Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » A quick camry?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

A quick camry? Thu, 02 January 2003 06:02 Go to next message
Never heard of such a thing ! Very Happy

ok this isn't quick this is Bulls$%^!!!!!

http://www.hcimagazine.com/HCI/News.asp?ID=15
  Send a private message to this user    
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: A quick camry? Thu, 02 January 2003 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thems the 2JZ powered ones.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon14.gif  Re: A quick camry? Thu, 02 January 2003 06:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yup. That class is being dominated by 2JZs right now.
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: A quick camry? Thu, 02 January 2003 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
6 seconds!!!! Damn, that is a fast 2j!
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: A quick camry? Thu, 02 January 2003 09:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Over 1300hp from memory, it'd wanna be fast!
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: A quick camry? Thu, 02 January 2003 22:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't think those things qualify as Camrys any more...
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: A quick camry? Thu, 02 January 2003 22:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Solara is too good looking to be a Camry Evil or Very Mad

http://64.95.118.51/images/opti/41/a8/192742527873-auto.gif
Ice_majik
Regular

December 2002
Re: A quick camry? Thu, 02 January 2003 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Wow! How good is that! Surprised Go the Camrys!
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: A quick camry? Fri, 03 January 2003 01:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apparently the stock Solaras aren't so good in the handling department. Being roof-less has made the body very twisty.
dylusion
Regular

May 2002
Re: A quick camry? Fri, 03 January 2003 06:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Camrys are a really good car... i dont know why they have got such a bad wrap.. they handle, more than enuff power (V6 model) and are quiet, when i compare our camry to our old commodore i prefer the camry any day with out a second thought...

my 2 cents..
Soarer
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: A quick camry? Fri, 03 January 2003 07:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My first Toyota was a V6 Vienta/Camry. Wonderful car until the engine died on me. I'd love another one (esp. new shape), but can't go back to FWD after having a RWD.
SmellyTofu
Regular

May 2002
Re: A quick camry? Mon, 06 January 2003 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dylusion wrote on Fri, 03 January 2003 17:45

Camrys are a really good car... i dont know why they have got such a bad wrap.. they handle, more than enuff power (V6 model) and are quiet, when i compare our camry to our old commodore i prefer the camry any day with out a second thought...

my 2 cents..

You can get the Camry to handle quite well with the right set up (well, you can do it with any car) but the lack of power or frontend heaviness doesn't make it a great handler.

The V6 is sweet but all the VZ series were plagued by sludging if not looked after and the 3S and 5S had inherient valve seal problems though I think the 4G Camry had fixed all those things.

Plus the 4G Camry were really dead boring to look at. At least the 2 and 3G had some sorta shape to it.

Also a big problem with it was that performance parts were few and far in between. Engine conversions were only limited to 3SGTE (as later generation 3SGE were very rare to find at all). But FWD and turbo wasn't always an ideal base to set up a performance car. Though some here have got a 3SGTE and FWD with quite some success. I personally couldn't find myself living with that set up.
T-Tuning Customs
Newcomer

February 2003
Re: A quick camry? Sat, 01 March 2003 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Actually they are the 3.5 Camry Coupe reborn in '98 as it own stand alone model. They are still called Solora, but the offical name is Camry Solora. They are basically the sporty children of the regular Camry.

The Gen 4 Camrys, are great, while TRD had crappy overpriced bodykits for them, I have designed and build some nice looking kits and they sell well. The Gen 4s are nice looking cars, but I like the Gen 5, its a shame that they didn't add any of the features they have in the Gen 5 in the Gen 4. Guess they was waiting for the Gen 5 to pull out all the stops.

The new Gen 2 Soloras are looking pretty hot too! I can wait till they actually hit the streets over here in the US

As for the Solora in the link they are oned by Ara Arslanian, who founded and own Bullish MotorRacings. Here are the specs, I use to race against them all the time. Ara and his people are good people.

CHASSIS:
Full tube chassis built to a NHRA 25.1D SFI specification.

BODY:
Toyota Solara

ENGINE:
1450+ horsepower, 183 cubic inch/3.0 liter Toyota 2JZ inline 6-cylinder built and tuned by Bullish Motor Racing.

ENGINE MANAGEMENT:
Motec M-880 installed and tuned by Bullish Motor Racing.

TURBO:
Turbonetics single turbo

TRANSMISSION:
5 speed G-Force 2000

CLUTCH:
AFT

BEST E.T.’s FOR 2002:
6.80’s @ 202+ mph

Have fun
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: A quick camry? Sat, 01 March 2003 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you are after a larger four door toyota go the chaser, classy looking cars that are RWD and have a decent engine
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: A quick camry? Sat, 01 March 2003 02:42 Go to previous message
That is insane Very Happy

I could imagine my mum pottering aronud the shop carpark in that.... Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:I got booked for a "Burnout"
Next Topic:GT soarers
Goto Forum: