Toymods » Tech & Conversions » Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
MREMIL
Regular

May 2002
Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Fri, 27 September 2002 00:30 Go to next message
Just got a call from the mechanic... blown HG.

What to do now? A OEM head gasket is about $170, $550ish for the vrs complete head gasket kit.

The engines just been fully serviced:
sparks
leads
timing belt
oil/filters
injectors removed and cleaned

So yeah, no idea what i should do from here. A metal head gasket is $500-$700, and labour will be around $300-400.

What do you guys recommend?

PS... funds are limited!!!
  Send a private message to this user    
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Fri, 27 September 2002 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's do or die time.

Repair it properly (ie deck both surfaces[head and block], head gasket, new head bolts and torque them to 72)

OR

Do a bodgy and sell quickly

OR

Follow the crowd....1JZ.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 September 2002 00:49]

SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Fri, 27 September 2002 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There's some place in Melb that sell 7mgte custom head gaskets for like 250 and they are copper. Get one of those and check how true the block is and get your head machined. Torque it up to about 75 ft/pounds, factory recomend is 52 which is too low. Dont run rediculous amounts of boost unless its tuned for it.
Also run the factory red coolant.
It stops the electrolosis in the engine and the head rusting out right next to where the head gasket seals and prevents it from blowing easily.
MREMIL
Regular

May 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Fri, 27 September 2002 01:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey there stranger Smile how u been?

Allan was tellin me u know of a good place to get the head ported/polished... roughly how much for a 7M head?

And i dont think I can do a bodgey sell. 1J conversion would be nice, but a bit outta my price range... hmmm... dilemmas!!!

And also, I just spent over $500 on servicing the damn thing. Its been driven about 1500meters since I changed everything!

NGK Leads, NGK iridium sparkplugs, timing belt, serviced the injectors, rocker cover gaskets!

I should just sell it all off as parts.

Im thinking either:
Spend $1000-$1500 and put a metal headgasket in there. Then itll be tuff as nails.

Sell this engine and whack in a manual 1jz.

Oh well *sigh*

BTW, can i use ur sig as my quit msg on mirc? i love it!

EDIT: supragte, i just saw your post then. I heard the copper head gaskets dont seal very well compared to the HKS metal ones.

[Updated on: Fri, 27 September 2002 01:10]

SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Fri, 27 September 2002 01:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yeah but look at the price difference. If its tuned right then it wont even make a difference. The HKS ones are tougher when your engine starts detonating but the copper will still take a fair bit. Just dont let it detonate, get a link knock sensor with the money you save by not buying the HKS one and back off if she ever detonates.

Its the detonation that usually blows 7mgte head gaskets. Cylinder pressure's when detonation is present is 3 to 5 times higher than normal cylinder pressures. 7mgte's have between 1000 to 1400kpa normally so you can see why they blow during detonation. I make sure sure mine doesn't detonate and i run 14psi everyday with the original head gasket that came on it in 89.

Hope this helps, sorry for the story Smile
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Fri, 27 September 2002 01:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Join my crowd (ok, just me) and put in a 1UZFE !!!

Only cost around 5 to 6 grand!
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Fri, 27 September 2002 01:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Emil, sorry to hear about the bad news.

Ridgecrest (www.ridgecrest.com.au) do the copper headgaskets....they are in Seaford. They have a variety of thicknesses and prices are around what SupraGTE suggested (maybe a bit less). You're right about the seal, but it depends on a few things.

It must be tempting to do the 1JZ....here is the perfect opportunity.

If you decide to repair the 7M, PM me and I can give you the guy's details about head porting.
JZZ30MAN
Regular

August 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Fri, 27 September 2002 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you go the copper head gasket I recomment you go the ARP head bolts as well. I think Dominator can get them for something like $250.

Head Porting? Bang for Bucks, I didn't hink this was a good way to go. I thought HP increase was minimal for cost, when a bigger turbo would give much better results.

If you really like the car and want to keep it, go the 1JZ route (I had mine for 11+ years and loved it) but if your not in love with it, maybe an OEM repair to 72ft/lbs - it would be a reliable car for purchase. I'd recommend a VRS kit and complete head overhaul. This is what I did to mine when I bought the 1J Soarer. My full engine gasket kit including VRS kit was $300 and overhaul head was $400 if you need any details email me.

I'd loved to have done the 1Z conversion, but don't have the spare cash and don't really need 2 cars. If its still driving, maybe you could buy a spare engine and build it on the side over a little time?

Michael
bighomer
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Fri, 27 September 2002 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well the last post gave me a though way not just find a spare 7M and put it in for now and rebuild your old 1 over time . Or still get spare engine and fit standard gasket with hi torque. spend a couple of hundred now and rebuild spare for a good motor.
Just a thought.
JZZ30MAN
Regular

August 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Fri, 27 September 2002 04:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The spare 7M abd dropping in for now isn't a bad idea, except for the fact that every 7M i've seen (low k import) has a BHG, so the chances of success may not be good.

The other way I suppose could be to buy a really cheap ($2K) car to get around in while you take your engine out and rebuild over time, for the right price.
Michael
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Fri, 27 September 2002 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You can buy my 7M. got me 172kW at the wheels @8psi. I'm sure its had some work done to it (including a head rebuild 6 months ago).
MREMIL
Regular

May 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Fri, 27 September 2002 05:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well i do have a daihatsu charade that i can drive around as a daily, so the car can be off the road for a bit without it being an issue.

If i do an engine swap, ill go a 1J, but the cost involved... i could put a metal HG and mod the 7M to be even more powerful.

But if i were to go 1J, itll be a manual. hmmm...

any suggestions?
JZZ30MAN
Regular

August 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Fri, 27 September 2002 05:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
There isn't much to think about.

If I hear correctly you have an R154 manual. If this is the case, and you have a post 1989 MA71 your cross member will be right. If your currently running an aftermarket computer you can take off the 7M and put on the 1J, then a 1JZ with a harness + different intercooler is what you need.

Michael
MREMIL
Regular

May 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Fri, 27 September 2002 05:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahhh no no no... my car is an auto.

I said if i were to do a 1J conversion, then ill get a complete manual front cut.
JZZ30MAN
Regular

August 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Fri, 27 September 2002 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK then, add about another $2,500 to convert yours to a manual.
Ouch!!
Michael
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Fri, 27 September 2002 05:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Put in a 1UZFE auto! would be a great car. can get engine/computer/auto gearbox package for around the $1700 mark.

Put it in and a new drive shaft. Lovely.
MREMIL
Regular

May 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Fri, 27 September 2002 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how easy is it for the conversion as compared with a 1JZ?

And i kinda like the feel of a turbo... unless i boost the 1UZ Wink
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Fri, 27 September 2002 09:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Emil do you want to use this?

Quote:

Sex is one of the most wholesome, beautiful and
natural experiences that money can buy.

Go for it.
SupraPete
Forums Junkie

July 2002

Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Sat, 28 September 2002 06:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dunno how hard conversion would be. I'm only half way through mine (not even half way). Got engine out, got new engine and am getting stuff checked on it etc.
MREMIL
Regular

May 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Mon, 30 September 2002 07:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im gonna end up repairing the current engine.

Surface the head, ARP headbolts, OEM head gasket.

Any idea how tight i should torque the new ARP bolts?

Wish me luck!
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Mon, 30 September 2002 11:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd go to about 80ft/pounds. I put mine to 72ft/pounds wish i did 80.
JZZ30MAN
Regular

August 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Mon, 30 September 2002 23:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd be careful about going over 72-75ft/lbs as overtightening can cause a other htings to change that could damage the engine.

The 72 figure came from Reg Reimer in the US who did a lot of research and tension testing to failure and the like. I imagine the bolts can take more but several other forces need considering.

The compression on the head will slightly distort the chape of the head and put more stress on valves and the like, but most importantly the compression on the bores will make them want to take an hour-glass shape, eventually starting to grab onto the piston. After saying all this it is likely that it would take quite a lot more than 80ft/lbs for this to happen - but I havn't done any testing.

Do you know of any long term successes with say 80ft/lb? There in lies the answer I suppose. Just something for you to think about.
Michael
MREMIL
Regular

May 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Tue, 01 October 2002 05:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The reason Reg recommended 68-72ft/lbs was coz that was the most (from his testing) that the factory bolts could be torqued down to safely without deforming. ARP headbolts are a different material and can be torqued further without deforming.

From the few opinions that ive read, I think ~80ft/lbs seems to be the go with ARP's, or 72 with stockers.
TD42T
Regular

May 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Tue, 01 October 2002 07:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most of the ARP specs are for use with there lube.
My studs are at 80(I think) with ARP lube but they recomend 100 pounds with 130wt oil.

marty
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Thu, 27 February 2003 10:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So does anyone know the final verdict

is it safe to torque that high ???

A guy i know is interested as he knows that the 7m's are prone to blowing

Ta
Mani
ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Thu, 27 February 2003 10:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
take peoples advice piss it off and get a 1jz, 2jz or 1uz. 1k in round figures will let u fix the hg...not worth it imo. Next thing you know u will have a turbo problem or something...thos ct26s r getting old now remember...and then the engine has probably got hi ks? Think about the future...youll be up for a rebuild and a more than likely spun big end bearing job needing to be fixed. i rest my case.
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Thu, 27 February 2003 10:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sigh*

This is for a friend....as i said before.....

believe me i told him to do the 1JZ, but he wants to stick with the 7M

i appreciate the advice ....ill add it to the list of the other 50 ppl who've said the exact same thing

so can anyone confirm if re-torqueing the heads to 72-80 is safe ??

Thanx
Mani
ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Thu, 27 February 2003 10:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
no more than 72. they were 55 from toyota. do them more than 72, u risk over tightening it and the hg will blow again in no time. or u could even snap the bolts...then throw away the engine.
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Thu, 27 February 2003 10:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ok thanx mate
ill pass that on

Smile

Mani
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Thu, 27 February 2003 12:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SUPRAGTE wrote on Fri, 27 September 2002 11:01

There's some place in Melb that sell 7mgte custom head gaskets for like 250 and they are copper. Get one of those and check how true the block is and get your head machined. Torque it up to about 75 ft/pounds, factory recomend is 52 which is too low.

i have been told time and time and time again, do not even consider using a plain copper head gasket without o-rings

end of story

i chose not to argue with them - you can choose to argue with me, but *eh* whatever...

cheers
ed
ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Thu, 27 February 2003 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeo thats correct, u may as well throw the blown one back on if you dont o ring the head if u use a shitty custom copper hg...if you are silly enough to fix the 7m then probably do the mhg conversion, or alternatively get a toyota genuine hg and o ring the head.
TD42T
Regular

May 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Thu, 27 February 2003 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
To be perfectly honest I think some people miss the fact that same things just don't last forever.

Most 7m mid to high mileage head gasket problems I have seen have been caused by corroded water galleries which leeds to gasket movement then damaged decks be it a GE or GTE.

Oringing isn't the be all and end all if preperation is not right and the cause isn't fixed.

72 pounds is right and I have a set of new head bolts here if you want them.
There is a new all graphite head gasket out now(mine arrives tommorrow)that is supposed to be okay but only time will tell.

Marty
scottee78
Occasional Poster

November 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Fri, 28 February 2003 01:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah .. is that the oem H/G your talking about Marty?

i love when everyone says get a 1j cos it'll be cheaper in the long run!!! bollocks i say, so you get a 1j, boost to 12-14 psi, decent dump pipe, intercooler then what??? 300 320 at the wheels??? (yawn) .. time for a turbo upgrade, and if anyone's seen one cheaper than $950 for the ct26 upgrade then i'll eat my hat, or their hat if i'm not wearing one....

scottee
7m forever!!!!
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Fri, 28 February 2003 07:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
7M forever from this angle too!!!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
(Watch the comments start flying now)

1JZ's arnt that fast at all out of the box. I've been in a few and they didn't exactly make me sit up. To get a 1JZ to put decent power output it'll cost you $4k for decent turbo and manifold(Stock ones are too small and unreliable). Then you'll need an aftermarket ECU(min $1.5k) to get the ponies out of it.
Decent cooler another $1.5k.

So without the conversion costs there's $7k let alone the price of the engine to begin with.

By the way I picked up a "brand new" hi flowed ct26 for 500 big ones.

I've put the bait out, lets see who bites! Smile
ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Fri, 28 February 2003 07:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
god ur full of it gte. hmm "1jz arent that quick out of the box" well i guess a 7m would be a quicker engine??? Laughing 280hp vs 230..hey did u mention with your 7m u had to get an aftermarket computer and ecu? guess to get decent power from a 7m u need aftermarket stuff to ay?? 1jz will be cheaper in the long run...the amount of problems ull have with the 7m. admit it like td42t said...these engines dont last forever. Unless u fully rebuild them..
scottee78
Occasional Poster

November 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Fri, 28 February 2003 08:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so your telling me a 1jz will last forever?? sweet .. as supragte said earlier he is still on his factory h/g .. now this is obviously not the norm but shows what can be done with decent engine management .. now i'm not proposing that soarer and jza70 owners go switch to 7m's, but there is too much propoganda that the 7m is a shit engine .. nuf said
Dollar for dollar you are better off upgrading a 7m end of story
TD42T
Regular

May 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Fri, 28 February 2003 09:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
NO I said "some things don't last forever".

I really don't see the logic in spending$3-4000 to fix a $4-500 problem.
I just can't believe that someone asking about head bolt tensions has been advised to do a engine conversion.

marty
mx83toy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Fri, 28 February 2003 10:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
dont mean to say it again but i done 2 7ms in four grand later decided to listen and buy a 2200 dollar half cut and never looked back well...everyone looks at the back of the cressi now Smile

[Updated on: Fri, 28 February 2003 11:03]

ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Fri, 28 February 2003 15:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ROBBO_ma61 wrote on Fri, 28 February 2003 18:21

god ur full of it gte. Laughing 280hp vs 230

hello?

TORQUE

"out of the box" the 1jz stats are 'barely' better than the 7m, but with absolute minor effort, the 7m will quickly shit all over the 1jz. it takes wads of cash for a 1jz to chase a 7m that has had far less money invested in it.

for once *shudder* im with paul on this one!!
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Fri, 28 February 2003 22:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Exactly!

Do a hi flow on the ct26 and full aftermarket ecu on the 7m and you'll shit all over any 1jz with stock turbo's.

To get the 1jz to then match the 7m you'll have to go spend a fair bit more. Just crank the boost and away you go.

I've never seen the back of a 1jz powered car. Sorry it just hasn't happened yet when I've got 420hp out of my stock internal 7m.

Might also add that 420hp is only at a measly 14psi.

If you do your maths you'll need alot more than that in a 1j to get 420hp. That half litre helps alot here.

More boost you run the quicker your engine life is reduced. Its the same as the exponential curve for engine wear v's rpm. At 4000rpm you have a expectede engine life. At 5000rpm the same engines life is 1/4 that at 4000rpm. The higher you go the more it wears, add boost it wears even faster.

So a high reving engine like a 1j with lots of boost won't last forever. Nothing lasts forever.
scottee78
Occasional Poster

November 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Sat, 01 March 2003 01:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mx83toy wrote on Fri, 28 February 2003 21:57

dont mean to say it again but i done 2 7ms in four grand later decided to listen and buy a 2200 dollar half cut and never looked back well...everyone looks at the back of the cressi now Smile

more power to ya for doing the conversion that would be a killer cressi, BUT..... if you had spent that 2200 (plus all the extras) on the second 7m before it died it would be a 2j killer.....
ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Sat, 01 March 2003 02:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol rev up a 7m for a few months and wait for the knock...comes factory with the engine Laughing i think u guys put too much emphasis on how "good" the 7m is...notice all the mods u have said to get it performing as wel as a 1/2j? Hmmm. MHG, a fuckload of work on the head, turbo upgrades, bla bla bla. u recon the stock j turbos r shit? Admittedly they r small...but look at this : http://home.kooee.com.au/celicamad/dyno_sheets.htm
not too bad for a 1j with stock turbos ay? I'd consider 280kw at the wheels on stock turbos a bit lively. But hey, stick with ur 7m, see what lasts longer and costs u less. Look at that same site reason for swapping (pull out old heap of crap 7m and replace with 1j...wow strong words)
scottee78
Occasional Poster

November 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Sat, 01 March 2003 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
keep it relative .. the post was about head bolt tension not engine replacement ..

spend the same on a 7m as you would doing a 1j swap and the 7m is miles ahead .. thats it it's very simple try to keep up ..

im presuming you are 1j powered? what power to the rears out of interest?
ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Sat, 01 March 2003 05:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
me? No i dont have a toyota engine in my supra. A boss 302 motor. Soon to be running...but ive owned a 7m supra and a 1jz engine before.
TD42T
Regular

May 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Sat, 01 March 2003 08:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Robbo your knowledge and wisdom is just to great for me.
Anything you say now I shall just take as gospel because you have done it all.

marty
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Sun, 02 March 2003 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ROBBO_ma61 wrote on Sat, 01 March 2003 16:31

me? 302 motor. Soon to be running...

lol!

ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Sun, 02 March 2003 05:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wat was that for td42t?
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Sun, 02 March 2003 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I suspect it was for the incredible wisdom and guidance you have displayed to us all.

We bow to you O LEADER. I'm not worthy, o great Robbo MA61.....
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Sun, 02 March 2003 05:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Smile hehe
ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Sun, 02 March 2003 05:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol i find that quite funny also Laughing
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Sun, 02 March 2003 06:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

notice all the mods u have said to get it performing as wel as a 1/2j? Hmmm. MHG, a fuckload of work on the head, turbo upgrades, bla bla bla. u recon the stock j turbos r shit?

Robbo, you say MHG, fuckload of work on the head, turbo upgrades, bla bla.

I've still got the std head gasket, no head work, it's never ever been lifted! It doesn't need to be to make 420hp, why bother.

One thing i've learnt from this forum is that alot of ppl bag out other engines and setups and they think they know everything.

It's the exact same people that are "still half way" through their project and can't even turn their key(wont for months to come) that hassle other setups putting out decent figures that they themselves wont ever see from their own setup.

I can't wait to see 300rwkw from your carby 302 let alone seeing fuel injected GTS's struggling to put down 225rwkw.
ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Sun, 02 March 2003 06:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
wait and see..im not making any predictions yet.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Sun, 02 March 2003 10:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
why the hell not?!

youve got something prophetically absurb to say every other moment of the day...
Dabbid
Forums Junkie

June 2002

Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Mon, 03 March 2003 08:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey ed, sorry but i saw ya name, just wanted to tell ya how much of a dick u are, get a life mate, u know NOTHING!!
ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Mon, 03 March 2003 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol "please explain"
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Mon, 03 March 2003 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ok guys lets pull the plug on this thread,
its funnier than the comedy channel on fox!!
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I love it!!!!

ROBBO_ma61
Forums Junkie

December 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Mon, 03 March 2003 12:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
true that...but ed shut the fuck up if ur gonna be a smartass
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Mon, 03 March 2003 12:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ROBBO_ma61 wrote on Mon, 03 March 2003 20:33

true that...but ed shut the fuck up if ur gonna be a smartass

is there gonna be a can'o'whoopass opened?
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Mon, 03 March 2003 13:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
come on people, settle down.

well, i think we all know the specs on these engines standard. We all know that to make them faster you will run higher boost and have to rev it. We know that this will make the engine die quicker. And it is up to personal choice which of these engines people choose.

so...to settle the argument on speed we will need some volunteer with ma70 and jza70 supras to run some quarter times, tell the modifications and people can make their own mind up. just a suggestion.

BTW i don't have a supra sorry, but i will have a 1jz powered car in a couple of months.
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: Finally Happened - 7M-GTE Blown Head Gasket Mon, 03 March 2003 14:22 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
come on children play nice

as entertaining as it is to read this bickering maybe it would be a good Idea to keep the argument a little more constructive.

I may be fairly new compared to some of you but I think I may be right in saying that if Dabbid is just going to come along and for no apparent reason abuse someone who often, from my point of view puts useful input into these threads he should just piss off
(Robbo has a bit more right to get irate he cops a fair bit of shit about his box of pushrods Rolling Eyes)

BTW go the 7m! Very Happy

Pages (2): [1  2  >  »]   Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:squealing when i turned the key
Next Topic:4age turbo/ fuel question
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Wed May 8 00:41:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0093109607696533 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.