Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays???

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
inertia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon10.gif  FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Sun, 02 March 2003 22:11 Go to next message
Was talking to a friend at work the other day...

The conversation came to mucking around in cars.
He told me how he and his friends use to free their local McDonalds of its food trays... Place them under the rear wheels of his friends FWD Corolla... Lock up the rear wheels with the hand brake...

And go absolutely nuts with the backend flying out whenever they tried to turn Evil or Very Mad

Anyone tried this? Laughing
  Send a private message to this user    
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Sun, 02 March 2003 22:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I havn't tried that one but I will say that one of the biggest burnouts I've seen was a stock as Mazda 1300. Just grab the diesel pump and drop a heap of it on the petrol station driveway. park the driven wheels on the puddle and smoke them up.

One sure way to have the commodore boys going Shocked
Matt16v
Regular

I supported Toymods

February 2003
Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Sun, 02 March 2003 23:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
WOO HOO!!

quick stop at maccas, grab about 4 pairs of trays, find a quiet col-de-sac in an industrial area, add a front wheel drive with a tight hand brake, all this adds to instant action!

Yes, i had a swift GTi that used to see huge flat spots in the back wheels cause the trays wore out too quick and the handbrake was too tight.. the wheels stayed locked. its great fun, but lead me to destroy 3 gear boxes, 2 sets of cv's and about 8 sets of tyres....

very expensive but fun!!

Matt
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Mon, 03 March 2003 00:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ever tried handbrakies in wet grass in a FWD = FUN!
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Mon, 03 March 2003 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wet grass in any car is good fun! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

but its big trouble if anyone sees you
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Mon, 03 March 2003 03:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I use bread crate...they dont wear down as fast Smile
rollaboy
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Mon, 03 March 2003 03:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hehehe the Macca's trays done that, works good on grass, Hand brakes on wet and dry grass done that. I live on 2 Acres so its all good. Mum also let me do them in her...well she did when i first got my P's ..said said its safer then on the road Very Happy
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Mon, 03 March 2003 03:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Another fun thing is to get some grass(works best on wet)
Prefereably at the front of somones house on the nature strip(as some people get really defensive of this council land)
Hold the car back and down using window frames(good to have a few people on each side)
and dump the clutch....we've dug some mighty fine holes using this method....also once spinning push the arse end of the car around....makes a nice mess Razz

BTW only tried this on RWD cars....never FWD

All in all good way to piss off people you dont like
Astro
Regular

August 2002

Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Mon, 03 March 2003 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"Matt16v wrote"

WOO HOO!!

quick stop at maccas, grab about 4 pairs of trays, find a quiet col-de-sac in an industrial area, add a front wheel drive with a tight hand brake, all this adds to instant action!

Yes, i had a swift GTi that used to see huge flat spots in the back wheels cause the trays wore out too quick and the handbrake was too tight.. the wheels stayed locked. its great fun, but lead me to destroy 3 gear boxes, 2 sets of cv's and about 8 sets of tyres....

very expensive but fun!!

Matt

Wow, I never thought anyone would take it that far.
Matt16v
Regular

I supported Toymods

February 2003
Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Mon, 03 March 2003 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i had some mates that kept on pushing me, and hey, peer pressure can make the strongest of ppl crack! Very Happy

i replaced all of the gear myself, so it wasn't THAT expensive.. still very fun. gearboxes in swifts are really weak.. so it mostly wasn't my fault.. Razz
boris
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
On probation

January 2003
Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Mon, 03 March 2003 04:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hell yeah we did this one night in my mates mums pulsar. Shitty little 1.6L revving its nuts off. We also didn't realise the trays had worn through.... Nice big flat spots, sure ruined the ride quality for the next few months. Laughing
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Mon, 03 March 2003 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
KFC trays last a bit longer than maccas trays......
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Mon, 03 March 2003 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
...bread crates are still the best Very Happy
CrAiGzEE
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Mon, 03 March 2003 07:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
rollaboy wrote on Mon, 03 March 2003 14:19

Hehehe the Macca's trays done that, works good on grass, Hand brakes on wet and dry grass done that. I live on 2 Acres so its all good. Mum also let me do them in her...well she did when i first got my P's ..said said its safer then on the road Very Happy

arent u trying to sell ya car? lol this aint gunna help ya
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Mon, 03 March 2003 08:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
bread crates are good yes, but otto lids are far superior. maccas trays suck you get like one turn and thats on dirt. ive never seen trays lsat more than one turn but otto lids last ok.
cri_ag
Regular

August 2002
Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Mon, 03 March 2003 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the ultimate is baking trays (metal) with mackas trays on top for (heat) insulation and a mitsubishi colt with a very tight handbrake! haha we used to go up to a quiet secluded carpark at lunch wen i was at school. mackas gota bit sus but when there trays started disapering.

i had another mate with a colt who packed his brand new front tyres with wheel bearing graese, locked the handbreak and did the bigest burnout ive ever seen a front wheel drive do! his auto had shifted into 3rd gear and was doing like 120km/h! he only stoped when he couldent breath any more due to the smoke in the cabin. and he wondered why after that there was this "clicking noise" when he turned corners!
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Mon, 03 March 2003 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHAHAAH
Thats gold....never tried using bearing grease on tyres for a burnout...deisel and bleach, all the time

Then again how wise is it to slick up your tyrees with grease? Razz
Remedy
Regular

August 2002

Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Mon, 03 March 2003 12:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I used to work at maccas and I happend to own a FWD at the time.

'Honnest Ronald, I don't know where all your trays are going'
Cool

hehehehe

I've still got two in my wardrobe that I never got around to using. Mabye I should put them in the for sale section Laughing
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Mon, 03 March 2003 13:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
actually last time i went to Qld to visit my mum she still had my maccas try on the microwave...best device to use when eating food in front of the tv
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Mon, 03 March 2003 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gems absolute gems of society, Im sure all these "experiments" were all performed under strict safety conditions with the approval of the local authorities Laughing

Mini moke going flat strap along gravel road, rip on tight as hand brake, turn steering wheel and then get wheels spinning forward while still travelling backwards, couple that with some oval shaped FWD doughnuts and a wheel falling off at an intersection and you have yourself a great arvo Very Happy
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Tue, 04 March 2003 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
nah but have been told about them before. And another trick i want to try is a revese donut, beign a FWD car. lol

Nezza Cool
Matt16v
Regular

I supported Toymods

February 2003
Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Tue, 04 March 2003 23:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
reverse donuts are fun! They are VERY bad for the gearbox and cv's, even if you do them on dirt.. If you decide to do them, only for a small amount of time, dont be me, and blow a gearbox doing them.. Smile

Matt
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Wed, 05 March 2003 02:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Reverse doughies arn't too bad, did them in the moke on a beach at night. water cliff water cliff water cliff you get the picture Laughing
GIN51E
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Wed, 05 March 2003 09:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you need to use metal baking trays, also look good at night with all the sparks but if you have a front wheel drive don't be a pussy and only use the handbreak on dirt, wet grass ect, use it on the dry tar as well, Very Happy
Ep71-4agte
Newcomer

June 2002
Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Thu, 06 March 2003 07:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The best ones are the trays that the bread gets delvered on to shops early in the morning. The last alot longer than the mcd's trays. We tried wood sheets but they just catch on fire after a while.
EVOSTi
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      no
Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Thu, 06 March 2003 09:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i would have thought the fire part would have been a pro rather than a con.
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Thu, 06 March 2003 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
EVOSTi wrote on Thu, 06 March 2003 19:59

i would have thought the fire part would have been a pro rather than a con.

yeah same, lol.
And would they be bad of gearbox and CV joint because they drivign the wheels and have all the sideways stress on them a rear diff can take the shit more, right.

Nezza Cool
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Fri, 07 March 2003 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
3S-GE MAN: Lets go..... MOVIEWORLD car park!!!!!! Very Happy
Sam
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Fri, 07 March 2003 05:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Down near Nowra there were some mud plains (not sure if they still are), basically a large flat area of hard ground but covered in about an inch of fine silt... slippery as anything, but still hard enough so you didn't bog down.. A few years ago (quite a few actually) I had my mum's galant wagon on there, never had so much fun in all my life.. donuts all over the place...
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Fri, 07 March 2003 09:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SPEEDCORE wrote on Fri, 07 March 2003 14:45

3S-GE MAN: Lets go..... MOVIEWORLD car park!!!!!! Very Happy

Yeah man i'm up for that Surprised . But not this weekend. Sad
also we got soem of thoes bread crats.

Nezza Cool

[Updated on: Fri, 07 March 2003 09:32]

Toobs
Forums Junkie

I Supported Toymods

December 2002

Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Sat, 08 March 2003 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
See look what society has done to us... a few maccas trays, some wet grass or a nice culdesac and you have a nights entertainment for any budding young ricer (add a few fireworks for extra excitement).

The officers would inform us that what we are doing is illegal, however, the crimes are victimless and the only people losing are maccas who make so much money it doesn't matter anyway. Maybe mechanics should introduce a macca's tray excise so as when we steal the maccas trays they eventually make money through the mechanic ( :

Anyone up for blowing up a few letterboxes? ( : (Witzl?)
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Sun, 09 March 2003 10:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Toobs wrote on Sat, 08 March 2003 21:34

See look what society has done to us... a few maccas trays, some wet grass or a nice culdesac and you have a nights entertainment for any budding young ricer (add a few fireworks for extra excitement).

The officers would inform us that what we are doing is illegal, however, the crimes are victimless and the only people losing are maccas who make so much money it doesn't matter anyway. Maybe mechanics should introduce a macca's tray excise so as when we steal the maccas trays they eventually make money through the mechanic ( :

Anyone up for blowing up a few letterboxes? ( : (Witzl?)

lol, no rotfl, funny shit Laughing

Nezza Cool
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Sun, 09 March 2003 14:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
HAHAHa
Letter boxes.....me and my mates used to have alot of fun doing those...and chucking the soda bombs down drains to make nice big bangs heard all over the suburb Smile

Two NYE's ago my mates family just moved house and had yet to sell the old one so we used it as party central for the night.
After half a carton of beer and who knows how much bourbon i come up with my fool proof plan. Blow up the neighbours letter box. Reasoning: no on in their right mind would suspect a house full of drunk teenagers would be stupid enough to blow up a letter box so close and risk drawing attention.

So i head off down the end of the back yard and bury\light a couple soda bombs for practise(and to see if i could manage to light up the sparkler\wick.

With that done, about 10 of us head for hte next door letter box.
Stick in our little noise maker Evil or Very Mad and i try light it, STRONG WIND outside, and have alot of trouble. Now from what i heard later on it took me almost 20 minutes of laughing and swearing to light it. By this time hte neighbour had come out and had been watching me for quite some time. When she realised i'd actually got it alight(by this stage i was alone as everone pissed off back inside as soon as the neighbour appeared) she asked "what the fuck i was doing" to which i replied "AHHHHHHAHAHAHH!!H!!!!!!" whilst jumping up and down like an idiot(i was trying to scare her off before the box went boom)
I see this isnt working...so i do whats natural and leg it. Get around the corner(about a 15 second drunken run) and figure by this stage she'd of gone back inside, walk around the corner, see her looking at me, turn and run again.
After about 10 minutes of cutting through yards i was back at the party drinking merrily with alot of people laughing their proverbial tits off at me
BrrRolla
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Fri, 04 April 2003 03:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
And just when I was starting to get depressed thinking I couldn't have fun in my little front wheel drive!! Must try that one, in the safety of my own property of course, ah the luxury of having land!
isaac
Regular

March 2003
Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Fri, 04 April 2003 04:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What are otto lids?
Matt16v
Regular

I supported Toymods

February 2003
Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Fri, 04 April 2003 23:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
otto lids are off the big black bins the council supply's...

juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
sorry to bring this up Sat, 31 May 2003 13:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i know this is and old thead, but i never saw it when it was there, but otto is the name of the company that make the make the council rubish bins. i must say to everyone doing this be aware that mac d's trays dont last that long, i put flat spots in $300 rubbers doing this, i was not a happy chappy!!!!
but if you are more careful that i was this is a great past time!!!
enjoy and be careful
justin Laughing
crazy_camry
Regular

April 2003
Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Sun, 01 June 2003 00:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
have a look at this website, it tells you everything about putting the trays on the rear wheels, even how to get them and get away form the cops:
http://traysliding.com/tech.htm
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: FWD owners, ever tried the Maccas Trays??? Sun, 01 June 2003 07:20 Go to previous message
Nice site man...

Funny shit about the sliding...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:big accident/ lights
Next Topic:hehe....Engineers
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 07:09:13 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0067811012268066 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.