Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Rossco
Regular

June 2002

soarer speedo wiring Sat, 10 December 2005 11:48 Go to next message
ive found the 3 wires comming off the box (r154) for the speedo sender, thou they r just zipped tied to the box and no connected to anything, they also dont have a plug on the end, where would i find the connections for speedo on a gz20 soarer. under the center console there is a plug with 3 connections not plugged into anything, any chance that might be it?

ROss
  Send a private message to this user    
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: soarer speedo wiring Sun, 11 December 2005 11:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
try it and find out, i think they should be green, red, and some other colour, it should also be pretty obvious that if these wires in the center console (being where the shifter is???) are right there should be a hole for the wires to get to the gearbox.

there should also be two wires off the box for the revers switch too, this should be a simple open/close switch.

On the lines of the speed sensor, i think it is a type of hall effect sensor or something, so it shouldn't brake anything if your wrong. I wired a 1JZ into a z20 but unfortunately the gearbox was the only thing i didn't get around to wiring, so this is about all the info i can give you, but i say give it a go.

I am also not liable for any damage even though there should be none Razz
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: soarer speedo wiring Mon, 12 December 2005 11:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
PM the witzl

he helped me with mine.

Think there was a purple wire for speed sensor for the dash
Rossco
Regular

June 2002

Re: soarer speedo wiring Mon, 12 December 2005 12:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://obsidian.technolan.com.au/gallery/Cars?page =31

the first pic is the 3 wires comming from the box

the other 2 pics are the plug i found in the centre consol, not sure what they r for, maybe speedo?

car didnt have tems nor was automatic, so shouldnt be for them

ROss
BlackSupra
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: soarer speedo wiring Mon, 12 December 2005 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gearbox wires actually run up next to the charcoal canister, then back in through the grommet on the firewall and plug into the dash loom just under the dash behind the glovebox then run across to the dash from there.

I seriously doubt its any of those plugs in the centre console, they may be an allowance for tems or the auto.

EDIT: in fact that plug is identical to my TEMS switch plug.

[Updated on: Mon, 12 December 2005 12:10]

ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: soarer speedo wiring Mon, 12 December 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmm interesting, it isn't what i saw when i pulled one apart, i think if you don't want to try it and see, you should (and this would be the best way) rip out the dash and see if you can find those wires there. if its the speedo then it will run up to the dash and if it goes to the dash i would think thats all it could be for. The reverse switch wires should really be near there i feel though.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: soarer speedo wiring Mon, 12 December 2005 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BlackSupra wrote on Mon, 12 December 2005 22:08

Gearbox wires actually run up next to the charcoal canister, then back in through the grommet on the firewall and plug into the dash loom just under the dash behind the glovebox then run across to the dash from there.

I seriously doubt its any of those plugs in the centre console, they may be an allowance for tems or the auto.

This is how mine were run although i though maybe it was just because it had a manual conversion done to it they did it this way, but i guess the auto would have done the same.
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: soarer speedo wiring Mon, 12 December 2005 23:15 Go to previous message
It looks similar to the plug for my PWR/NORM button, or the OVERDRIVE button.

Doesn't look like the speedo plug.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:GZE cutting out over 5PSI
Next Topic:Want some cheap neg camber on a MA61 ??????????
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 11:11:02 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041208267211914 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.