Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Ice_majik
Regular

December 2002
Fun Run Thu, 27 February 2003 22:09 Go to next message
Many, many years ago as members of the Celica car club, we used to have fun runs. We would snake through suburbs of Brisbane following direction clues and answering questions to finally arrive at a park for a bbq get togeather and trophie presentation to the winners of the day. Very Happy
Everyone was given an envelope with the destination if they became lost, but were disqualified if they had to open it. Sad It was a great way to meet people and have some fun on a Sunday. I thought it would be good if ToyMods in Brisbane would get one happening. I can help with trophies and giving the general ideas of how it works. What do you all think?
  Send a private message to this user    
Blaze
Regular

December 2002
Re: Fun Run Thu, 27 February 2003 23:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like a good Idea. If you want a hand inorganising give us a tingle.
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Fun Run Fri, 28 February 2003 02:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds great but I dont drive Crying or Very Sad
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Fun Run Fri, 28 February 2003 08:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is no toymods club in brisbane, the called 'owners' of toymods will not allow a car club to be run out of NSW with their name on it with their consent

of course that dosnt mean it is illegal only QLD would not have their blessing, the exucse i was given when i tried to organise something with them was no cos of insurance but really it would be a seperate club with the same name and affiliation

also the point was made there is a celica club on the southside and why should anybody make an effort to organise another car club when that one already exists however inconvient it is for the northside folk

anyway, a fun run sounds great

cheers
wayne
Blaze
Regular

December 2002
Re: Fun Run Fri, 28 February 2003 08:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It's sinple. just call it the "QLD Toymods"
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Fun Run Fri, 28 February 2003 08:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sounds like a plan, i would be in for that

anybody else ?
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Fun Run Fri, 28 February 2003 09:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lets just call it a few people getting togeather for a bit of fun.
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Fun Run Fri, 28 February 2003 12:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
shane, that sounds like an orgy
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: Fun Run Fri, 28 February 2003 12:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nothing wrong with orgys Very Happy But it does save upsetting anyone!
Ice_majik
Regular

December 2002
Re: Fun Run Fri, 28 February 2003 22:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well okay , so Qld dont have a "Toymods Club" It doesnt have to be endorsed by them. Just an idea for Toyota members or non members to get out and do something for fun and a day out. Very Happy
We are gonna have to generate a little more interest first me thinks Confused
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fun Run Sat, 01 March 2003 00:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sounds like a good idea, except a club exactly like that already exists. It's currently called the Celica Car Club of Qld, but it's open to all Toyota owners and they're in the process of changing their name to reflect this: the Toyota Car Club of Australia, Queensland. If you're interested in "fun runs", cruises etc, you might want to give them a try. It's a shitload of work setting up and running a club, so why not join a group of like-minded people who have already gone through all that?
Blaze
Regular

December 2002
Re: Fun Run Sat, 01 March 2003 04:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats probabily the best solution. Are they affiliated to the toymods club?

I really wanted to go to this Tuesdays meeting mut I think I'll be half way to Gladstone by then. Oh well I Better try a bit harder next month.

Have they done a fun run before?
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fun Run Sat, 01 March 2003 05:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The Celica club has been organising the Toyota nationals in conjunction with ToyMods for the last 2-3 years, so yes they are affiliated in a way. As for "fun runs" (or navigation runs as we call them), they've been doing them pretty much since the club started in 1973.
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Fun Run Sat, 01 March 2003 06:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
its too bad that all of your meets have to be on the southside of brisbane, its is way too inconvenient for us 'norfies' to go through the city to get there

norbie, you cant go around knocking the idea of another toyota club just because there is already one operating, that dosnt mean that is the only one allowed in existance in brisbane, what about the 'norfies'

damn you 'soufies' Evil or Very Mad
Norbie
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Fun Run Sun, 02 March 2003 05:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No reason at all why you can't form your own club, I'm just telling you it's going to be a shitload of effort to set one up properly. If you're prepared to go thought all that pain, good on ya, but it's not for me!
celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Fun Run Sun, 02 March 2003 08:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i am prepared to go through some pain to create something worthwhile.....i think most people on these forums feel the same way about it, such is cars, such is life if you want something you have to go get it, nothing comes for free

i work most times 60 hours a week, while i can find a few hours a day for myself is bizarre the extra effort of driving to the dreaded southside is just not for me, if i lived closer i would be there with bells on and a 'arooooooga' horn for the ta22

anybody on the northside interested in creating another toyota club ?
Ice_majik
Regular

December 2002
Re: Fun Run Sun, 02 March 2003 09:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
How the heck did a fun run turn into "creating a Club"?
BigBadBenny
Regular

May 2002
Re: Fun Run Sun, 02 March 2003 10:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It doesn't matter at all to me. I live on both sides of Brisbane, So I'm constantly driving to and forth. I've been along to two celica club meetings now and am feeling the urge to join. It's not a strong urge but I want somewhere where ppl will appreciate a 9sec RA23 when I have finished building it. I'm only young so Forming a Car club it not a plan of mine.
I am already part of Demolay which takes up a bit of my spare time and I am going to start doing Soccer reffering this season so I'll be strapped for time.
Although I would love to go on a cruise where there is only '22, '23, and '28 in sight, I love my classic celica's.
Blaze
Regular

December 2002
Re: Fun Run Sun, 02 March 2003 11:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well if you don't like the way the celica club is run do what most people say. Join show some interest. put your hand up for a position in the club and change it to help make it a better club. I know I can't talk, I haven't been to a metting yet. but I've only know of it's existance for 2 months. I do think they should be meeting closer to the city anyway. Not just for our brothers on the northside but because it would be a nice cruise through the city at night with all those other Ceilcas. Oh yeah and the other toyota's that come too. Didn't mean to leave them out. (I had a corolla once too)

thetoyman75
Forums Junkie

Club President
I supported Toymods

May 2002

icon10.gif  Re: Fun Run Sun, 02 March 2003 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Guys,

Not trying to Hi-jack the thread here but there is some scattered discussion as to why Toymods has not got an official prescence in QLD.

Those of you who have had experince with Car clubs (Such as Norbie) will be well aware that with any register body there are legalities and limitations. The Toymods Car Club is Incorporated in NSW only. Each state of Australia requires seperate incorporation and has different legal requirements.

At present we are a NSW based club and cannot at this stage justify the expense or do we have the legs to operate a Toymods division in QLD. Beleive me we would like to but cannot at the moment.

As for the QLD Celica CLub, They are a club in there own right and are not actually affiliated with Toymods. However both clubs are in contact with each other when required and Toymods will be attending the Toyota Nationals this Year in support of the event they have organised.

Celicamad85 (Wayne) Mate if you cannot find the time to drive to the otherside of Brisbane then you do not have the time to create or assist in the creation of a new club. Just the legal/insurance side of things takes ALOT of effort and sure some people will choose to ignore this side of things but we car to much about the wellbeing of our members to opperate like that !

OH and there may soon well be another Toyota Club in QLD and Toymods are helping out were we can. Rolling Eyes

celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Fun Run Mon, 03 March 2003 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i can still help out where possible, for example car trailers etc. and i work at a sign factory where making stickers for free is possible Very Happy
feral4mr2
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Fun Run Mon, 03 March 2003 09:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Freaki cant see why there needs to be a club or anything for a group of toyota fans/owners to just organise to meet somewhere and go for a fun run/cruise...

meet up at a park, talk, look at each others cars etc. eat sausages and steak, onions and egg's and dont forget the bread...

as long as it was controlled (what i mean is that 'wankers', dont got spinning their tyres or racing each other in the street to cause unwanted attension)..
then there could be a fun get together on a regular basis for the people of brissie to enjoy.....

and who cares if you gotta drive across the city.. it isnt that big a drive.
and if you where a true enthusiast, you would do it twice just to go to a meet/get together..

celicamad85
Forums Junkie

Banned member

May 2002

Re: Fun Run Mon, 03 March 2003 10:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
very well spoken

so when is this fun run, last time i went to one of these meets there was only four cars, a ta22 a ra65 a ra40 some shitbox corolla and some holden apollo, lol

gotta generate more interest this time i think
3S-GE_Man
Regular

January 2003
Re: Fun Run Wed, 05 March 2003 11:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so where can i go to a celica club meeting, and probably join. Any info on it would be great.

Nezza Cool

[Updated on: Wed, 05 March 2003 12:03]

munki
Forums Junkie

October 2002
Re: Fun Run Fri, 07 March 2003 09:31 Go to previous message
im in as long as it's not forever away i.e sunny coast Razz are slow cars allowed?

Daniel
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Autobarn Qld Soundoff Series 2002
Next Topic:Dyno Issues
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Apr 19 06:43:38 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0058431625366211 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.