Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Members Rides » My long waited ST162SX Celica ***Pics UP*** my RED-53T =P

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

icon10.gif  My long waited ST162SX Celica ***Pics UP*** my RED-53T =P Mon, 05 December 2005 21:46 Go to next message
Hi Boys!!

Today, i'm picking my girl up. Its been nearly a year since my first ST162 the Whitelightning... DED-53T

Specs
Toyota Celica ST162SX 1988
5spd Manual
Gearbox from ST182
Engine is a Gen2 3SGE from a Jap import ST182 with Gen2 Manifold and factory extractors
ECU from a ST182
17" Rims

Features
Sunroof
Whitelightning seats
Electric Mirrors and windows
new kenwood speakers (Replacing the old stock ones)

just some pics of what i'm getting myself into this time

http://users.tpg.com.au/adslm8w0/car.jpg

http://users.tpg.com.au/adslm8w0/pic3.jpg

http://users.tpg.com.au/adslm8w0/int.jpg

http://users.tpg.com.au/adslm8w0/seats1.jpg

Very Happy

[Updated on: Tue, 06 December 2005 12:43]

Send a private message to this user    
Aust162
Regular

April 2004
Re: My long waited ST162SX Celica Tue, 06 December 2005 07:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats one of Karl's (warrior) car's,isnt it?

Look how clean the engine bay is!it has to be his Surprised
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: My long waited ST162SX Celica Tue, 06 December 2005 10:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aust162 wrote on Tue, 06 December 2005 18:27

Thats one of Karl's (warrior) car's,isnt it?

Look how clean the engine bay is!it has to be his Surprised

Bingo! it is, and i loveeeeee it!

ill post more pics later on! just enjoying it atm hehe Evil or Very Mad

Brb

[Updated on: Tue, 06 December 2005 11:40]

Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: My long waited ST162SX Celica ***Pics UP*** my RED-53T =P Tue, 06 December 2005 11:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Buying another one off karll... Good stufff... Smile Good luck with it... Smile
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: My long waited ST162SX Celica Tue, 06 December 2005 11:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And this is indeed a master piece from Karl, i'm so glad and proud to be the owner of this car. i'll now update the specs
GMSkitz
Regular

November 2005
Re: My long waited ST162SX Celica Tue, 06 December 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
who's karl???
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: My long waited ST162SX Celica Tue, 06 December 2005 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GMSkitz wrote on Tue, 06 December 2005 23:03

who's karl???

Warrior from the forums
warrior
Forums Junkie

March 2004
Re: My long waited ST162SX Celica Tue, 06 December 2005 12:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message

who's karl???

that me !

man i was heart broken when it drove away Crying or Very Sad

but its gone to a good home, and I hope it treats u well mate, all the best

Karl
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: My long waited ST162SX Celica Tue, 06 December 2005 12:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
warrior wrote on Tue, 06 December 2005 23:46

who's karl???

that me !

man i was heart broken when it drove away Crying or Very Sad

but its gone to a good home, and I hope it treats u well mate, all the best

Karl

Karl bro i know how you feel, i felt the same with my whitelightning. But this car has just bought all my happiness back from driving the whitelightning, its actaully so much more smoother too.

I'll def take care of her. Tmr she gets the air con treatment Smile i'll be good to her bro!

and i thank you for all of your help, i cant describe how happy i'm. I just drove for 30 or so min, the car just dont like stopping Smiley = neither do i.
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: My long waited ST162SX Celica Wed, 07 December 2005 03:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7/12/2005

Today i tried to get the Air con regased, but did not have much luck at all. The bloke told me that there is a big leak in the system, and i'll have to book another time to get it done after i can sort out the leak problem. So anyone know where i can get this leak checked out?? Sad

cheers,
Chopin

[Updated on: Wed, 07 December 2005 04:11]

matt86sx
Regular

April 2004

Re: My long waited ST162SX Celica ***Pics UP*** my RED-53T =P Wed, 07 December 2005 06:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Chopin,

Nice pick up there mate, seems Karl is becoming the Toymods ST162 dealer! Didn't even realise he was going to sell it (although he tells me he didn't either!) but I'm sure it has gone to a good home. Look after it now won't you, and welcome back to the 4th gen family.

Now promise us that you won't ever get distracted by Skylines again....... Laughing

Matt

PS - The aircon place shuld be able to sort the leak out for you, sounds like they are just being lazy to me. Did the system ever have UV dye added to the gas in the past? (If so, there should be a sticker somewhere under the bonnet saying so.) If so, they should be able to pick the leak up with a UV light and rectify it - that's the whole purpose of the dye.

[Updated on: Wed, 07 December 2005 06:50]

alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: My long waited ST162SX Celica ***Pics UP*** my RED-53T =P Wed, 07 December 2005 06:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
matt86sx wrote on Wed, 07 December 2005 17:47

Hey Chopin,

Nice pick up there mate, seems Karl is becoming the Toymods ST162 dealer! Didn't even realise he was going to sell it (although he tells me he didn't either!) but I'm sure it has gone to a good home. Look after it now won't you, and welcome back to the 4th gen family.

Now promise us that you won't ever get distracted by Skylines again....... Laughing

Matt

Hey Matt, i swear i'll do what i must to look after it, this is what i wanted from the beginning Smiley =. a stock looking white lightning... although its red, but its a colour that i like =D.

Karl's a champion mate, and i'm glad to have bought it. But im sure karl's got something else up his sleeves Evil or Very Mad \

PS and skyline is long gone ... due to RB20DET meaning i can never get insurance lol

[Updated on: Wed, 07 December 2005 12:29]

BTPEnterprises
Newcomer

October 2003
Re: My long waited ST162SX Celica ***Pics UP*** my RED-53T =P Wed, 07 December 2005 23:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What car are the seats from? I want them Smile
Simon
Forums Junkie

December 2003

Re: My long waited ST162SX Celica ***Pics UP*** my RED-53T =P Thu, 08 December 2005 00:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alliance_22 wrote on Tue, 06 December 2005 08:46

Features
Sunroof
Whitelightning seats
Electric Mirrors and windows
new kenwood speakers (Replacing the old stock ones)

Looks like they are Whitelightning seats.

[Updated on: Thu, 08 December 2005 00:38]

djcougar
Forums Junkie

October 2004
Re: My long waited ST162SX Celica ***Pics UP*** my RED-53T =P Thu, 08 December 2005 01:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i've already said it choppin, but congrats on the buy. you will not be disapointed in this buy.

your going to have a ball! Laughing
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: My long waited ST162SX Celica ***Pics UP*** my RED-53T =P Thu, 08 December 2005 01:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The seats are from the WhiteLightning ST162. They are fairly rare cause not a lot of Whitelightnings were made, but you can get them from wreckers from time to time

They look the same as the ones in the GT4s. The only difference being that the GT4 ST165 ones are leather.

Cheers,
Chopin
BTPEnterprises
Newcomer

October 2003
Re: My long waited ST162SX Celica ***Pics UP*** my RED-53T =P Thu, 08 December 2005 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Those seats are nice!
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: My long waited ST162SX Celica ***Pics UP*** my RED-53T =P Thu, 08 December 2005 23:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shocked

I'm shocked to see how fuel efficient it is, currently at 1/2 a tank on 304km.

Getting Air con done this weekend
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: My long waited ST162SX Celica ***Pics UP*** my RED-53T =P Fri, 09 December 2005 14:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Seats cover added on today, i dont want to rip the perfect condition White-Lightning Seats. It looks HEAPS better without the covers though.... Rolling Eyes

Pics up tomorrow
TRD-ST162
Forums Junkie

October 2003
Re: My long waited ST162SX Celica ***Pics UP*** my RED-53T =P Sat, 10 December 2005 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
alliance_22 wrote on Thu, 08 December 2005 12:45

The seats are from the WhiteLightning ST162. They are fairly rare cause not a lot of Whitelightnings were made, but you can get them from wreckers from time to time

They look the same as the ones in the GT4s. The only difference being that the GT4 ST165 ones are leather.

Cheers,
Chopin

Just thought i might mention, these seats were a factory item as well.. I was lucky enough to get them on my previous car (even for a 86 model).
Awesome car by the way,
Good luck with this, saw ur old posts and u had some bad luck so i wish this will go better for u without a doubt..

I'll have my new "RIDE" in this section too ahhaha,

Enjoy!!!
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: My long waited ST162SX Celica ***Pics UP*** my RED-53T =P Sun, 11 December 2005 02:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TRD-ST162 wrote on Sun, 11 December 2005 01:14

Just thought i might mention, these seats were a factory item as well.. I was lucky enough to get them on my previous car (even for a 86 model).
Awesome car by the way,
Good luck with this, saw ur old posts and u had some bad luck so i wish this will go better for u without a doubt..

I'll have my new "RIDE" in this section too ahhaha,

Enjoy!!!

Thanks buddy, i did have bad exp with the 162 before, but this one is just darn amazing... the only big problem right now is that i spend too much time driving it Razz

Update:

Problem: Unstable Idle
Solution: Cleaned the idle switch and various part of the intake system. It now runs all good at 900rpm...

Problem: Aircon have leaks.
Solution: Will be taken to a aircon guy in bankstown on monday

Very Happy Loving this car, so far everything apart from the air con works 110%

Cant wait for the next cruize
Rabsy86
Regular

October 2004
Re: My long waited ST162SX Celica ***Pics UP*** my RED-53T =P Mon, 12 December 2005 11:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats awsome chopin... You gonna come passed my house take me for a spin... Ill be ur passenger on criusers... Got no license Crying or Very Sad
alliance_22
Forums Junkie

October 2004

Re: My long waited ST162SX Celica ***Pics UP*** my RED-53T =P Mon, 12 December 2005 23:04 Go to previous message
Rabsy86 wrote on Mon, 12 December 2005 22:01

Thats awsome chopin... You gonna come passed my house take me for a spin... Ill be ur passenger on criusers... Got no license Crying or Very Sad

?? What happened bro? Shocked and you can ride wif me anytime mate.. but how'd you loose the license?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:[AE86] AEXX Project (Deep Dish)
Next Topic:Smokey228's RA23 Celica
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 08:39:14 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.00490403175354 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.