Godzilladat
Occasional Poster

September 2004
Classic Jap car pics` Fri, 09 December 2005 06:09 Go to next message

Something for everyone (Toyota, datsun, mazda, honda etc);

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=2217963

http://www.jtuned.com/content/templates/mrt.aspx?a rticleid=320&zoneid=3

Enjoy.

Warning: tissues may be required (to clean up the mess).
  Send a private message to this user    
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: Classic Jap car pics` Fri, 09 December 2005 06:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm wat more can i say Cool
river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Classic Jap car pics` Fri, 09 December 2005 06:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

Looks like pics from the Longbeach Classic Toyota Show that was held in October this year.

Some nice cars. Nice to see most of them looked pretty original, but there was the occasional poontanger who had to do something stupid to their car.

Pity they're mostly USA cars. I would of liked to see some real JDM material.

In any event, very nice pics. Very nice cars.

seeyuzz
river
high_card_ace
Regular

April 2005
Re: Classic Jap car pics` Sun, 11 December 2005 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what do you guys think of the plastic headlight protector thingo? i dont think its needed but they got the curvature right...
http://yamb.bl3h.org/images/JCCS2005/DSC00042.JPG
River, do you just not like some of them 'cos they have new engines in them, you cant beat old school looks with new technology.

[Updated on: Sun, 11 December 2005 02:10]

SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Classic Jap car pics` Sun, 11 December 2005 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My bank balance is always put at risk when i look at pics like those. I want a Toyota S800 so badly. They're so cute. and small enough to fit in our single car garage next to the mini. Cool

[Updated on: Sun, 11 December 2005 03:20]

river
Forums Junkie

June 2004
Re: Classic Jap car pics` Sun, 11 December 2005 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

high_card_ace wrote on Sun, 11 December 2005 13:07

River, do you just not like some of them 'cos they have new engines in them, you cant beat old school looks with new technology.

Although I like most of the old classic Jap cars, I regard myself as a 1st generation GT Celica afficiando. I don't really care what you do with your LT (or even ST for that matter) Celica. After all, they're just an LT and, although getting rarer as time goes by, they're nothing too special. I don't care or mind what people do to their LTs.

However, the GT/GTV are a different matter altogether. I'm talking about the JDM GT - not the no-balls USA version. The JDM GT/GTV, outside of Japan, are very rare and for that reason I like to see them left as they were built. I don't mind phat wheels on them or lowered suspension 'cos these are things that are easily replaced with original spec. But when big changes occur that change the car drastically from how it was built, then I don't find it appealing.

I'll be the first to agree with you that new engine technology can push these wonderful old cars along the tar at tremendous velocity. And, I wouldn't hesitate doing such a conversion to an LT. However, when it comes to JDM GT/GTV variants, I like to see them as natural as possible.

Sure there's faster LT Celicas running around, with their 3T-GTE and 1G-GTE engines with Supra gearboxs and custom disc brakes on all wheels etc - but I'm more than content cruising around in an original 18RG carby-version JDM RA25 GT - just the way Mr Toyota made it. Call me old fashioned, but if I owned a classic Spitfire I'd keep that growling old Merlin piston engine and wouldn't think for a minute of putting in a turboprop or whatever else to change it. I guess it all comes down to the (for want of a better word) "romance" of these old classic GT Celicas cars. I like them just how they are - more so when they're so rare.

Now, when Project RA25 restoration is completed early next year I will be looking for another project and making an angry and nasty hi-powered LT would be nice. I then get the best of both worlds.

I hope this clarifies my stance.

seeyuzz
river
Yian
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

August 2004
Re: Classic Jap car pics` Sun, 11 December 2005 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SIMDOG wrote on Sun, 11 December 2005 14:19

My bank balance is always put at risk when i look at pics like those. I want a Toyota S800 so badly. They're so cute. and small enough to fit in our single car garage next to the mini. Cool

Heh heh. Dude, you're a very tall bloke Razz Why are you so fixated on small cars??
SIMDOG
Forums Junkie

May 2003
Re: Classic Jap car pics` Sun, 11 December 2005 08:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yian wrote on Sun, 11 December 2005 16:43

SIMDOG wrote on Sun, 11 December 2005 14:19

Heh heh. Dude, you're a very tall bloke Razz Why are you so fixated on small cars??

hehe i know... but i don't weigh much* and hence i like light cars... but mainly it's the aesthetics i'm attracted to.

It's all about power to weight baby. Razz No seriously. Neutral

* About 2/3 of what my brother weighs who is the same height and 1/3 of what my fat uncle weighs in at.

[Updated on: Sun, 11 December 2005 08:36]

mideon_696
Regular

October 2004
Re: Classic Jap car pics` Sun, 11 December 2005 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what i would do to so many innocent people just to own and original GTR

OMGWTF AWESOME
shovelnose
Regular

June 2003
Re: Classic Jap car pics` Sun, 11 December 2005 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
river wrote on Sun, 11 December 2005 15:13

Hi,

high_card_ace wrote on Sun, 11 December 2005 13:07

Although I like most of the old classic Jap cars, I regard myself as a 1st generation GT Celica afficiando. I don't really care what you do with your LT (or even ST for that matter) Celica. After all, they're just an LT and, although getting rarer as time goes by, they're nothing too special. I don't care or mind what people do to their LTs.

However, the GT/GTV are a different matter altogether. I'm talking about the JDM GT - not the no-balls USA version. The JDM GT/GTV, outside of Japan, are very rare and for that reason I like to see them left as they were built. I don't mind phat wheels on them or lowered suspension 'cos these are things that are easily replaced with original spec. But when big changes occur that change the car drastically from how it was built, then I don't find it appealing.

I'll be the first to agree with you that new engine technology can push these wonderful old cars along the tar at tremendous velocity. And, I wouldn't hesitate doing such a conversion to an LT. However, when it comes to JDM GT/GTV variants, I like to see them as natural as possible.

Sure there's faster LT Celicas running around, with their 3T-GTE and 1G-GTE engines with Supra gearboxs and custom disc brakes on all wheels etc - but I'm more than content cruising around in an original 18RG carby-version JDM RA25 GT - just the way Mr Toyota made it. Call me old fashioned, but if I owned a classic Spitfire I'd keep that growling old Merlin piston engine and wouldn't think for a minute of putting in a turboprop or whatever else to change it. I guess it all comes down to the (for want of a better word) "romance" of these old classic GT Celicas cars. I like them just how they are - more so when they're so rare.

Now, when Project RA25 restoration is completed early next year I will be looking for another project and making an angry and nasty hi-powered LT would be nice. I then get the best of both worlds.

I hope this clarifies my stance.

seeyuzz
river

TOTALLY agree with River
rsdeo
Regular

January 2004
Re: Classic Jap car pics` Sun, 11 December 2005 19:57 Go to previous message
Beautiful.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Legalities towards aftermarket ignition computers?
Next Topic:M5 orange Excel
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 03:39:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0046038627624512 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.