Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Gremlin
Regular

June 2002

ST185 Air Flow meter Tue, 13 December 2005 01:02
G'day guys,

I have a problem with my Grp A GT4. I'll try and explain it as best I can.

I've had a boost controller installed for the last year running 12-13PSI without any problems. Now all of a sudden, whenever I put my foot down (ie over half throttle) the car stalls and spurts like its hitting a boost cut when the boost lvl reaches arpund 5psi. I know what the real boost cut feels like in this car, and I know that it cuts in around 18-21PSI.

If i slowly spool it up (ie under half throttle) I can reach any boost pressure I like without any problems.

My mechanic and I have changed just about everything there is to change and come up with the idea that it must be the air flow meter. We've changed, plugs, leads, igniter, coil pack, checked the dizzy, changed the fuel pump, fuel filter and nothing has helped.

If it is the air flow meter that's the problem then i'll just get a microtech installed and be rid of the damn thing.

So my question is: Has anyone had this problem before? IF so was it the air flow meter? AND will anyone in the Sydney area let me borrow their air flow meter for about 2 mins to check it out before I buy the new ECU?

Thanks for the help,

John
  Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:stroking 3SGE
Next Topic:What is a 'Group A' 4AGE ?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed Apr 24 01:54:41 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052750110626221 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.