Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  EOI 18RG Fri, 09 December 2005 02:21 Go to next message
Gday all,
Im looking at starting my 3SGTE conversion soon and am now ready to part with my 18RG... for the right money. Motor will come with extractors, carbs, electronic ignition, but no clutch, box or alternator.

Features are:
Pacemaker extractors
Ramflo 600cfm filters*2
balanced bottom end, all new rod and crank bolts, new keyways, new bearings and rings, re-surfaced rear of crank where rear mainseal sits, new timing chains and sprockets... Including the last pair in the country of new genuine toyota cam sprockets!! (paid $235 plus postage 12000 km ago) 88230 head, cams and 9.7:1 pistons. Early 40mm mikuni carbs(not the problematic later unleaded 18RGU ones), precision springs double row valve springs, valves have been shimmed and are all within spec. Head has had 60thou taken off... no valve clearance problems.

Looking for offers, but will keep it if i dont get offered enough.

If you want any pics etc, email me at o_man_ra23@yahoo.com.au

Cheers, Owen
  Send a private message to this user    
o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: EOI 18RG Fri, 09 December 2005 21:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ive been asked for a ball park figure...
Well over a grand will get me interested because of all the time and money been spent on building this engine. I also have a couple of spare heads and other parts if the purchaser wants them too.

Cheers, Owen
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: EOI 18RG Sun, 11 December 2005 10:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
give me a full list of bits that will come with it

why dont u get an alternator with it
o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: EOI 18RG Sun, 11 December 2005 14:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alternator is
a) suspected farked
b) 7 months old and will be needed to run the temporary 18RC
c) internally regulated, and the car has been adapted to suit... and i dont wanna adapt back.
If it is good, i want an extra $200 just for the alternator as it cost $235 just 7 months ago

Parts that come with it... long motor, alternator bracketing, fan belt, pacemaker extractors, mikuni 40mm carbs, ramflo 600cfm air cleaners with cages etc *2, flywheel, coil and ignitor for the electronic ignition.

Other parts in my shed... 253 head, mild ported, decked, bead blasted, bare... 230 head, incomplete, some pitting, timing cover, been cracked and re-welded, does not seal properly, needs re- cracking and re- welding... 2* exhaust cams, a box of dizzys, and many other assorted parts, including some main bearing caps, valves, springs, buckets etc.

Cheers, Owen
o_man_ra23
Regular

June 2003
icon10.gif  Re: EOI 18RG Mon, 12 December 2005 21:54 Go to previous message
a number of people have shown interest... but nobody has put an offer forward. If you look at the first post, im taking offers. If i get a few offers then i will be able to guage whether or not it will be worth my worry selling it, or if ill just keep it.

Cheers, Owen
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:FS: T-18 Drum to drum Diff $250
Next Topic:EOI: W gearbox series to S series bellhousing + W55
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 19:04:46 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0042369365692139 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.