Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » Official AE86 Melbourne crazyweekend of a lifetime recap! w/ Pics + Stories

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bathurst-91
Forums Junkie

April 2004

Official AE86 Melbourne crazyweekend of a lifetime recap! w/ Pics + Stories Mon, 12 December 2005 22:38 Go to next message
Its 830am Tuesday morning Im about to run off to work. Let me just firstly state this weekend was totally off the wall crazy the amount crap the sydney convoy had to go through was an ordeal! Where to begin.

I guess from the beginning;

Thursday; We were on our way at 630am only to stop about 100km out of Sydney Nye's 4AC beast would cut power past 4000rpm and after pulling over it was decided to eventually disconnect the fuelfilter and run it straight. This fixed the problem for awhile.. We made our way down and were totally ahead of schedule until we took our winding road attack detour. I've seen some roads in my time but this was truly something else. We ran through simply the best strech of road there is to find... We have some of it on incar video. We also made 3 more stops during the pass through the snowy mountains.. Nyes 4AC again.. then my alternator charge lead somehow jumped off on its own... Needless to say we werent worried because we just happened to be stopped at some of the most awesome sites; a riverside that was insanely surreal and later on a large dam.. We have pics of the stops and they dont do them justice... Needless to say some more stops later and we ended up getting into Melbourne 10:30pm. 15hrs...

Friday; We awoke with the winding road still fresh in mind. 2 of the S.A boys arrived today And we all pretty much just enjoyed not having much to do for awhile. We eventually got moving and went out to see Melbourne.. St Kilda is an awesome place inwhere we got some food and then caught trams into the city where we wandered aimlessly with nothing to do until we decided to head back to the hotel for drinks to relax. And that summed up friday... A nice lazy day. We also had Michael Coppella taking photos of some cars during this cruise around.

Saturday; The day had arrived.. hachimeet time!. We got to the park around 1200pm heaps late thanks to running around to sort out food with a large group of cars.. lots of looks and shouting over the CB radio; LEFT LANE!! CMON DO IT NOW!! GET TO THE CHOPPER CMON... ARRGHHHH (/arnie voice). It was cool to meet some old friends and to see somenew cars. I think we had 29cars at one point at the bbq (but not all at once) So it fell short of last years record but it was still enjoyable as there was food for all and some funny conversation. "A BRIDE seat is like a diamond ring" (Alexia proclaims us guys should be proposing using the famed seat rather than jewelery) After some food we all headed to Calder.. There was talk of a defect station being setup at the entry to the track so someone went to checkit out and made sure it was gone before we cruised in. 'THE CHAD' then made one phonecall and ensured all us hachis got to park inside the venue and not worry about security. Props! We got there fairly late to catch the driftkana and expression session which were fairly entertaining but it was 5pm in notime and the day was closed so we decided to head for a hills run organised by some Melbourne lads. There were a good number of cars and once again After a short run into the hills we had problems.. Arch's thermo decided to stop working but it was quickly sorted and the uphill and downhill runs continued. Heres where it got interesting. We'd decided that wed head back when it came blarring through the radio: COPS COPS COPS!. "Driver X" had taken off first and found a hwy patrol coming the opposite way.. (someone had called the cops nodoubht due to the sound of 15 4AGEs blarring from the road) he sped off after him so he fanged it to outrun him.. Needless to say the exit from the hills were just a bunch of dead straights and the HSV SS got him after a few kms. At which point we ALL had to pull over and decide to either head back through the hills or passthrough. Some passed through while others hung back. Eventually it came through the CB that they coppers had set up a road block of sorts. "Driver X" was in a paddywagon and there were 2 cop cars there. Friends were calling me frantic looking for an alternative route of of the hills. A short time later all of us where back at a petrol station talking about it. We had no real info but all agreed someone would be spending the night in the slammer. I felt extremly bad leaving a car behind but had totally no option. Lastely let me just state if they had been going into the hills they wouldnt have caught him. Saw some top driving beforehand couldnt shake "Driver X" for the most part of our 'scenic hills runs'. We all headed back to the hotel for yet more drinks And found that infact no one was in the slammer for the night. Theyd let him go after a 1hour interview in handcuffs. DISCLAIMER: NO illegal activity happened that night.. As far as I could see we were all just taking a scenic drive of the hills. It was good fun. We didnt want hassle from the police so we wanted to avoid them. Smile

Sunday; Awoke early to have steve yelling from a window that Leighton Fine had blew his gbox and theyre heading to the track to replace it. And it must be done in 2hrs. Still abit hazy from the nightbefore I didnt want to see Leighton not competing that day because I know he deserved to win. So 20min later we were at the track. And 40min later Steve and helpers had swapped out the box.. Covered in grease i decided to go chill out on the hill and just relax for one day. Needless to say Leighton won easily.. but then blew the gearbox again during the expressionsession. Laughing 'THE CHAD' then organised an afterparty at Transport Bar. Needless to say that was one entertaining night... At this point the weekend was nonestop till 2am every morning. And this night was no different.

Monday: We awoke feeling seedy and preparing for the bigtrip back! Garths Alternator had started playing up the day before.. But we werent ready to sort it because we needed to get to the city and decided to leave it till morning. Then we decided we'd just do battery changes between cars.. So off we went 1030am! 2hours out of Sydney Leighs and the problems began. First Nyes car again! At one point it wouldnt start!.. Then Leighs car died and after 2hours under the engine bay literally going through everything we couldnt figuire it out. So we decided we had to leave one behind and he was ready to call a tow truck. Off we went. Nyes car struggling. Then garths car started loosing its power so we began the first battery swap. We then got a call from Leigh saying the NRMA guy owned an AE86!! and theyd figuired it was simply the dizzy just getting extremely hot. So it ran after the long rest. He flew off after us to catch up. He did not before getting a speeding fine! The taree boys then headed off as we were hours behind. It was dark by this time and garth decided to run without headlights (the rest of us lighting the way and looking for cops) no less than 10min into this idea that a cop hiding in the bushes chased us down and pulled garth over.. The rest of us got spread apart and it was frantic over the CB for awhile.. He got a fine for not having headlights on but got away with nothing more... Which was pretty good. We were then split all over the highway and Garths car was dieing literally every 10km. Then Nyes car died and didnt want to start. Me Shane and Mike were starting to feel the strain. It was 11pm. We were 350km from home and we had 2 cars that werent running. I eventually sorted out Nyes car and taught him a method of driving it that seemed to keep it happy running. So the plan was he shot off ahead. And we stayed at the last servo stop dismayed. We eventually decided to start switching batteries between 3cars. And this took us all the way home. 430am we walked through the door. 18hours. a whole 8hours of car fixing!!!

Ive gotta run to work and wake some of the guys up. Just a quick shout out to everyone. YOU ALL ROCK. Shano, Garth, Val, Mikey, Nye I dont know how we did it!!! All the rest of guys from Melbourne Hui, J, Ron, Alexia, The Chad your all tops and it sucks that We cant hangout often.

Anyways I will post more later (along with pics and video of some twisty runs and drift) .
  Send a private message to this user    
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: Official AE86 Melbourne crazyweekend of a lifetime recap! w/ Pics + Stories Tue, 13 December 2005 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what an awesome weekend.
what an awesome amount of fuckups..
what an awesome amount of police bullshit

but simply awesome no less.

the poeple make these meets, the cars are the added bonus.
you guys in melb are simply awesome.

and i would still be in yass if it werent for the greatest 3 guys ever.

andy, mike & little bro shano. you guys rock. i owe you allllll bigtime!

ill go to sleep now. so very tired. pics and shit laters
genkin
Regular

January 2004
Re: Official AE86 Melbourne crazyweekend of a lifetime recap! w/ Pics + Stories Tue, 13 December 2005 02:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We had fun.
just a lil pic of the SA guys on their way home...

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/8671/giantkoala860ww.th.jpg
Fujiwara_ToFu
Regular

March 2004

Re: Official AE86 Melbourne crazyweekend of a lifetime recap! w/ Pics + Stories Tue, 13 December 2005 02:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i gib you best pwice ever. ferty for fiddy.

-Jay
AE86slut
Forums Junkie

April 2004
Re: Official AE86 Melbourne crazyweekend of a lifetime recap! w/ Pics + Stories Tue, 13 December 2005 03:22 Go to previous message
ae86drift wrote on Tue, 13 December 2005 12:15

what an awesome weekend.
what an awesome amount of fuckups..
what an awesome amount of police bullshit

but simply awesome no less.

the poeple make these meets, the cars are the added bonus.
you guys in melb are simply awesome.

and i would still be in yass if it werent for the greatest 3 guys ever.

andy, mike & little bro shano. you guys rock. i owe you allllll bigtime!

ill go to sleep now. so very tired. pics and shit laters

Good to hear you guys got back ok. You looked very sweet sleeping away on the couch when I went to work this morning after a couple of hours sleep. Sorry I couldn't hang back - stayed as long as I could, but was literally falling asleep behind the wheel 3 hours from home and really looking forward to another couple on the laptop when I got there.

Thanks everyone for a great weekend:
Garth for being the true JDM teh mostest AE86 head
Andrew for pulling all those late nights to get his car ready in time while at the same time organising the trip and taking us on the best winding road action I've ever had
Shane for being a funny freak and for simply dying his hair blue
Mikey for being himself, and being a great drinking buddy at Transport
Nye for being the best n00b anyone could want, and for sheer fearlessness behind the 4A-C's powah
The Taree boys for making it and being the cool customers they are
The Melb. crew for organising the Mt Macedon cruise/race and for going hell hard even with 4A-Cs
My dudes from Adelaide for just bringing drama and strangeness, especially Jesse (Genkin) and another unnamed persona
'The Chad'!!! Just for being the coolest dude in Melbourne, not to mention accomodating me for four nights while he slept on the couch! Big up yaself my brother!
And, of course, anyone else who I forgot...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:NSW SUPRA Club XMAS Party - 11/12/2005
Next Topic:#2 Annual HACHI ROKU MEET DECEMBER 10TH
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Mar 28 18:15:03 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0034940242767334 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.