the images and added a sound track to it.

also the music is Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Wizards In Winter.
Dust
Forums Junkie

February 2004
Re: Best Christmas Lights Display Ever!!!!!!!!!!!11!! Tue, 22 November 2005 23:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man I would hate to live near him, the ending was kinda cool.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Best Christmas Lights Display Ever!!!!!!!!!!!11!! Wed, 23 November 2005 09:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Direct link.

http://media.mypartypost.com/ryan/videos/wow/chris tmaslights.wmv
4.2MB

Smile

Cool light show BTW!
Gerald1
Regular

November 2005
Re: Best Christmas Lights Display Ever!!!!!!!!!!!11!! Fri, 25 November 2005 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah, i was thinking it would be much easier to just take photos of the seperate shots and put it to music in a simple video editing program. You can tell its done this way by watching the grass Razz if you download the file and blow it up nice n big and watch the grass, looks a little suss.

but still it looks insane!!! props to who ever had the time to take all photos and put it together.
ZZT231
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

May 2002
Re: Best Christmas Lights Display Ever!!!!!!!!!!!11!! Fri, 25 November 2005 14:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is so Cool... for the neighbors first off it's a novelty, but for 30 days before Christmas... Too much... but that's great... I wonder what's going to be the next extreme for that "Director" (aka House Owner/Designer).

Cheers.
stradlater
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Best Christmas Lights Display Ever!!!!!!!!!!!11!! Wed, 30 November 2005 06:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dudes,... Seroiusly, how could that be real?? Can you imagine LIVING beside the prick to begin with? I'm sure it's nice and all, but the cops would be around there VERY QUICKLY to shut them down with all the noise their making. Plus.. The music sounds highly overlayed. it's not hte original soundtrack out of the camera..

Fake.
Choony_AE86
Forums Junkie

May 2004

Re: Best Christmas Lights Display Ever!!!!!!!!!!!11!! Wed, 30 November 2005 08:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The first 30sec was pretty cool

then i got kind of scared..

that music gets a bit freaky

jackel
Forums Junkie

August 2003

Re: Best Christmas Lights Display Ever!!!!!!!!!!!11!! Wed, 30 November 2005 18:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
that music rocks Very Happy
st184 sillycar
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Best Christmas Lights Display Ever!!!!!!!!!!!11!! Thu, 01 December 2005 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Okay - THAT's NUTs ! You'd need 50 to 60 individual relays and circuits to run that ! ! ! ! SCREW programming that many channels, especially the christmas trees in the R.H.S. - I think there's 16 of 'em ALL WIRED SEPERATELY !

There's a kid in Australia who has actually sequenced the lights on his house to turn on and off with a preselected track. They had him on the news last year or the year before. Frakkin cool !

He used some sequencing program and his own custom made switching box, with mega wiring running to the lights strung all over the house. Mucho Grande' effort.
illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Best Christmas Lights Display Ever!!!!!!!!!!!11!! Fri, 09 December 2005 03:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THIS JUST IN!!!

Quote:

DEERFIELD TWP. - Sheriff's deputies asked the owner who lit up his house with 25,000 Christmas lights synched to music to turn off the display after a traffic accident Tuesday night.

Deerfield Twp. resident Carson Williams agreed to shut down his holiday decorations indefinitely.

Williams told a Cincinnati television station that sheriff's deputies could not reach the traffic accident because of the traffic lined up in his neighborhood.

The display caught attention across the nation on network TV and on the Internet because the lights on the Williams house and filling their yard are synchronized by computer with music broadcast to car radios. There are three songs in the 12-minute display: Frosty the Snowman by the Jackson 5; God Bless the USA by Lee Greenwood and Wizards of Winter by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra.

Williams turned his display on the week of Thanksgiving and motorists have lined up between 6 and 10 p.m. ever since.

For the time being, the only place to view the Williams' display will be online.

"He told us if we start having traffic problems that he would shut the display down for a while," Warren County sheriff's Lt. Ed Petrey said Wednesday morning.

Two cars collided in a minor accident at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday on Simpson Creek Drive, which leads to Winding Creek Court, where the Williams live near Mason in southern Warren County. No one was injured.

Williams is an electrical engineer who said his family spent about $10,000 on the display. He had promised his neighbors they would shut it down if there were problems.

"If I get a single complaint I'll shut it down," Carson had said Monday night.

He could not be reached for comment Wednesday.

http://www.daytondailynews.com/news/content/shared /oh/news/stories/1207deerfieldlightsweb.html
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Best Christmas Lights Display Ever!!!!!!!!!!!11!! Fri, 09 December 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hehehe... i thought it was real but it would have been hard to prove without more evidence.

I found one of the other songs on ebaumsworld and since seeing that i concluded that someone might fake the Wizards of Winter but i highly doubt they'd bother to fake a second one.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/xmaslights.html

[Updated on: Fri, 09 December 2005 08:13]

illuminatus
Forums Junkie

March 2005
Re: Best Christmas Lights Display Ever!!!!!!!!!!!11!! Fri, 09 December 2005 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
THIS ONE IS FUCKING EXCELENT!
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/xmaslights2.html
the lights are timed perfectly!
soarerchic
Regular

January 2005
Re: Best Christmas Lights Display Ever!!!!!!!!!!!11!! Sat, 10 December 2005 13:03 Go to previous message
Fake or not that is very impressive Smile although I'd hate to see his electricity bill!!!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Public Service Announcement
Next Topic:japanese parts
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 14:18:21 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005544900894165 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.