Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
bd99au
Occasional Poster

February 2003

CFM-Aisan Carbies Fri, 28 February 2003 11:14
I'm trying to get some idea of the flow rate for twin Aisan SU type carbies(with factory air cleaner) which were standard equipment on the 4R motors fitted to RT40 1600S Corona's in the mid 60's - yeah I know - bloody long time ago Smile .

I'm plugging some figures into Desktop Dyno (what a great program) to get some of idea of the effects of various engine modifications - the more accurate the input - the more accurate the projected figures ( bearing in mind that it's a simulation).

I have estimated a total flow rate of 150cfm for both carbies, but maybe that is optimistic. The projected HP figures seem reasonable compared to original factory specifications (117bhp @6000rpm, compared to 95bhp @5800 per original specs - a lot of the increase from the cam) - the cfm is the only figure that I really have had to take a guess at. Everthing else is to spec - bore, stroke, cam details, type of head , exhaust sytem etc -

There is a potential to pick up substantial horsepower through improved carburetion and exhaust flow (we've done some tidying up of the combustion chambers, and valve throats as well). I'm just trying to get an accurate baseline for the engine as it is now, using the twin Aisan's.

Any thoughts much appreciated.(BTW this engine is going into a 1969 RT40 Corona which I am rebuiding)

Barry
  Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:engineering
Next Topic:quick question
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon Apr 29 02:04:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.004101037979126 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.