Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Got booked for a "burnout" too!

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon13.gif  Got booked for a "burnout" too! Fri, 07 March 2003 00:22 Go to next message
Disclaimer: Some language here is not suitable for public consumption so if you find certain language offensive, don't read on.

I got pulled over the other day for doing a "burnout" after dropping off some workmates.

Stupid cunt of a cop trying to fill his quota making shit up. I was going around the corners fast, but I don't do burnouts, and I'm not aware of any wheelspin that happened. Maybe he saw the tail wagging as I changed gears mid-corner.
The stupid dickhead also tried to pin me for not changing my licence to an ACT licence too. Claimed that I needed to.

What a complete cocksucker.

Anyway, anyone know how much the fine is? How many points? He said he'd send the fine in the mail...
I have a couple of witnesses who can back me up in that I didn't do a "burnout". I didn't say anything at the time 'coz I was scared that if I pushed him, he'd try to defect me or something like that.

Also, when he signalled for me to pull over, I pulled into the NRMA carpark. That's private land isn't it? Can I be booked on private property?

I hate cops. Especially lying fuckers who need to fill their quotas.
  Send a private message to this user    
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: Got booked for a "burnout" too! Fri, 07 March 2003 00:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Gee anyone would think the cop pissed you off or something Rolling Eyes

It was probly a good idea to let it go especially if he was such a wanker.
katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: Got booked for a "burnout" too! Fri, 07 March 2003 00:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Damn.. thats one shitty cop.
it amazes me, cops will pick you up for the slightest thing these days, its all just so that they can fill their quotas and make more money out of people who might drive a couple of k's over the speed limit.

I think they seriously need to look at all this.. because people are getting fed up with being picked up for next to nothing..

but i dunno... normally they would tell you on the spot.. so i dont know why he didnt.. seems suss.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Got booked for a "burnout" too! Fri, 07 March 2003 00:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I would definitly be appealing it, 'cause if the act burnout laws are anything like the nsw ones, you DO NOT want to get done for that.
they're coming down hard.
on the plus side it'll be very easy to defend, since what you did was by no means a burnout, and you have witnesses

87seca
Regular

May 2002

Re: Got booked for a "burnout" too! Fri, 07 March 2003 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
you could get luckly, my brother was pulled over a week ago for doing a "burn out", and the cop said the ticket would be droped around, in the next day or 2... still haven't seen it yet
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Got booked for a "burnout" too! Fri, 07 March 2003 00:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
day or 2? in sydney? it always takes at least a week or 2

then appealing to the rta takes 1-3 months (my brother's going through that at the moment... same deal, pissed off cop slapping him with something he didn't do)

THEN you go to court, and simply saying "it was accidental" is a perfectly legal defence against braking traction.
so you can just say you were changing gears mid corner, which resulted in the back swinging out. you backed off the accelerator, and the back came back in.

the magistrate will throw it out with your witnesses there to back you up
DannyGT4
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member

May 2002

Re: Got booked for a "burnout" too! Fri, 07 March 2003 02:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorry to hear maxy

the NRMA car park will not make a difference to your fine as you were on a public road when the offence occurred.

on another note... not all cops are wankers... but if you piss them off or look like trouble then they will come down on you.

i've had enough troubles with them to appreciate where you're coming from but at the end of the day they have a job to do.

when most people need help in an emergency they usually call the cops and i get tired of hearing people bag them out all the time.

yes some of them can be out of line at times but don't put them all in the same basket.

just my 2c

Razz

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Got booked for a "burnout" too! Fri, 07 March 2003 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh, I'm by no means putting them down.
I do have a little thing against highway patrol cops, but apart from that most cops I know are quite nice.
I've never personally been slighted by one. I've been done once for speeding, and I was, but admittedly he did put it down as a 60 zone when it was a 70 zone.

but that's set off by the highway patrol cop who didn't book my for doing 135 in a 110 (I needed to change my pants though).
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Got booked for a "burnout" too! Fri, 07 March 2003 03:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
personally im an advocate for the Cop being nice until you are a dickhead to them. There is NO NEED for a cop to walk up to the side of your car, lean in the window and say "and just what the hell did you think you were doing sonny?" (personal experience), that just sets me right off.

In general most cops are nice to me, once they walk up to me and i say "Hello Officer, how can i help you? Was there something i was doing wrong?" (NOT sarcastic - that gets you nowhere FAST).

Last three times i was pulled over for speeding, excessive loss of traction and pulling out into the wrong side of the road - each of them i was given a caution for, and i think it's cos i was nice to the policeman and appologised for doing wrong (along with some lame story).

MAX - i rekon you can get off this one! In NSW i believe the law is that traction must be broken for 3 seconds or more (a long time really), and with witnesses and your story you will get off a court appeal NO WORRIES!! Very Happy
Also if the Copper was really nasty, you can ALWAYS make a formal complaint to his seargent - which must lead to some sort of action.

Hope all goes well Smile

BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Got booked for a "burnout" too! Fri, 07 March 2003 03:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark, I would wait until you get the ticket before you stress too hard about it, from my experiance when cops say they'll send you a ticket or whatever in the mail, they just want to scare you a bit.
That formal complaint thing is a good idea too, one way to get back at a lying cop.
SPEEDCORE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Got booked for a "burnout" too! Fri, 07 March 2003 04:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark wrote on Fri, 07 March 2003 11:22

[i]Disclaimer:
What a complete cocksucker.

I hate cops. Especially lying fuckers who need to fill their quotas.

LMFAO!! Finally.... Allleuja!!!! Someone other than me is using such nicely pronounciated profanity!!! Good for you NARK!! Feels better does it not!!

And I love the cocksucker bit too!! I personally prefer COCKSMOKER! You been watching a bit too much SOPRANOS!! Rolling Eyes

Credit goes to the SOPRANOS too...... for bringing back such words on TV such as "that fucking cocksucker!", "You fat fuckin' prick", "WACK that faggot cocksucker!!" etc etc!!

This is the type of television that should be shown to the kiddies at 4:30 in the arvo instead of Hi 5!!
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Got booked for a "burnout" too! Fri, 07 March 2003 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Soprano's is a classy show!
I love it...i'm addicted to watching it Very Happy

Anyways hopfully the cop was just messing around with you.
I'm pretty lucky i've never really been caught doing anything "naughty"

almost got done for driving without a licence(would of but i got a bad feeling pulling up to this corner...got out...mate with licence got in the drivers seat...turn around corner and there were 2 cop cars doing RBT's, wave my mate in and immediatly ask for his licence Razz)
Lucid
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Toymods Club Secretary

May 2002
Re: Got booked for a "burnout" too! Fri, 07 March 2003 06:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Max - I'd also be questioning the reason why he didn't write you a ticket on the spot - Most likely is that he KNOWS he doesn't know WTF he's on about, but wants to take your details back to the cop-shop and find out from others if he CAN pin you for it or not. If you have his name or station, you should be able to go down there and ask them (in a polite manner of course) if you can find out what's going on with it.

As for making a formal complaint against the guy in question... How much longer has your contract in Canberra been extended for? If you're planning on staying down there much longer, you probably wouldn't want to get the local coppers off-side Razz
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Got booked for a "burnout" too! Fri, 07 March 2003 09:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
cocksmoker has been around since the days of mallrats, dogma etc.

not all cops suck assholes....what about supertroopers they are fuckin funny
suprav8
Regular

May 2002
Re: Got booked for a "burnout" too! Sat, 08 March 2003 10:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Your car was prob showing "attitude" if you shifted mid corner.....if you didn`t get a on the spot fine i doubt you`ll ever get 1......i know it must be hard to get around in a mega HP celica but you`ll just have to deal with it dude Very Happy
jase
Regular

May 2002
Re: Got booked for a "burnout" too! Sun, 09 March 2003 07:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If you take it to court, you'll get off.

Problem is, it'll take two visits and about $850 for the solicitor. You'll probably get a section ten (cops are basically never wrong, but you can be "not convicted" even though they find you guilty.) which is nothing, but they're not wrong.

If you don't have a solicitor, I think you'll lose.

And if they didn't fine you on the spot, since they're lazy, and only do stuff if it doesn't put them out of their way.

You'll be surprised how a solicitor changes things.
corolla coupe 18rgu
Regular

September 2002
icon10.gif  Re: Got booked for a "burnout" too! Sun, 09 March 2003 09:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Consider yourself lucky your not in Qld, the same copper here would of asked for your keys and called a tow truck to inpound your car for 24 hours, this includes having your stero to loud
aswell
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Got booked for a "burnout" too! Mon, 10 March 2003 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've been pinned by the cops a couple of times and I think for an offence like that the fine is given to you on the spot. There is no reason why the copper couldn't reach into the car around the donuts to get out his ticket book. His punishment for you, for the so-called offence is what is happening right now, your packing it for a ticket that is never going to come. The cop may see this as something that may slow your (as he see's it) "reckless" drivng. Cause he knows he can't pin you for anything formaly so why not use the scare tactic.

The Stitt
EMP-2TG
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Got booked for a "burnout" too! Mon, 10 March 2003 11:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i got 3 points and a $385 fine
Rod "CScorona"
Occasional Poster

February 2003

Re: Got booked for a "burnout" too! Fri, 14 March 2003 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
one time, there was about 6 of us, driving around in an unregistered sigma, which we bought for a case of beer. we were driving it around town about 2am, doing circle work, drove into a footy field which belonged to a school, and got off the field by smashing through a metal fence. (it was a paddy basher of course) had rust all over it, all i can say is, it had big issues. it wouldn't of got registered if ya tried.

anyways.. the thing is, we got caught by cops, 3 cop cars actually, and one of there comments they made was, "you should of at least got it registered before doing burnouts." hehehe we all laughed at that.

yeh they said the driver of the sigma, will get a fine etc.. he didn't get shit, not even a warning.

i think the cops just thought it was funny. yeh, well nothing happened, haven't heard anything since.

so you might be lucky too. Very Happy
Youngy
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Got booked for a "burnout" too! Mon, 17 March 2003 08:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well cops in highway patrol are not even liked much by other cops I have been led to believe. And that makes sense to me.

Apprently the other night at the recent Glo-show in Sydney on the Friday night as cars were waiting to get into the exhibition centre some enterprising officers were marching up and down the entrance way handing out defects hand over fist. That too me says quota and cunts.

Thanks for the Disclaimer Nark!!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Got booked for a "burnout" too! Mon, 17 March 2003 10:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've only ever found 1 highway patrol that was nice ... they let me off a fine (didn't even pull me over actually). every other story I've heard has been bad... revenue raising, defecting whatever possible... just general wankers.
Grega
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Got booked for a "burnout" too! Mon, 17 March 2003 21:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
my mate got done for having blue park lights. in his cressida with NO MODS.

thats revenue raising.

albeit they do have a job to do, and, i wouldn't do it for quids, i think the rule of "give and take" is slowly disappearing as society evolves...
ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Got booked for a "burnout" too! Mon, 17 March 2003 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got pulled over the other night for speeding. I wasn't even thinking about it, I was just on my way home from Basketball on a quiet country road. Anyway I had a female cop, she asked if I knew why I'd been pulled over and I said yes and then she asked if I knew how fast I was going. I said I had no idea cause my speedo doesn't read correctly. I said that I've already replaced it but it still isn't right. I was doing 100 in an 80 zone, she took my details and said that the fine would be in the mail. I'm on my P's still so hopefully that won't mean loss of license. I got a feeling you have to be 25 over the limit before you loose it.
vaguely
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: Got booked for a "burnout" too! Tue, 18 March 2003 02:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nark
you were probably speeding
couldn't prove it (ie no speed camera on you)
so got you for something he might be able to get away with.

something similar happened to me before.
damn p plates should be designed to stay on while going sideways Razz

so the the cop is doing his job.

they are still cunts...
but doing their job.
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Got booked for a "burnout" too! Tue, 18 March 2003 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Blue lights are reserved for cops. So it is quite illegal. Otherwise people wouldn't get out of the way when they see blue flashing lights...

15-30km/h over the limit is 3 points and about $190 (or was it $270?). Anyway, you have 4 points so you're fine.
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Got booked for a "burnout" too! Tue, 18 March 2003 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
isn't that only for nsw?
I'm fairly sure in other states (not sure about vic) that the penalties and demerit categories are different

regardless, max is probably right. 20km over will be 3 points

edit: my fine was $184 for 19km/h over ... and incredibly that's the only time I've been done

[Updated on: Tue, 18 March 2003 04:08]

ra23celicachick
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Got booked for a "burnout" too! Tue, 18 March 2003 04:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not too worried about points, I've only got 2 months left on my P's and haven't had a speeding ticket until now which is really suprising! I just put my foot into it to get up this steep hill and that's when they got me. I suppose I was lucky cause I was about to go into a 60 zone, if they waited it would have been off to court for me!!
anyway, it's just the $$$ which will bite. I'm not sure how much it will be but work on the other Celica is at a halt at the moment.
BrrRolla
Occasional Poster

March 2003
Re: Got booked for a "burnout" too! Fri, 04 April 2003 03:39 Go to previous message
I know a guy who was arrested on the spot for a burnout, went to court and lost his licence for 12 months. He had witnesses to. Blamed the locked diff and bald tyres in the wet weather! Didn't work though unfortunatly.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Looking for someone
Next Topic:brake upgrade
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 13 16:02:27 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0056049823760986 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.