Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Classifieds » Cars For Sale & Wanted » Riceburna's red 73 Celica SOLD!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Riceburna's red 73 Celica SOLD!!! Sat, 26 November 2005 10:38 Go to next message
Hey all due to a change of circumstances Im going to have to sell the red celica I did up.To be honest I probably wont get the best price on toymods but would really like to get a "market appraisal" from you guys so I may possibly know what to ask for when i advertise it in the paper etc.

The specs ar as follows.

73 LT Celica
11 months rego
Worked 2T with extractors webber and zorst
Monotorque head gasket kit put in
Tripple core radiator
Lowered with Pedders springs and shocks
Previously recod gearbox
Completly resprayed and all rust cut out(not welded but used fiberglass wherever i had to)
No door locks(remote central locking)
Straight bumpers
New headlights
ST grill
Excellent chrome trim
Fresh tyres
IMMAC interior(original black)
New carpet
All gauge lights have new globes
KMH speedo
Sports steering wheel
Clarion headeck with JVC speakers in the front doors
Rear window rollers replaced with rollers from bunnings

What I have planned before I sell.

New steering box(has freeplay turning right but not as much turning left.

Carby tuned and if need be overhauled

Drivers side door hinges re pinned

Still needs to be cut back and polished

I may also sell with 16" rimms that are currently on my blue celica.

Car still has about 11 months rego on it!
Heres the link to the build up,ill get some more pics up when i get a chance.
http://forums.toymods.org.au/index.php?t=msg&t h=54482&rid=5434&S=915f572be9a7ee67c84d7c7 93364ab00

Id really like to see this go to a good home,and i think it would be a great first car or at worst a reliable daily!

So what do you guys think I should ask for her.

Thanks in advance everyone!

[Updated on: Tue, 13 December 2005 00:48]

Send a private message to this user    
BigWillieStyles
Regular

October 2005
Re: Whats she worth? 73 Celica Sat, 26 November 2005 11:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Best model of celicas ever made, very tasty one that u have, lots of hard work put into it.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/riceburna73/redcel7.jpg
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Whats she worth? 73 Celica Sat, 26 November 2005 12:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks man,

It took 10 months to restore and ive been driving it all night and its a little ripper.

So what should I be asking for her? Sad
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Whats she worth? 73 Celica Sun, 27 November 2005 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bump!
BigWillieStyles
Regular

October 2005
Re: Whats she worth? 73 Celica Sun, 27 November 2005 06:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yours mustnt be the only done up celica, i would do a search and perhaps check out some other hotted up celicas and see how much they sell for. Alternatively you could add up all the cost of mods ontop of the price of the car! But it really comes down to what you would like to get, you must a have a figure in mind!
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Whats she worth? 73 Celica Sun, 27 November 2005 06:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah I know and I have looked all over toymods.Unfortunately alot of Celicas go for fark all on here so I really cant see myself getting what I want on here.What Im asking is for people to give me an idea as to what they think,mabye you went and looked at heaps a couple of months ago and can compare it against what they have seen.

Thanks

[Updated on: Mon, 28 November 2005 04:25]

BigWillieStyles
Regular

October 2005
Re: Whats she worth? 73 Celica Sun, 27 November 2005 07:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I just a had a quick browse on carsales.com.au, and there arent too many in this model, i'd probably go for around 5 or 6K if i were u, especially if the body is a good as u say.!
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Whats she worth? 73 Celica Sun, 27 November 2005 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOW! I put the rimms on her tonight and damn it looks dead sexy.

I also put a 4sale sheet asking 5k ono and while cruising 3 people pulled me over Shocked out of which 2 test drives are organised!

It still desperately needs a polish and I think I noticed some rust coming back through Crying or Very Sad I also noticed where my missus scraped it along a wall so im going to have to cut back the rear quarter panel and spray that again Rolling Eyes

Anyways all will be fixed before the sale which I know isnt real cost effective but I couldnt see it go incomplete.

I forgot to mention in the first post that it has the thick sound deadening through her aswell as retractable seatbelts up front and brand new seatbelts in the back.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Whats she worth? 73 Celica Mon, 28 November 2005 04:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Heres some pics I took of her today.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/riceburna73/2005_1128Image0002.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/riceburna73/2005_1128Image0001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/riceburna73/2005_1128Image0006.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v605/riceburna73/2005_1128Image0005.jpg

As I said above Im getting some good response at 5K but im open to offers.

Thanks
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: Riceburna's red 73 Celica Mon, 28 November 2005 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd say aim at 5k - 6k...

As it has a completely original interior (well as far as I can see) its a big selling point. I know I would prefer a car (at this age anyway) with a standard interior in great condition...it adds a lot to the rarity factor.

and if you can get me a good condition uncracked black dash pad, I'll take it...at this stage I wouldn't mind having a spare.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Riceburna's red 73 Celica Mon, 28 November 2005 12:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thanks GT,

The only fault is the front doors had holes cut in them for speakers Sad dont worry i bought them like that Confused

Im bloody getting stopped everywhere,even got pulled over by a cop today so he could ask me whats in it etc,he's coming round on sat with his daughter to take it for a drive Shocked Very Happy

I hope his daughter is hawt Laughing

The only thing is if I sell it with the rimms they are going to need to be balanced in a big way,its just bloody dangerous.Im going to check everything else with the bearings when i put new rear drum pads on this week.But other than that its forking cool to drive,was also in the wet all tonight and all my effort to not have any leaks hasnt gone in vain Smile no problems at all.

Forgot to mention in the write up that the front subframe was completly re welded and capped as it had a little rust in it I wasnt happy about..

All PMs have also been replied to.

Cheers

Nathan
0438 258 246

BigWillieStyles
Regular

October 2005
Re: Riceburna's red 73 Celica Mon, 28 November 2005 12:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dude that looks so hot with those rims Shocked , man i wish i had sold my prelude and was able to buy your car!
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Riceburna's red 73 Celica Mon, 28 November 2005 12:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BigWillieStyles wrote on Mon, 28 November 2005 23:06

dude that looks so hot with those rims Shocked , man i wish i had sold my prelude and was able to buy your car!

Thanks brew!

Yeah whoever says newer style rims dont look good on old celicas can eat their words Very Happy Saying that I have a set of hotwires to go with whoever buys her if that your preference instead of these ones..
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: Riceburna's red 73 Celica Mon, 28 November 2005 12:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Whats the thing under the number plate?

BTW on the topic of number plates...do the thinner number plates fit better in the bumperbar mouldings than the full size ones? I was thinking about getting the thinner ones myself.

What work has been done to the 2T as well if you don't mind me asking?

Get me that damn dash too! Where on earth are you getting your as good as new black interior bits and pieces from???

GL with sale too...although sounds like you won't need much Laughing

Maybe TA22's are finally starting to be worth something.
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Riceburna's red 73 Celica Mon, 28 November 2005 12:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
74gt wrote on Mon, 28 November 2005 23:26

Whats the thing under the number plate?

BTW on the topic of number plates...do the thinner number plates fit better in the bumperbar mouldings than the full size ones? I was thinking about getting the thinner ones myself.

What work has been done to the 2T as well if you don't mind me asking?

Get me that damn dash too! Where on earth are you getting your as good as new black interior bits and pieces from???

GL with sale too...although sounds like you won't need much Laughing

Maybe TA22's are finally starting to be worth something.

Thats where the fron subframe was welded,its seriously the strongest part of the car!!

The smaller ones fit fine and look heaps better in my opinion.

The 2T was worked years ago,and had the head ported and polished,it was apparently bored out to 17-1800cc the cam was also ground.I have taken on many 3t's and none could keep up that well.bear in mind im a gun driver though Laughing My cousins 4age wasnt making that much on me today either.

The dash has an unremovable cover on it but from what I can tell is fine underneath.Theres a place in silverwater that will re-do them for about 250 but i have bought and sold them in the past for about 120 if you look hard enough.Infact I think the first thing I ever bought through toymods was a mint black dash for my ST Smile

The door trims and carpet came from roadrunner,when he was stripping his celica and the mint seats were swapped for a set of mint front guards and took 6 months to get in the end.I hope your enjoying the fronts out of that set as they would have gone really well with this one as the front seats in this arent really any good,does tham mean the interior isnt immac Confused I might have to change that..

Basically as you know it just takes heaps of bloody time to aquire all these things and also keep on aquiring them for trading etc,thats pretty much been my theory the whole way along,If i didnt need that part at that moment I knew someone in the US or europe was after it and was willing to swap somthing i needed instead. Very Happy

I also hope they start to get the price they deserve,especially in the coming weeks Very Happy
BigWillieStyles
Regular

October 2005
Re: Riceburna's red 73 Celica Mon, 28 November 2005 13:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, i know its a little offtopic, but wats the handeling like in these celica's? Or are they more of a straightline fun car?
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Riceburna's red 73 Celica Tue, 29 November 2005 06:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mate the little Ta22s handle really well with the right mods.

bump
74gt
Regular

October 2004
Re: Riceburna's red 73 Celica Tue, 29 November 2005 08:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
[quote title=riceburna73 wrote on Mon, 28 November 2005 23:50The 2T was worked years ago,and had the head ported and polished,it was apparently bored out to 17-1800cc the cam was also ground.[/quote]

hmmmm...(starts scratching chin) giving me some ideas Very Happy
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Riceburna's red 73 Celica Wed, 30 November 2005 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bumpski
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Riceburna's red 73 Celica Tue, 06 December 2005 01:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bumpfarken
forced_induction
Regular

August 2004
Re: Riceburna's red 73 Celica Tue, 06 December 2005 09:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Awesome work champ. really looks good. If i had the money it would more than likely be mine hehe

Although...... my brother needs a car....

I mite have a chat to him and see wat he thinks, coz if hes anything like me, he'll want this fine piece of sex on wheels...
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Riceburna's red 73 Celica Tue, 06 December 2005 23:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
forced_induction wrote on Tue, 06 December 2005 20:20

Awesome work champ. really looks good. If i had the money it would more than likely be mine hehe

Although...... my brother needs a car....

I mite have a chat to him and see wat he thinks, coz if hes anything like me, he'll want this fine piece of sex on wheels...

Thanks man,

I just put her in the tradingpost,so hopefully it goes soon..
riceburna73
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Riceburna's red 73 CelicaSOLD!!! Tue, 13 December 2005 00:47 Go to previous message
SOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!! Shocked Very Happy

$5000 without the rims oneoneoneeleveneleven

I guess they do go for what they are worth sometimes..

Thanks to everyone for the posative comments etc as I refered alot of potential buyers to this thread to view the build up.

Cheers

Nathan
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:20 valve corolla $3500 -ONO - Make an offer...
Next Topic:**WANTED** corolla panelvan **any condition**
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue Apr 16 14:45:48 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0066990852355957 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.