Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
WSID - pit crew Mon, 12 December 2005 01:02 Go to next message
Hey, Ive got a few mates dragging this wednesday and so im going to take my car as a pit car hold all the shit we take out their cars, my question is how much does it cost to get in as pit crew? or is it better/cheaper just to go in as spectator?

Thats all for now.

cheers
chris
  Send a private message to this user    
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WSID - pit crew Mon, 12 December 2005 03:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The only difference between being a "pit/spares car" and a normal spectator is that you can park your car inside the gates of the track amongst the other pit and race cars. The price for you to get in is the same either way.

Just do the spares car thing as it's safer than leaving your car out in the general car park.
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: WSID - pit crew Mon, 12 December 2005 03:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ooh so theres no difference in price, have you done this before?
another thing do i go in with the cars that are entering or just through spectator gate?
and whats a good time to get there for sign up?

cheers
chris
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WSID - pit crew Mon, 12 December 2005 03:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

ooh so theres no difference in price, have you done this before?

Yep, I take my car there for runs and always have a mates car come in to hold all my belongings.

Quote:

another thing do i go in with the cars that are entering or just through spectator gate?

You just line up in the entrants line behind your mate who is entering. The rule is one support car per entrant car. When he gets to the gate to pay he just tells the ticket person that your car is his support car, then when you get to the window they will just get you to pay the spectator fee.

Quote:

and whats a good time to get there for sign up?

The gates open about 5pm, because I come up from Canberra I usually get there about 4:30pm to line up.

Also when your mate who is racing fills out his entry form get him to put you down as a pit crew member (I think it's two or three people you can have listed as pit crew). Then you will get a different coloured arm band and will be able to get right up close to the start line and therefor can get better photos and footage of your mates car.

The WSID website has pretty good info on all this.
Jorrs
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: WSID - pit crew Mon, 12 December 2005 04:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
out of interest wat car do u use to make runs ? Smile
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: WSID - pit crew Mon, 12 December 2005 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

out of interest wat car do u use to make runs ?

Just my corolla, I drive up from Canberra about lunch time, do some runs and then drive home. About ~600km of driving all up so I don't do it too often as it requires a day off work and usually makes you tired the next day due to getting home so late.
CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: WSID - pit crew Mon, 12 December 2005 06:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ke382TG: thanks for that info Very Happy

If i was running i would take my ae92 gze, unless i got conversion done my rona.
only toyota thats in my group is a sw20 with gte conversion, other cars are turbo piaza, s/c lancer, n/a 89? magna, sw20, thats all i can remember.

Anyone else going this wednesday?

cheers
chris
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: WSID - pit crew Mon, 12 December 2005 07:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
are we talking a "test and tune" or an actual event??? if you mates are just going to a standard thing run every week, it may be different where you are going but at willowbank all the gates are removed and your practically free to drive anywhere, weather your spectating or racing, the only difference is cost for racing and spectating. I hope this has made sense because the way your talking it seems to me that this is just a "test and tune night"...
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: WSID - pit crew Mon, 12 December 2005 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry i didn't totally read this, this seems very different to what happens up in QLD, although

ke382TG wrote on Mon, 12 December 2005 13:53

Then you will get a different coloured arm band and will be able to get right up close to the start line and therefor can get better photos and footage of your mates car.

makes sense as i don't think you are able to do this at willowbank unless you say your "Pit Crew".

If you are "pit crew" and line up behind the other "dragging cars" do you then have to drive down to the finish line as well beside the track???

If WSID is anything like Willowbank then this seems alot of effort for very little achievement, but thats just what i think i hope it works out for you.

CoronaC
Regular

June 2004
Re: WSID - pit crew Mon, 12 December 2005 07:30 Go to previous message
I'm talking about the weekly drags, where people can come drag their street cars, none of us have a car fast enough (yet Evil or Very Mad ) to compete im comps.
Im just asking cause ive never been dragging before or been pitcrew have only been spectator. didnt even know aobut that armband part, will ahve to tell mate about it Very Happy

cheers
chris
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Beams 3sge half cut?
Next Topic:Toymods poster
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 20:10:53 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0044589042663574 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.