Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Flebbert
Regular

August 2004
7M Stroker Kits Mon, 05 December 2005 06:54 Go to next message
Now this is something i am interested in, I have posted a few topics on here in regards to moding the 7mge i have in my supra and talking to my uncle on the weekend he suggested that i should have a look into maybe a stroker kit for the 7m, He is a retired mechanic who has worked on 7m's alot previously and can remember that they respond very well to stroker kits.

I had a look on the net but all i could find was one kit that was offered in the US that says that it increase to 259hp and 247lbs torque, which i thought was quite impressive.

http://www.importperformanceparts.net/imports/stro kerkits_toyota2.html

Wondering if anyone knows of anything offered in australia

regards

thanks again guys, u have always been great help
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 7M Stroker Kits Mon, 05 December 2005 07:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The first thing that springs to mind is...the 7M doesn't like to rev as it is, how much worse will it be with an even longer stroke!?

I would think there are much more power productive ways of spending $2600+.
V8_MA61
Forums Junkie

June 2003

Re: 7M Stroker Kits Mon, 05 December 2005 08:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
justcallmefrank wrote on Mon, 05 December 2005 17:00

The first thing that springs to mind is...the 7M doesn't like to rev as it is, how much worse will it be with an even longer stroke!?

I would think there are much more power productive ways of spending $2600+.

a turbo for starters
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 7M Stroker Kits Mon, 05 December 2005 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh to turbo... Rolling Eyes

but as mentioned above, 7m + stroker = tautology

dont stroke it, just rev it.

port cam exhaust and intake to support powerband from 5500-7000 with redline at 7500 you should make close to 300hp and retain superior drivability

stroking it with make it drive like a tractor
Flebbert
Regular

August 2004
Re: 7M Stroker Kits Mon, 05 December 2005 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but the 7m in there now is very tired with 230km+ on the engine which we think there may be the original head gasket as well, if i drop in a GTE would be an engine with still 100,000km on it and require attention, With a rebuild would mean never have to touch it again for long time unless i do something silly in it.

opinions are appreciated and thats what i asked for
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 7M Stroker Kits Mon, 05 December 2005 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
meh to turbo... Rolling Eyes

but as mentioned above, 7m + stroker = tautology

dont stroke it, just rev it.

port cam exhaust and intake to support powerband from 5500-7000 with redline at 7500 you should make close to 300hp and retain superior drivability

stroking it with make it drive like a tractor
CrUZsida
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

November 2003
Re: 7M Stroker Kits Mon, 05 December 2005 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1UZ > 7M stroker.
Enchanter
Regular

July 2005
Re: 7M Stroker Kits Mon, 05 December 2005 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah Im with ed on this.
My opinion is to do some work on the top end of the engine.
The 7m already acts like a stroked engine so I wouldn't be making it more so.

Allan
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: 7M Stroker Kits Mon, 05 December 2005 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
stroking the 7m requires you find a new home for the oil pump!
dingaling
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: 7M Stroker Kits Mon, 05 December 2005 13:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"The first thing that springs to mind is...the 7M doesn't like to rev as it is, how much worse will it be with an even longer stroke!? "

Compared to a 1jz no, but still impressive that a strocked motor (the 7m) has a redline where it does.
shezza
Regular

March 2005
Re: 7M Stroker Kits Mon, 05 December 2005 13:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was thinking of doing something to mine too but just dont wanna spend the big bucks. Well for now anyway. Maybe 1jz is just the way to go.
Any small cheaper mods anyone knows that can be done to the 7m?

[Updated on: Tue, 06 December 2005 07:43]

Karma Supra
Occasional Poster

August 2005
Re: 7M Stroker Kits Mon, 05 December 2005 14:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I also would not bother with a stroker kit for the 7M..

The engine has a long stroke as it is... if you want to work with a 7M I would personanally rebuild it with forgies, get teh bock and head preppep properly, uprated head/end/main bolts, decent metal headgasket, then go mad with the boost and fueling...

I don't know how much that would cost you, but here in the UK its silly money, so I am simply going to repalce the 7M with a 2JZ, or maybe even a 1UZ.....

I have an inherrant distrust for the 7M anyway... Laughing
quest
Regular

April 2004
Re: 7M Stroker Kits Sun, 11 December 2005 05:16 Go to previous message
The 7 is a very durable long-lasting motor. I'd only freshen the rod bearings. My neighbour bought used 7mgte piston/rings + ct26 + exhaust mani + 440s all dirt cheap, and put them all on his 7mge with a metal head gasket/ARPs and ran standalone/tuned by himself. Totally transformed the car. Held up a long time too.
Later hybrided the ct26 + 550s. Car pulled very hard. 7mgte pistons are extremely rugged (proven in alot of u.s. 550+whp motors).
Easily makes 450 ft-lbs tq at the threads = a hard accelerating street car... for little money spent.
Not one single problem with that setup, other than him smoking a few clutches before getting one to hold. No probs with the w58 either.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Springs from ST165 in a ST162
Next Topic:topping up trolley jack oil
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 01:56:10 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0072290897369385 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.