Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
triggboy
Regular

January 2004
4age electrical problem Fri, 09 December 2005 02:32 Go to next message
hi all,
i have a problem with my 4age powered ke10. when i try to turn it on the fuel pump isn't switching on (and therefore the car won't start). there doesn't appear to be power getting to the fuel pump itself, and there also didn't appear to be power getting across the fuse panel...we did manage to get it to start once by shorting across the fuses...i've replaced all the fuses, but im at a loss as to where i should look next? any suggestions would be appreciated Smile
cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
mic*
Regular

July 2005
Re: 4age electrical problem Fri, 09 December 2005 03:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message

If there was blown fuses, its usually for a reason. Maybe your pump motor has fused, or has started to fail, and is sucking too much current, throwing the circuit all the time.

Have you bench tested the pump by itself?

Whats the history of the problem?
triggboy
Regular

January 2004
Re: 4age electrical problem Fri, 09 December 2005 03:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the history is it was working fine monday night, i tried to start it wednesday morning and it wouldn't...the fuses were replaced as a precaution - just ruling out old fuses as a cause...none of them have blown since. there doesn't actually seem to be current making it to the pump, so im reasonably confident the problem isn't with the pump itself.
thanks for your help though Smile
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 4age electrical problem Fri, 09 December 2005 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if it was wired correctly it shoul dhave a circuit opening relay

this is controlled by the ecu

this relay turns on power to the fuel pump

maybe its stuffed
triggboy
Regular

January 2004
Re: 4age electrical problem Fri, 09 December 2005 08:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i will have to investigate this circuit opening relay tomorrow. this is my first adventure into the world of car electronics and i didn't put the car together, so it should be interesting Very Happy
thanks for the advice Smile
shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: 4age electrical problem Fri, 09 December 2005 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh, you dont need a circuit opening relay, you can just switch your pump with a normal relay off the "engine running" signal that usually goes to the opening relay.
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 4age electrical problem Sat, 10 December 2005 06:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well if yr a dodgey cunt u dont need one hehe

if yr car rolls in an accident or similar the fuel will keep running even if the engine stalls

so if u dont want to get sued for doing shonkey work which everyone does

then its up to you

shinybluesteel
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002
Re: 4age electrical problem Sat, 10 December 2005 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i said you can switch the relay off the engine running signal, its not dodgy at all.

only difference with my setup is the fuel pump turns on when the engine turns over, not when the key is turned to start.

i dont do things dodgy, believe me, and this is on my own car. The dodgy way to do it is to switch the pump from ignition, which i agree is very dodgy.

i know you do this stuff for a living, but dont knock something until you have tried it yourself.

peace!
sideshow
Forums Junkie

March 2003
Re: 4age electrical problem Sat, 10 December 2005 06:55 Go to previous message
my bad read yr post wrong

id never knock something till i tried it

just ask my friends wives heheheh
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Soarer Brake Light globes?
Next Topic:Low compression on a high-compression 4AG
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 19:44:08 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043251514434814 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.