Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Body kit design program.

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GMSkitz
Regular

November 2005
icon4.gif  Body kit design program. Mon, 12 December 2005 11:29 Go to next message
I'm trying to design a body kit for my car, however i am not a good artist, and taking pictures and putting them into photoshop to edit doesn't work so well. So what i need is a professional design program, like the panel beaters and such use. Can anyone tell me the name of one or were to get it?
  Send a private message to this user    
Julz01
Regular

December 2004
Re: Body kit design program. Mon, 12 December 2005 11:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I dont think that there is going to be a program like your going to be stuck learning photoshop
RA28GT
Regular

November 2003
Re: Body kit design program. Mon, 12 December 2005 12:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pencil + paper................ Done.

Unless you want to learn how to use a 3D modelling program. and what panel beaters use some sort of design program anyway?
Hi-Ace
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

January 2005

Re: Body kit design program. Mon, 12 December 2005 20:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
RA28GT wrote on Mon, 12 December 2005 23:12

pencil + paper................ Done.

Unless you want to learn how to use a 3D modelling program. and what panel beaters use some sort of design program anyway?

I would have to agree with RA28GT. pencil & paper, even the car manufacturers use this to start their designs.
But if you want a little tip for this one, use a photo of your car with tracing paper over the top of it then sketch what you want. Then it can be scanned into a photochop program to color it and attached to your car.
GMSkitz
Regular

November 2005
Re: Body kit design program. Mon, 12 December 2005 20:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok cheers fellas, i thought that they used programs for design... but you know what thought did...
spirokeet
Regular

July 2004
Re: Body kit design program. Mon, 12 December 2005 23:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
After you've sketched it as was suggested you'd be best off using Adobe Illustrator than Photoshop to get a nice digital image.
It's not too hard to learn to use, there's HEAPS of online tutorials Smile
azmodai
Occasional Poster

May 2004

Re: Body kit design program. Mon, 12 December 2005 23:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most industrial design is done using CAD (computer assisted drawing), with products such as autodesks TurboCAD or AutoCAD. If you create the design in one of these programs, a manufacturer can take those designs and send them straight into fabrication.

If you've used a 3d modelling package before (most notably 3d studio max) you'll find autodesks CAD packages really very easy to use.

Here is a link to autocad from Autodesks website
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/index?siteID= 123112&id=2704278

You can download a free trial version if you're just trying to get this done once.

Good luck Smile
GMSkitz
Regular

November 2005
Re: Body kit design program. Tue, 13 December 2005 03:41 Go to previous message
cheers im gonna give that program a try... hopefully i can get somewhere with it.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:GT FOUR ST165. Aftermarket or Original
Next Topic:Lock up your Missus!
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 13:44:52 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0043408870697021 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.