Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Cruises and Events » CAR SHOW: ***SMALL CAR SUNDAY*** this SUNDAY 23rd MARCH

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
GEEZE23
Regular

July 2002
CAR SHOW: ***SMALL CAR SUNDAY*** this SUNDAY 23rd MARCH Sun, 02 March 2003 08:45 Go to next message
Hi Toymodders,

Event: Small Car Sunday

Date: Sunday March 23

Time: Gates open at 7am (entries are limited to 400 Cars.)

Cost: See Below

Entrants Meet: Blacktown Macca's (CNR Sunnyholt Rd & Third Ave) at 6am

I feel that TMCC should make a strong presence as this is a great one day event that displays mostly practical vehicles.

here are two classes:

* LEVEL A for the elite Top 20 - cost $40 per vehicle;
* LEVEL B for the fun categories - cost $25 p.v.($20 if we have more than 10 cars).

There is an array of trophies up for grabs incl. Best Non-4 or Rotary, Best Club display, and also Sound off Trophies.

Any one in the club who wants to enter can contact me and we can work out arrangements.

I highly encourage spectactors to come along, its a good day out and a great way to support the club.

We are also going to put up a display and fencing off our club section. Anyone with ideas and/or axles and steel rims please contact me.

Thanks

.oO Dave oo.

[Updated on: Sun, 23 March 2003 09:15] by Moderator

Send a private message to this user    
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: Small Car Sunday Mon, 03 March 2003 02:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave,

I'll be there for sure to lend a Hand. This is probably the best Show in NSW for Clubs like us as it isn't all rice and Chrome wheels but a collection of neat and Practical street driven and show vehicles.
Bandit
Regular

May 2002
Re: Small Car Sunday Mon, 03 March 2003 06:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i'll be there for sure. i'll even help the club and put my car in the display
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Small Car Sunday Mon, 03 March 2003 08:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd be there for sure, but I'm working that weekend...... Crying or Very Sad
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Small Car Sunday Mon, 03 March 2003 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there aswell...

That $25 entry fee, does that include the sound off???

It's not setup properly yet, but I'd be interested in seeing what it gets...
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: Small Car Sunday Tue, 04 March 2003 04:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put me down too dave ill be entering, illgive u a ring tonight or tomorrow about the diff anyway Smile
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: Small Car Sunday Tue, 04 March 2003 04:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Tina's new car will be there ! Rolling Eyes
Not saying what it is tho ! But rest assured its all one colour and won't embarass the club. Very Happy
thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: Small Car Sunday Tue, 04 March 2003 04:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave,

I have 4 Chrome 13" rims and 3 TA22 Axels to use as posts to hold the chain. The RA28 got crushed this morning and I didn't have time to drop the axels out as the council threatened a $2000 fine if it wasn't gone today Mad Bastards !
Why Can't I leave a Stripped out orange shell on the footpath I pay Taxes ! Rolling Eyes
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Small Car Sunday Tue, 04 March 2003 05:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
This may be a dumb question to some - but where is the event held?

Thanks

Never mind, just found the other thread

[Updated on: Tue, 04 March 2003 05:23]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Small Car Sunday Tue, 04 March 2003 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Yo, I really need someones help here...

That $25 entry fee, does that include the sound off???

It's not setup properly yet, but I'd be interested in seeing what it gets...
YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

Re: Small Car Sunday Tue, 04 March 2003 20:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
put me down for a tentative booking! Rod we will chat this weekend!
Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: Small Car Sunday Tue, 04 March 2003 21:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'll be there.. If my car is finished from the shop.. Smile
CamZH
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Small Car Sunday Thu, 06 March 2003 02:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey, we'll enter with Rala's RA28!! Just let us know details of the club's plans for the event...

Cam + Lara.

Bandit
Regular

May 2002
Re: Small Car Sunday Fri, 07 March 2003 20:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like we got a good turn out for the display. Dave we need to know when the cut off is for entry. and wot time we need to be there in the morning. so on and so forth.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Small Car Sunday Sat, 08 March 2003 12:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I couldn't be bothered entering this one... I'll just spectate and take heaps of pics...
GEEZE23
Regular

July 2002
Small Car Sunday UPDATE Tue, 11 March 2003 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Small Car Sunday Sunday March 23rd,
Toymods car club display vehicles will be $20 each as we are in a club display and will have to have over 10 cars to receive this discount. We have to pre-pay for this discount. Payment can be made to me at the drive-in night or at the March TCCA meeting on Monday 17th AT THE LATEST.

*Only current 2003 FINANCIAL Members are eligible to show at the Toymods Small Car Sunday Club Display.

*This show is a static display, that means no cars can be driven around once in their display. As the Show Display area and Sound-Off are separate, any cars competing in the sound-off cannot be in the club display, but can still have the $20 Club entry fee.

*We are meeting at Blacktown Macca's (CNR Sunnyholt Rd & Third Ave) at 6am 23/3/03. We will be leaving at no later than 6:15am to make our way to Prairwood(Fairfield Showground) to join the queues for 7am entry. All TCCA entrant will be given a form to fill out upon payment which they must have on the Sunady morning for entry. All TCCA display members also have to be together at the showground gates to secure our spot together.

*I will give my mobile phone number to entants in the event of late arrival.

*the capacity of the showground is 400 cars, they didnt reach that last year- but things get bigger and better each year and we dont want to miss our spot.

*If anyone can help for the club display, it would be muchly appreciated.
We NEED for the display:
-diff axles,
-steel rims,
-lots of plastic chain,
-large table cloth for tressel table,
-someone to paint the axle/wheel combo in silver,
-silver paint,
-Dyno day trophies to display for the day (please)

*members on display so far:
-Joe 2TGEU TA23
-Tina 3SFE ST162
-Dave 1GGZE RA23
-Steve 1GGTE RA23
-Bandit ???
-Whistle 18RGU RA28
-Joel 4AGE RA23 Pppplease!!
-Rala 18RC RA28

Thanks, cu there

.oO Dave Oo.

[Updated on: Sat, 15 March 2003 06:23]

YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

Re: Small Car Sunday Wed, 12 March 2003 04:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I will be up for this one!
Hope to see some old faces again.
But i wont be with the club, Iam not a finance member(a.t.m) and i cant say exactly what time i will be there so i dont want to stuff anyone around.
Rod if you read this Brian wants to bring up his HQ, Very Happy Laughing Very Happy
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Small Car Sunday Wed, 12 March 2003 04:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have 2 spare 17" rims off my car if you want to use them
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Small Car Sunday UPDATE Wed, 12 March 2003 10:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
GEEZE23 wrote on Tue, 11 March 2003 20:40

We NEED for the display:
-steel rims - I can most likely get these from work... What do you need them for??? How many do you need??? Do you have to spray them silver??? Would you use alloys for your application???

*members on display so far:
-Joe 2TGEU TA23
-Tina 3SFE ST162
-Dave 1GGZE RA23
-Steve 1GGTE RA23
-Bandit ???
*****-Ben 4AGE AE92***** - Dave, if this is me, then take me off the list... I'M NOT ATTENDING...

Thanks, cu there

.oO Dave Oo.

CamZH
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

July 2002

Re: Small Car Sunday Wed, 12 March 2003 20:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Dave,
Add Rala's RA28 to the list, its got a 18r-c in it Smile
We can bring our trophy from Dyno day also. (Best presented)
i dont have anything else to provide as i threw it all out on the move last weekend!

CamZH
GEEZE23
Regular

July 2002
Re: Small Car Sunday Thu, 13 March 2003 08:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Apologies Ben, I didnt read your post after the sound-off one. You're taken off the list.

The plan is to have the club display fenced off so that no-one's Toyota's get scratched.
We were going to get a load of old axles, stand them upright in the wheels, weld them togther, then paint the whole lot silver, or white, or red? Then get some Toymods stickers and put on each one, join each one together at the tops with some white plastic chain for the display.
.oO Dave Oo.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Small Car Sunday Thu, 13 March 2003 10:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats cool man...

Well how many rims do you want??? I can get them from work, just let me know how many you want...

So are we gunna put up the Toymods flags??? I thknk I saw them at the 2000 Autosalon...
wagonist
Forums Junkie

Toymods Club Treasurer

May 2002
Re: Small Car Sunday Thu, 13 March 2003 21:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
We have a stockpile of old rims at work which have been collected out of creeks,etc some with axles still attached.
Might be able to get them if you want.
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Small Car Sunday Thu, 13 March 2003 22:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I don't live far from there, so I don't mind coming along to help with setting up the display if you need an extra set of hands.

Let me know!
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Small Car Sunday Fri, 14 March 2003 02:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
DAVE!!!

PUT ME DOWN ON THAT LIST!!! Very Happy
Please add:
Karl Witzlsperger: RA28 18R-GU Celica

.... i got the day off work Wink

ill hand you the form and $$$ on saturday duuuude.
Bandit
Regular

May 2002
Re: Small Car Sunday Fri, 14 March 2003 08:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
this going to be a good day by the sounds of it. how many cars all now dave? i was thinking a good place for us might be in the open and we can set the cars up in a circle fashion. that way no one will miss us. and we have a comune in the middle. just a sugestion though. will know for sure on the day wot we can do.
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Small Car Sunday Fri, 14 March 2003 10:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My mate will have his 13B RX3 there on show aswell... Very nice car, Hot Pink in colour and no, it's not part of the Queen St crew...
GEEZE23
Regular

July 2002
Re: Small Car Sunday Sat, 15 March 2003 06:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Steve, axles + rims is good, we are going to paint them next weekend. talk to you at meet. R u putting the wagon in SCS?
.oO Dave Oo.
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Small Car Sunday Mon, 17 March 2003 05:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm really hoping the Celica's dump pipe will be fixed and I could enter it. When do you need to know by?

Cheers
Joel
Ronin
Regular

May 2002

Re: Small Car Sunday Mon, 17 March 2003 05:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im contemplating if I should come down as a spectator or part of the toymods gig.
If its undercover like last year and relatively dull light I would enter (lack of light helps disguise minor blemishes on paint work Very Happy ).
But I wont beable to drive it all day if I did Crying or Very Sad
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Small Car Sunday Tue, 18 March 2003 08:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave, Sorry for the hassle but I WILL BE ENTERING...

I have 8 toyota steelies... They are 4 stud wheels...

Ring me on 0405 223 484 and let me know when you want to get the wheels off me whether it be that I drop them over on Sat or whatever...

Ben...
GEEZE23
Regular

July 2002
Re: CAR SHOW: ***SMALL CAR SUNDAY*** this SUNDAY 23rd MARCH Tue, 18 March 2003 12:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
'Tis all undercover w/ semi dodgy light in certain areas, others good.
Ben, I'll give u a buzz tomorrow.

.oO Dave Oo.
YOGI8U
Regular

May 2002

Re: CAR SHOW: ***SMALL CAR SUNDAY*** this SUNDAY 23rd MARCH Wed, 19 March 2003 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
anyone entering level A?
Dave what are they judging for in level A and level B?
see you there!
YOGI8U

[Updated on: Wed, 19 March 2003 02:07]

DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Wear your Toymods shirts! Thu, 20 March 2003 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hey all

would be great to see as many members as possible wearing their Toymods shirts...

that would help the club display without question!

[Updated on: Thu, 20 March 2003 03:47]

BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: CAR SHOW: ***SMALL CAR SUNDAY*** this SUNDAY 23rd MARCH Thu, 20 March 2003 07:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I wish I could make it, but I'll be woiking. Sad
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: CAR SHOW: ***SMALL CAR SUNDAY*** this SUNDAY 23rd MARCH Thu, 20 March 2003 09:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No worries Danny...
Juggalo
Regular

March 2003

Re: CAR SHOW: ***SMALL CAR SUNDAY*** this SUNDAY 23rd MARCH Thu, 20 March 2003 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Will you guys be accepting club membership applications on the day? If so I will be there with an application and joining fee, otherwise I'll just be there, also is there an entry fee for spectators so I know how much cash to get out for the day?

Yeah I only live like 10 minutes from there so if you want another person to help setup or whatever I'm willing and able.
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: CAR SHOW: ***SMALL CAR SUNDAY*** this SUNDAY 23rd MARCH Thu, 20 March 2003 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Juggalo wrote on Thu, 20 March 2003 22:30

Will you guys be accepting club membership applications on the day?

yes we are planning to... Joe should be bringing the membership packs

Quote:

also is there an entry fee for spectators so I know how much cash to get out for the day?

yes there is... not sure how much though

Pumpkin
Regular

Toymods Board Member

September 2002
Re: CAR SHOW: ***SMALL CAR SUNDAY*** this SUNDAY 23rd MARCH Thu, 20 March 2003 21:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

yes we are planning to... Joe should be bringing the membership packs

Doh!!!! haha
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: CAR SHOW: ***SMALL CAR SUNDAY*** this SUNDAY 23rd MARCH Fri, 21 March 2003 01:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Dave,

My car is definatley not going to be ready. The way things are looking i'll be lucky to get it back by the following weekend.
Bandit
Regular

May 2002
Re: CAR SHOW: ***SMALL CAR SUNDAY*** this SUNDAY 23rd MARCH Fri, 21 March 2003 09:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Got my car yesterday. Just need to clean it up and customise the interior on sat. Abd i will be there bright and early sunday morning with my toymods shirt on which i got my handle embroided on to. COOOL. So the wait is over. you will all get to see my car on sunday. and its soo nice. lol. Cya there.
RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: CAR SHOW: ***SMALL CAR SUNDAY*** this SUNDAY 23rd MARCH Sat, 22 March 2003 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
So I guess SCS doesn't include Small 4WD's then huh?? Laughing

I'll be there hopefully, and if someone brings a membership form I'll register on the day. I can help out with the display and whatnot, but where do non-entrant's park their cars?
Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: CAR SHOW: ***SMALL CAR SUNDAY*** this SUNDAY 23rd MARCH Sun, 23 March 2003 12:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The day was pretty cool...

I found a few pics...

http://www.sydcruise.com/images/gallerys/28/SCS-2003-106.jpg?

http://www.sydcruise.com/images/gallerys/28/SCS-2003-107.jpg?

http://www.sydcruise.com/images/gallerys/28/SCS-2003-105.jpg?
GEEZE23
Regular

July 2002
Re: CAR SHOW: ***SMALL CAR SUNDAY*** this SUNDAY 23rd MARCH Wed, 26 March 2003 12:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Toymodders,
BIG CONGRATS to all!!! We put up an awesome display for the club, and were rewarded for our efforts.

The turnout was outstanding to say the least, 11 cars on the stand - the largest ever! All cars were very tidy and we were well dressed. Next year we will be back to take out more trophies!

Thanks to everyone who was there (from near and far) and helped, and those for supporting the club on the day. Also a big thanks for the donators of the materials used, and whom put it all together.

I had a great time on sunday, the pie eating comp was awesome- I cant believe I won the Pie Eating Champion title, especially after downing a large Quarter Pounder meal only an hour before hand. I didnt chuck, but thanks to the dude from Fast Forums Club who did - One less to compete with

Joe and I tried to get a reason for us being denied entry to SAS from the Auto Salon wankers- Aparently we aren't "HI-TEC" (No Red leads and 15kw stickers). At the end Joe and I couldn't justify losing 25 minutes of our lives while they spat Bullshit at us?

We had 8 celicas, An MR2, 1 Corolla, an an Echo,
If we get some more serious corlla/sprinter people next time, we could smash the Jetspeed club record of 23 and take another trophy. There was definety the widest range of Toyota Twin Cams In the Celicas there: 4AGTE, 1GGTE, 3TGTE, 1GGZE, 2TGEU, 18RG-U, 3SFE. And every second celica had SIMMONS Wheels!

Thanks again to everyone, see you at the next...
.oO Dave Oo.

RAV-GT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: CAR SHOW: ***SMALL CAR SUNDAY*** this SUNDAY 23rd MARCH Wed, 26 March 2003 12:21 Go to previous message
I was going to go to this one just gone, but it pissed down rain here, and I thought it would be doing the same out there too.

So I guess small 4WD/AWD's are out of the question then?? Rolling Eyes

It's got a 3S-FE in it.... hahaha. Laughing
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:turbo 6 and 8cyl cars listing.. sydney
Next Topic:TOYOTA NATIONALS CLOSES THIS FRIDAY
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sat May 18 15:39:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0085029602050781 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.