Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » 'M' & '5ME' exhaust manifolds interchangeable?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
'M' & '5ME' exhaust manifolds interchangeable? Thu, 06 March 2003 23:12 Go to next message
Hello anyone know if an 'M' exhaust manifold from a Corona MKII would bolt up to a 5ME engine from a MS112 Crown?
  Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 'M' & '5ME' exhaust manifolds interchangeable? Thu, 06 March 2003 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm, well, you can bolt an MTEU exhaust manifold so a 5ME, so I'd assume it would be doable...
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 'M' & '5ME' exhaust manifolds interchangeable? Fri, 07 March 2003 01:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've got a 7mgte manifold if someone wants to buy one for a project while we're on the topic.
scottee78
Occasional Poster

November 2002
Re: 'M' & '5ME' exhaust manifolds interchangeable? Fri, 07 March 2003 02:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SUPRAGTE wrote on Fri, 07 March 2003 12:15

I've got a 7mgte manifold if someone wants to buy one for a project while we're on the topic.

if you had one with a to4 bolt pattern and wastegate, youd have my interest.... Cool
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 'M' & '5ME' exhaust manifolds interchangeable? Fri, 07 March 2003 04:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Which 'M'? Early or late? If it's an early M (1965-66 Crown motor) then no it won't. If it's a late M (1979-81), then yes it will.
EDIT: 7MGTE manifold will NOT bolt on to a 5ME, but it will bolt right up to a 5MGE.

[Updated on: Fri, 07 March 2003 04:13]

TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 'M' & '5ME' exhaust manifolds interchangeable? Fri, 07 March 2003 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Its a 73 MX10 I think?
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 'M' & '5ME' exhaust manifolds interchangeable? Fri, 07 March 2003 04:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry the Crown is MS112 1981.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: 'M' & '5ME' exhaust manifolds interchangeable? Fri, 07 March 2003 04:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ah, that's right they did make an M for the first Corona Mk2 too (MX10/12). No, that one will NOT exchange with the 5M. If you look at the Mk2 engine's rocker cover, you will see it is curvy. The MS112 rocker cover is boxy. The curvy rocker cover Ms are early series, whilst the boxy rocker cover Ms are late series. Unfortunately, none of the bolt on stuff interchanges.
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 'M' & '5ME' exhaust manifolds interchangeable? Fri, 07 March 2003 04:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
SUPRAGTE wrote on Fri, 07 March 2003 12:15

errrrr, paul, didnt i loan you that with the idea youd give it back once youd finished with it ???

ed
TurboRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 'M' & '5ME' exhaust manifolds interchangeable? Fri, 07 March 2003 05:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bugger means need to cut exhaust.. Ahh well not to worry, was just being lazy thinking the manifold might be able to stay in the car.

Thanks for your help!
SUPRAGTE
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 'M' & '5ME' exhaust manifolds interchangeable? Fri, 07 March 2003 07:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats another one ed
ed_ma61
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: 'M' & '5ME' exhaust manifolds interchangeable? Fri, 07 March 2003 08:27 Go to previous message
ok, no probs...

im in no rush for it, but just remember i do want it back 'one day'

Very Happy

cheers
ed
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Auto car, manual engine
Next Topic:ae92 rear drum to disc conversion
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 16 11:22:57 UTC 2024