Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » sx seca, minor rust repairs, bodyshop recommendation?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
dahashrat
Occasional Poster

September 2002
sx seca, minor rust repairs, bodyshop recommendation? Sun, 09 March 2003 13:20 Go to next message
Hello,
I've got an sx seca and it has started to develop a small amound of rust around where the windscreen meets the roof. I was hoping to get it fixed before it starts to get serious.

So, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a body shop that will do quality work. I live on the north shore near hornsby so somewhere near there will be good, but I'd be willing to travel Sydney wide for a good place.

Oh, and can someone give me an indication roughly of how much it would likely cost? I know it's hard to estimate these things, but someone must have had something similar done before.

Thanks people Smile
  Send a private message to this user    
Micbod
Regular

February 2003
Re: sx seca, minor rust repairs, bodyshop recommendation? Tue, 11 March 2003 05:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Francos at Wetherill Park are good.

They will also do a bit better on price if they know it will be a cash job..... Cool
plugger
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: sx seca, minor rust repairs, bodyshop recommendation? Wed, 12 March 2003 11:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey there,

Thornleigh Auto body do good work. It is nice and close to Hornsby (on Duffy ave just off pennant hills rd).
I had my first SX seca there back in 2000 for the exact same thing. They did a great job of the roof.
My second SX seca had the rust done before i bought it and i can safely say that it had a dodge job done on the roof.
dahashrat
Occasional Poster

September 2002
Re: sx seca, minor rust repairs, bodyshop recommendation? Wed, 12 March 2003 12:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Cheers for the replies fellas.

Plugger, as a matter of interest how much did it cost you to have your roof done in 2000?
plugger
Occasional Poster

May 2002

Re: sx seca, minor rust repairs, bodyshop recommendation? Sun, 16 March 2003 11:03 Go to previous message
Well i actually got it done as a favour because my car was in for insurance repairs and they found the rust when they went to replace the window ( FYI if it has started on the outside chances are there is alot more in the roof). I know the guy who organises the work up there and he did it as a returned favour. But i can tell you that they said it was about a $500 value, and i considered it to be a good job for that price.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:1jzgte cressida
Next Topic:Hub spindle sizes?
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri May 3 19:12:29 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0047049522399902 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.