Toymods » General Car Talk » Read here if you want a hilux diff in a celica

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
willwal98
Regular

May 2002

Read here if you want a hilux diff in a celica Tue, 04 March 2003 00:30 Go to next message
Probably in most cars for around the same money but I got quoted for my RA23 (not that I need such a nice diff at the mo).

For a hilux diff, LSD and sigma disc brakes with internal hand brank drum (use existing hand brake setup) $1000 + $100 to fit it. In Toowoomba, anyone interested let me know and I can find out some more details.

BTW I am not affiliated with this company, I don't even remember the name. My mate has part ownership and has worked out a pretty good deal.
  Send a private message to this user    
sbyder
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Read here if you want a hilux diff in a celica Tue, 04 March 2003 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message

WOW! thats really cheap.
If i was keeping my beast i'd want that done.
Thanks for the info. champ. I'm sure that place will be busy very soon. Smile

Thanks
Ben
gold28
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Read here if you want a hilux diff in a celica Tue, 04 March 2003 02:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That sounds way too cheap.

I am guessing we have to supply both diffs. What about the LSD and brake parts, are they included in the $1000. If so what kind of LSD is he talking about.

If all is included I might need to make a trip up north later in the year for some Hilux action.
willwal98
Regular

May 2002

Re: Read here if you want a hilux diff in a celica Tue, 04 March 2003 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thats 1100 from wo to go or 1000 if for them to supply the complete diff with the lsd and disc conversion and mounts all welded up ready to bolt in according to my mate. Way cheap. I know the disk brake setup is out of a sigma. Just finding out about the lsd now.
gianttomato
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Read here if you want a hilux diff in a celica Tue, 04 March 2003 04:32 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That is remarkably cheap (in fact almost a little too cheap). I'd be interested to know a little more about the handbrake setup.
willwal98
Regular

May 2002

Re: Read here if you want a hilux diff in a celica Tue, 04 March 2003 04:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what would you like to know???
Tank
Regular

June 2002

Re: Read here if you want a hilux diff in a celica Tue, 04 March 2003 06:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
They wouldn't make one for a corona st141 would they by any chance???

didn't think so Sad

O well
littlepvan
Occasional Poster

February 2003
Re: Read here if you want a hilux diff in a celica Tue, 04 March 2003 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea ill take one of those diffs

get back to me if its confirmed... drive in drive out all supplied parts etc.

if so ill get it done 4 sure.
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Read here if you want a hilux diff in a celica Tue, 04 March 2003 11:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im interested....ALOT
FLY PSI
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Read here if you want a hilux diff in a celica Tue, 04 March 2003 11:09 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im also very intrested! what ratio will the LSD be?
blackRA28
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Read here if you want a hilux diff in a celica Sat, 08 March 2003 06:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
TANK.. where did you fnd the evo6 cop car in your avatar? dont think ive seen that pic before, hehe,
oh.. and yeh id love a hilux diff in my celica, i just dont live in the eastern states and i dont have a spare $1100... How much would you all think this setup(just the parts) is worth if you were trying to purchase the diff/kit to fit yourself??

Peace

Regular

May 2002

Re: Read here if you want a hilux diff in a celica Sat, 08 March 2003 08:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have asked to find out some more details on it, he's kinda slow but i'm sure i'll get them eventually. As for getting the parts and doing it yourself, there is a tutorial somewhere (i think on toymods) that goes step by step through it and it cost him about $1600. I think others have had it done for around $2000, so $1000 is really good price and I can understand why others are skeptical. (spelling?) But I have been told it's all reconditioned equipment and they do nice work but I haven't ever seen one done so I can't say for sure.
manipulate
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Read here if you want a hilux diff in a celica Sat, 08 March 2003 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not that im complaining about $1000
but if we do a group buy kinda thing is it possibly gonna be cheaper ??

Ta
Mani
littlepvan
Occasional Poster

February 2003
Re: Read here if you want a hilux diff in a celica Sat, 08 March 2003 09:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea they would want to, theres like 10 of us who are keen!
willwal98
Regular

May 2002

Re: Read here if you want a hilux diff in a celica Fri, 14 March 2003 11:40 Go to previous message
sorry for the long wait guys but I got an email address Rolling Eyes
if anyone wants to ask about more specs. He was planning on getting me specs written up but has been busy Laughing

heres the address - sneaky_performance@bigpond.com
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:AW11 mr2's rule the roost......
Next Topic:A $3k Paintjob
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 20 14:28:26 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0052409172058105 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.