Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Wheels, Tyres, Suspension and Brakes » AE86 coilovers/bigger brakes/camber all in 1 package

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
AE86 coilovers/bigger brakes/camber all in 1 package Sun, 04 December 2005 01:55 Go to next message
Hey Guys,

I have a pair of RA40/RA60? struts with coilover sleeves for sale.
I have used these on my AE86 for about a year and a half.
This setup also has bigger RA40/RA60? disks (which are slotted) and bigger calipars, then the stock Aus spec 86.
The pads are EBC's ($300ish) and have only been used for about 10,000k's.
The springs on the struts at the momment are of unknown rates and have been cut. But i will include replacement springs (not cut) which I was planning to put in but just never got around to it.
These springs are 9.5kg and come with brand new hats.
The shcoks in the struts are GT4 shocks (from wat i was told by the previous owner).
They have standard tops on the struts, but to get the PHAT camber the 86 deserves i am including Sigma control arms (u will need RA40 tie rod ends as well. $10 from the wrecker)
Not only does this give u that much desired camber but u also gain a larger front track.
The sigma arm also has the stock 86 steering knucles still attached as well.
(1 Ball joint needs a new rubber cover as it has a slight crack with a bit of grease coming out)

(The masking tape on the struts,brakes etc is just to remind me which side is which for everything.)

I'm looking for $599 firm.

I'm Located in Melbourne. I can send interstate at buyers expense.
But for any interstate 86's coming to the full lock finals on sunday, i will be there 2.

Cheers.

EDIT*
-You can not run 13inch rims with these brakes as the brakes are to big for 13" rim.
-Disks in the pic look a big rusty, but its just surface colour. It will go back to a nice clean silver once u run them on for a few meters.
-Selling due to new suspention setup.

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=16802
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=16803

Attachment: johnson 064.jpg
(Size: 74.49KB, Downloaded 978 time(s))
Attachment: Coil springs_9.5kgs.jpg
(Size: 71.56KB, Downloaded 967 time(s))

[Updated on: Wed, 07 December 2005 10:12]

Send a private message to this user    
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: AE86 coilovers/bigger brakes/camber all in 1 package Sun, 04 December 2005 02:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sum pics of the height and camber that u can expect from the setup. Smile

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=16804
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=getfile&id=16805

Attachment: coilover height.JPG
(Size: 44.93KB, Downloaded 954 time(s))
Attachment: sigma camber.JPG
(Size: 39.59KB, Downloaded 933 time(s))

ae71 kid
Regular

August 2005
Re: AE86 coilovers/bigger brakes/camber all in 1 package Sun, 04 December 2005 08:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man fat package!
will it go in an ae71?
i just got my 20 valve in!
i cant afford right now but in a week if there not sold.. ill look into it!
cheers tim
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: AE86 coilovers/bigger brakes/camber all in 1 package Mon, 05 December 2005 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As far as i know a AE71 has the same floor plan as a AE86..... So i would assume they would fit fine, but best bet is to make sure via 100% confirmation by those in the know.

I've had a few EOI of interest so far, but no real confirmations.

Still for sale. Smile
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: AE86 coilovers/bigger brakes/camber all in 1 package Mon, 05 December 2005 13:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Just a quick question. $300 bucks for EBC pads? What colour EBCs?
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: AE86 coilovers/bigger brakes/camber all in 1 package Mon, 05 December 2005 22:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
these will fit in a KE70/AE71 no probs...bolt in style.
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: AE86 coilovers/bigger brakes/camber all in 1 package Tue, 06 December 2005 00:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the info steve.

Yian: Possibly "green stuff"?, but i really dont know.
But they were brand new EBC pads when i got them (as the previous owner gave them to me still new in the box, telling me he was going to use them but never bothered to put them in. He also kept mentioning they cost almost $400 alone?).

Either way they have only be used for 10k.

Still for sale. Smile
KE301977
Regular

April 2005

Re: AE86 coilovers/bigger brakes/camber all in 1 package Tue, 06 December 2005 07:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Would these fit in a ke55 corolla ?
Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: AE86 coilovers/bigger brakes/camber all in 1 package Tue, 06 December 2005 21:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
maybe. from memory the tops are different, but it's possible that you could put your strut tops on these, and then, yes, they would bolt in. i'm just not sure about the shaft diameter of the shocks..
Stefan
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 coilovers/bigger brakes/camber all in 1 package Wed, 07 December 2005 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If they are RA60 discs, why aren't they vented?

Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 coilovers/bigger brakes/camber all in 1 package Wed, 07 December 2005 06:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They look like RA40. Maybe early RA60 were the same? I also thought RA60 were vented with different calipers, because I had some RA60 struts once. They are still a good upgrade from AE85.
Jonny2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: AE86 coilovers/bigger brakes/camber all in 1 package Wed, 07 December 2005 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To put these struts in a KE55, you need the matching steering knuckles, or at least steering knuckles from a Celica, XT130 corona or AE86. And also change the strut tops over. Also there are minor issues with large diameter springs in a KE55, nothing a hammer can't fix.
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: AE86 coilovers/bigger brakes/camber all in 1 package Wed, 07 December 2005 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dunno y there not vented, but they are slotted.
I was told they were RA60 struts by the previous owner, either way they fitted in my AE86 and worked great. They also come with AE86 steering knucles.

Cheers.
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: AE86 coilovers/bigger brakes/camber all in 1 package Wed, 07 December 2005 09:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Doing a quick search it seems the (thanks to dba catalog) that the discs would bolt on, but the calipers wouldn't. a custom mount would be needed.

reference:

http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=72028&rid=157&S=5ecc3b22eca42a065cc43457 e997b639&pl_view=&start=0#msg_674372
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&g oto=768078&rid=157&S=5ecc3b22eca42a065cc43 457e997b639

Also according to the DBA catalog all RA60, RA63 and RA65 (Also MA61) were vented.. so perhaps

"This setup also has the bigger RA60 disks (which are slotted) and bigger calipars." isn't quite accurate?

Isn't quite accurate, perhaps RA40? Smile

So it seems that to convert this to vented discs would require a custom caliper bracket to be made up..

Sorry to bore anyone!

Grant.

(P.s. if this is considered irrelevant to the sale I apologize! I'm sure a lot of you would've known this stuff already).
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: AE86 coilovers/bigger brakes/camber all in 1 package Wed, 07 December 2005 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks for the info grant. Its news to me.

All i know is that its deffinately a brake upgrade compared to a stock AE86 aus spec brake setup, as thats what i bought this setup for and used it for.

Steve-AE86
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2003
Re: AE86 coilovers/bigger brakes/camber all in 1 package Wed, 07 December 2005 22:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jonny2TG wrote on Wed, 07 December 2005 17:06

To put these struts in a KE55, you need the matching steering knuckles, or at least steering knuckles from a Celica, XT130 corona or AE86. And also change the strut tops over. Also there are minor issues with large diameter springs in a KE55, nothing a hammer can't fix.

these come with LCA's with the necessary steering knuckles. and these are coilovers, so the spring diameter means nothing...
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: AE86 coilovers/bigger brakes/camber all in 1 package Thu, 08 December 2005 05:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What is the stroke on the coilovers?
Is it shorter than standard AE86??
(when the front is jacked up by the chassis, how far to the wheels drop?)
short stroke?

I may be interested in getting these off you this saturday when i'm in melbourne.
DRFTAE86
Regular

May 2004
Re: AE86 coilovers/bigger brakes/camber all in 1 package Fri, 09 December 2005 11:09 Go to previous message
*SOLD* Very Happy
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:17' AME Copies **$690ono**
Next Topic:Wanted MX73 factory alloys
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 18:56:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.010200023651123 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.