Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Got My Project Car!!!!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Tank
Regular

June 2002

icon10.gif  Got My Project Car!!!! Wed, 05 February 2003 03:49 Go to next message
Before i start it ain't much but hey got to start somewhere Rolling Eyes . I don't have any pics as i can't get my hands on a digi cam. The car is a blue corona st141 sedan with what looks like no rust in it at all. I have my daily driver so up on the stands it will go (picking it up on Friday.) Once there it will be striped inside and out. It will then all be seam welded and back doors welded closed. Out with the back seat and in with a half or full (depending on what i can rustle up) roll cage. The idea is to fit a hilux diff into the car but not to sure how it will go. How tuff are the avant IRS rear ends????. Bah, anyway the engine will be a 1G-GTE. This project is going to be llllllllllloooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggg, as funds are always a problem.

Why a ST141? I hear you say, well put it this way. I reckon for the look on all these V8 MATE boys faces up here when they see this corona fly past spooling its little head off. Be worth every dollar. Very Happy

Later
  Send a private message to this user    
gearb0x
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Got My Project Car!!!! Wed, 05 February 2003 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my sister has one with a 2s and auto with no rust

when shes finished with it i recon it might be a good candidate for a 3sGTE and a manual conversion Smile

They aint the best looking cars, but drive well
Tank
Regular

June 2002

Re: Got My Project Car!!!! Wed, 05 February 2003 05:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They don't look to bad lowered a thew inches with some rims. But hey i won't a fast thrash car and if a corona is not a thrash car then what is. Smile
[TOYROTA]
Regular

July 2002
Re: Got My Project Car!!!! Wed, 05 February 2003 05:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha i just dumped my XT130 Corona 50mm at the front and 80mm at the rear lol. Looks pretty tough for a Corona!
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
icon4.gif  Re: Got My Project Car!!!! Wed, 05 February 2003 06:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you st141 sounds like its going to be one hell of a weapon, i LOVE IT.
JUZZO
wastegate
Regular

May 2002

Re: Got My Project Car!!!! Mon, 03 March 2003 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I am actually putting a 1GGTE into a Corona as we speak. It's a bit of a shoe-horn job but fairly straight forward. I have a live axle ST141 rather than the injected RT142 (did they ever make an ST141 Avante?) but they're the same floorpan.

The 2S is already in the bin and the 1G is on the floor, I've done a dummy fitting and am to the point where I need to make up some engine mounts! Lots of work to go Smile

(using a friend's account as I dont' have a computer)
Chris Davey
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Got My Project Car!!!! Tue, 04 March 2003 09:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SWEET! looks like we can have a twin turbo corona crew! hehe, who would have thought. I will have pics up of my XT130 with 1jz up soon!

good luck with the conversion.

later
Tank
Regular

June 2002

Re: Got My Project Car!!!! Wed, 05 March 2003 04:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

The 2S is already in the bin and the 1G is on the floor, I've done a dummy fitting and am to the point where I need to make up some engine mounts! Lots of work to go

?????
what gen is your motor?
I was told by abes (the st141 1G-GTE guru) that the motor would bolt up to standards mounts. Ponder Confused

Well it is up on stands and gear box back is out of the car. In the process of getting some money saved up to get the motor. Very Happy . Slowly getting there

[Updated on: Wed, 05 March 2003 04:24]

Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Got My Project Car!!!! Wed, 05 March 2003 12:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
He's using a gen 3 1G (out of a GA70 Supra). I can tell you first-hand the 2S mounts are not at all compatible with a 1G block, and the 1G mounts don't come close to bolting up to an ST141 crossmember.
Tank
Regular

June 2002

Re: Got My Project Car!!!! Wed, 05 March 2003 22:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
OK cool thanks for the help Very Happy,

Guess i will have to get some mounts made up no biggy

Later
RSSTi
Regular

September 2002
Re: Got My Project Car!!!! Thu, 06 March 2003 01:33 Go to previous message
Quote:

I reckon for the look on all these V8 MATE boys faces up here when they see this corona fly past spooling its little head off. Be worth every dollar.

This brings back memories, my previous car was a RT142 wagon with a turbo 22RE that made 160kw at the wheels. Believe me the looks on the faces of the V8 brigade is well worth it especially in a wagon.

Some pics and info here

Vic.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:MEN-11C
Next Topic:Attn: Sam or Nark (avatar)
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Tue May 7 04:40:01 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.005389928817749 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.