Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
16OTU
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Personal best in the 10,s Thu, 23 June 2005 08:28 Go to next message
Went to willowbank last night and run a new pb.
10.7@132mph street trim.
Then got told not to do it again till i get a cage.
Ron
  Send a private message to this user    
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Thu, 23 June 2005 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nice work.

Got some car engine info for us?
Corona RT142
Forums Junkie

November 2003
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Thu, 23 June 2005 23:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gemini in his avatar running a 1ggte
lyle-act
Regular

June 2004
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Fri, 24 June 2005 03:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you run that much hp with out a rollcage? man your crazy.

thats a god damn fast time Shocked
16OTU
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Fri, 24 June 2005 08:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah as already said its a TG gemini with a 1GGTE, T04r, supra box and custom gem diff.
Full street trim, no nos, no slicks, no c16.
Ron
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Fri, 24 June 2005 23:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is an awesome time mate! What was the 60ft? What tyres do you use? Did you swap to the r154? Engine internals done or not? How much boost?

The only 1g that I can think of that is faster than that is the celica from melbourne and that was tubbed and on slicks from what I could see.

Good work Smile
Chris
16OTU
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Sat, 25 June 2005 00:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Sat, 25 June 2005 09:48

That is an awesome time mate! What was the 60ft? What tyres do you use? Did you swap to the r154? Engine internals done or not? How much boost?

The only 1g that I can think of that is faster than that is the celica from melbourne and that was tubbed and on slicks from what I could see.

Good work Smile
Chris

Thanks Chris, it was a 1.6 something (don't have the time card infront of me. tyres are Toyo RA1's and no its still a w57 box. The engine is stock with some forgies thrown in and runs 27psi.
Pump fuel, no nos, no slicks.
Ron
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Sat, 25 June 2005 00:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pump fuel with no toluene mix or anything? That is some big boost to run on pump if so!
16OTU
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Sat, 25 June 2005 00:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Sat, 25 June 2005 10:23

pump fuel with no toluene mix or anything? That is some big boost to run on pump if so!

Nothing but Optimax and its tuned for the boost.
Now thinking of getting a cage, slicks and retune for toluene mix or c16 to see how fast it really wil go.
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Sat, 25 June 2005 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And a chute Smile

Go for 9's champ!
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Sat, 25 June 2005 01:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does your car fit into a sport compact class? If so, which one?
peeack
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

September 2004
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Sat, 25 June 2005 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's awesome man! Well done Very Happy
16OTU
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Sat, 25 June 2005 09:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Chris Davey wrote on Sat, 25 June 2005 11:14

Does your car fit into a sport compact class? If so, which one?

I don't know enough about the differant classes but don't think it would be to hard to find out.

Thanks to everyone for your responses.
Ron
Mr DOHC
Forums Junkie

October 2002

Re: Personal best in the 10,s Sun, 26 June 2005 03:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
search for gemini on ebay, theres a guy selling a powerful gemini motor with a yellow tappet cover, { i know thats completely off topic} BUT, he also says he a has a cage for a gemini for sale, u should contact him
16OTU
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Sun, 26 June 2005 09:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mr DOHC wrote on Sun, 26 June 2005 13:27

search for gemini on ebay, theres a guy selling a powerful gemini motor with a yellow tappet cover, { i know thats completely off topic} BUT, he also says he a has a cage for a gemini for sale, u should contact him

Thanks I will have a look.
ke382TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Mon, 27 June 2005 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Manual, no slicks and pump fuel! I am very impressed, that's a big effort.

Let us know when you go quicker Shocked
1JZ.747
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Wed, 29 June 2005 01:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
on one of my holidays to brisvegas, i was out with some of my mates who are locals up there and i seen you race a black jza80 with a big single and you whipped it though got done by cops who were sitting on the side of the road.

your car is an awesome thing.

are you going to attend jambo this year, it would be good to meet up and have a chat.

shane.
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: Personal best in the 10,s Wed, 29 June 2005 02:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well done mate, i remember seeing you run at the jambaree a few years back. nice work and keep us informed Smile

you got a website or anything with car details?
16OTU
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Wed, 29 June 2005 10:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
1JZ.747 wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 11:42

on one of my holidays to brisvegas, i was out with some of my mates who are locals up there and i seen you race a black jza80 with a big single and you whipped it though got done by cops who were sitting on the side of the road.

your car is an awesome thing.

are you going to attend jambo this year, it would be good to meet up and have a chat.

shane.

Now thats going back a few years, yes I got done for 160 and ended up getting disqualifed for 3 months. Had under 300rwhp back then and had only run 11.8@121.
Ron
16OTU
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Wed, 29 June 2005 10:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dcving wrote on Wed, 29 June 2005 12:16

well done mate, i remember seeing you run at the jambaree a few years back. nice work and keep us informed Smile

you got a website or anything with car details?

Yes I hope to at Jambo again this year, Missed out last year. Just means I have to get a cage before then or go to willowbank.
No I don't have a web site but it will be in Dragster mag from last Wednesday night the 22/6 and HPI mag soon.
Ron

[Updated on: Fri, 01 July 2005 18:07]

suprra_girl
Occasional Poster

August 2004
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Sat, 02 July 2005 08:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wow that's damnnnnnn awesome

got any dyno sheets uploaded or anything we can see?
or what is the current power output
what else have you done to the engine?

any ideas what the gemini weighs?

awesome run Wink

EDIT: oopsie, didn't see ur sig lol... but could you add ur mods and stuff Very Happy

[Updated on: Sat, 02 July 2005 09:12]

16OTU
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Sat, 02 July 2005 21:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
suprra_girl wrote on Sat, 02 July 2005 18:44

wow that's damnnnnnn awesome

got any dyno sheets uploaded or anything we can see?
or what is the current power output
what else have you done to the engine?

any ideas what the gemini weighs?

awesome run Wink

EDIT: oopsie, didn't see ur sig lol... but could you add ur mods and stuff Very Happy

Thanks, Stock 1ggte with wisco forgies, custom everything bolt on. Single T04r on 27psi, pump fuel no additives. Haltech e6k.

Gemini's are 950kg stock but mine would be around 1050 to 1100kg.
Ron
cat007
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Sun, 03 July 2005 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOW - totally awesome stuff!
I've got a 1G myself with an Audi K26 turbo - best dyno to date was 250rwhp on 9psi and i'm currently in the process of doing a basic rebuild of it.
I was worried the stock internals wouldn't be up to much more than 200rwkw - I guess I was wrong.....

Great stuff!!
What kind of manifold have you got?
What size injectors?
What kind of fuel pump?
Aftermarket plenum?

Cheers
Hunt
16OTU
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Sun, 03 July 2005 07:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cat007 wrote on Sun, 03 July 2005 17:46

WOW - totally awesome stuff!
I've got a 1G myself with an Audi K26 turbo - best dyno to date was 250rwhp on 9psi and i'm currently in the process of doing a basic rebuild of it.
I was worried the stock internals wouldn't be up to much more than 200rwkw - I guess I was wrong.....

Great stuff!!
What kind of manifold have you got?
What size injectors?
What kind of fuel pump?
Aftermarket plenum?

Cheers
Hunt

Thanks, Custom plenum, steam pipe manfold, 550cc bosch injectors and a bosch 044 (I think)pressure pump.
Ron
audi man
Occasional Poster

June 2004
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Sun, 03 July 2005 09:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Now is the w58 gearbox you are running a stock box, i have got a mk3 supra that is running over 350rwkws, and is breaking auto one after another, so far 11 trannys in the last year, i have got a w58 but think it will not last so never put it in untill i have seen you do a 10sec run with one.
16OTU
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Mon, 04 July 2005 09:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audi man wrote on Sun, 03 July 2005 19:17

Now is the w58 gearbox you are running a stock box, i have got a mk3 supra that is running over 350rwkws, and is breaking auto one after another, so far 11 trannys in the last year, i have got a w58 but think it will not last so never put it in untill i have seen you do a 10sec run with one.

I think mine is W57 in fact and I only have 410rwhp. I have broken 4 in a bit over 3 years but the last 2 were bearings. I also don't run a button clutch, just a standard plate with high clamp pressure.
cat007
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Tue, 05 July 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What kind of wastegate are you running?
Have you got any pics of your manifold?
Is it a stock "out of the box" T04r?
Have you got any pics of your plenum, who made it and how much did it cost?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm VERY interesting in what you've done Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers
Hunt
16OTU
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Tue, 05 July 2005 07:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cat007 wrote on Tue, 05 July 2005 17:09

What kind of wastegate are you running?
Have you got any pics of your manifold?
Is it a stock "out of the box" T04r?
Have you got any pics of your plenum, who made it and how much did it cost?

Sorry for all the questions but I'm VERY interesting in what you've done Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Cheers
Hunt

45mm Turbosmart pro gate controlled by the haltech.
No I don't realy but there has been a pic in zoom of the engine bay from jambo 03 and I think there is a few on a couple of gemini fourms.
The turbo was stock making 350rwhp on 23psi but has now been reco with a slightly big compressor wheel and now runs 27psi to get 410rwhp.
Ron
cat007
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Wed, 06 July 2005 01:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The thermostat housing and coil packs - they seem to be off a 1G-GZE and the cam covers seem to be off a 1G-GE - is that right?
If so why?
16OTU
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Wed, 06 July 2005 06:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cat007 wrote on Wed, 06 July 2005 11:36

The thermostat housing and coil packs - they seem to be off a 1G-GZE and the cam covers seem to be off a 1G-GE - is that right?
If so why?

Just for fitment and looks.
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Thu, 07 July 2005 09:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
man i am very impressed. 27psi fark....

But now the question goes. I am currently putting a 1g-gte and a w55 in my soarer z10. it weighs about 1100kgs. how do you think the two cars would weigh up? i thought maybe i was going a bit low key and should have put in something bigger, but i am impressed at your efforts man.

And just to clarify i know you would whip me but physical comparison, like weight and things, would the two cars be about the same?
ndgcpr
Forums Junkie

April 2005
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Thu, 07 July 2005 09:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry didn't read the thread properly. we would have around the same weight. well thats awsome...
rob_RA40
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Thu, 07 July 2005 23:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
your GZ10 will be about 1200-1300kg after its all said and done
YelloRolla
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Fri, 08 July 2005 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
10's in street trim is outstanding effort.

Congratulations, please (as pointed out earlier) keep us informed of your progress.
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Personal best in the 10,s Fri, 08 July 2005 23:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
16OTU wrote on Tue, 05 July 2005 17:25

The turbo was stock making 350rwhp on 23psi but has now been reco with a slightly big compressor wheel and now runs 27psi to get 410rwhp.
Ron

man that is an awesome effort, very impressed Wink

damn i got to get my 1g tuned, it made 344hp at 23psi as well, im not sure how i would go with more boost tho as my motor is still stock, also got to buy me some good tires and get some times on the strip Smile
16OTU
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Sat, 09 July 2005 02:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I went to 27psi when i got the forgies. On the stock bottom ends I only run 23psi to be safe and made 350rwhp. If you want it to last i wouldn't push more boost but think your right on the money. Let us know what times you get.
Ron
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Sun, 10 July 2005 00:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
audi man wrote on Sun, 03 July 2005 19:17

sorry OT but are those autos stock? no shift kits or anything? Are you running 1g/7m or 1j?
cat007
Newcomer

July 2005
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Tue, 06 December 2005 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey 16OTU, how much did the set of forgies cost you? Did you have anything done to the bottom end? What kind of bearings are you using?
16OTU
Occasional Poster

May 2005
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Tue, 06 December 2005 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cat007 wrote on Tue, 06 December 2005 10:08

Hey 16OTU, how much did the set of forgies cost you? Did you have anything done to the bottom end? What kind of bearings are you using?

I got them at mates rates but $950 and nothing as they are stock and 2nd hand from a engine i had laying around. I am currently getting the head full flowed with larger valves and then I will look at doing a bottom end. The head work, manfold and turbo exhaust wheel should make it see 500hp.
Ron
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Personal best in the 10,s Mon, 12 December 2005 23:53 Go to previous message
Hey Ron,
a guy on BC.com was talking about a 275rwkw LT celica and said you know the car. Do you have any info? Sounds like a beast Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:This section is not for illegal street behaviour
Next Topic:Your Track Weapon?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 13:23:40 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067768096923828 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.