Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » General Car Talk » Drags or Motorkhana?

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Drags or Motorkhana? Mon, 10 March 2003 05:21 Go to next message

Drags or Motorkhana?[ 38 vote(s) ]
1.Drags. 9 / 24%
2.Motorkhana. 8 / 21%
3.Neither, just the show & shine. 2 / 5%
4.Nothing, just going to spectate. 7 / 18%
5.I'm not even going! 12 / 32%

Ok, I was just wondering, of those of us going to the Toyota Nationals, what events is everyone planning on going in?
I've heard a few people mention the motorkhana, but I was planning on going in the drags. Like I mentioned in another thread, it'd be good to get a few of us down there so we can settle some scores. I can't think of a better place to do it. Smile
Although I don't want to miss out on all the fun if the majority of us will be at the motorkhana.

So who's doing what?

Send a private message to this user    
Cyber-punk
Forums Junkie

February 2003

Re: Drags or Motorkhana? Mon, 10 March 2003 08:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I voted not going...but its more a distance issue for me Razz

If i was i'd probably go the Motorkhana as i would like to shame myself out doing somthing more difficult than keeping straight Smile
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Drags or Motorkhana? Mon, 10 March 2003 08:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I voted drag, but i would like to do both
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Drags or Motorkhana? Mon, 10 March 2003 20:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
hmmmmmm imagines gt4 motorkhanering...

WOO HOO! look at the dirt fly!
dcving
Regular

May 2002

Re: Drags or Motorkhana? Mon, 10 March 2003 20:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drag racing for me, but also wouldnt have minded doing both
juzzo84
Forums Junkie

September 2002
Re: Drags or Motorkhana? Mon, 10 March 2003 22:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
mine is not going to be the fastest car there on the day but im going to race , and race i shall. my car will be coming on a trailer just in case she UMMMMM. breaks!!!!! Rolling Eyes
TheStitt
Forums Junkie

Membership Secretary

June 2002

Re: Drags or Motorkhana? Mon, 10 March 2003 22:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
As I mentioned before Joel

I'm going Motorkhana just because i can't be stuffed putting a tail shaft loop on the crown. I also would of liked to have done both but ripping it up in a padock sounds like fun to me.
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Drags or Motorkhana? Mon, 10 March 2003 22:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i havent voted yet..... Sad
with all this talk of compulsary tailshaft loops i can't be stuffed doing the drags... and im scared that the motorkhana will hurt my baby (or my driving in it)

ARG!! CANT DECIDE!!!
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
icon5.gif  Re: Drags or Motorkhana? Mon, 10 March 2003 23:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Does anyone know what the motorkhana course will be like?
Is it gonna be smooth? Or will it have potholes and ruts?

I'd love to enter, but my suspension isn't set up for anything but a smooth surface.
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Drags or Motorkhana? Tue, 11 March 2003 00:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bah, so much worry about a pissy tailshaft loop! They can't be that hard to chuck in!
It's also a handy peice of safety gear which I wouldn't complain about having, I'd certainly leave it in after the event.
I was just looking at my car & it would go in right under the front seats, so 8 seat bolts & 4 tailsfaft bolts later & the seats are out & the loop can be either bolted in or even just welded on I imagine.

Anyone keen to get together to do this?
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Drags or Motorkhana? Tue, 11 March 2003 02:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
umm there are like 6 courses of motorkhana, and after the first like 5 people id say the course will be pretty nice and soft...

after being chewed to the shit house...

cant wait to compete, im a first timer, so im a lil worried about losing it hard core, and stacking into a tree or something!

altho i seriously doubt that there will be trees anywhere near the courses
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: Drags or Motorkhana? Tue, 11 March 2003 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Im going the drags because as much fun as the motorkana looks I reckon I may have traction problems and over rev it and blow it or something stupid like that.

also I want to know what I can do down the quarter Smile

anyone else making the treck from the South? we could go convoy Cool

[Updated on: Tue, 11 March 2003 03:08]

Rolla Boy
Forums Junkie

Club Member

May 2002
Re: Drags or Motorkhana? Tue, 11 March 2003 08:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I voted for "Spectating Only"...

I think that'll be the option for me...
THE WITZL
Forums Junkie

Toymods Social Secretary

July 2002

Re: Drags or Motorkhana? Wed, 12 March 2003 00:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
drags are 1/8 mile, NOT 1/4 at the nationals....
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Drags or Motorkhana? Wed, 12 March 2003 03:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well it looks like ill be doin drags now...

because motorkhana has been cancelled
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: Drags or Motorkhana? Wed, 12 March 2003 07:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Thats right Id forgotten about that Embarassed

The motorkana cancelled, whats that all about?
thunderbird1
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Drags or Motorkhana? Thu, 13 March 2003 00:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
oh damn have a cry... i just cant wait to get to the nationals and catch up with all the people from a few years ago. If you've never been, you would not understand the atmosphere of cold nights, great friends, smell of hi octane fuel, angry farmers hehe (paul), and just the best fun in cars ever.

Luke
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: Drags or Motorkhana? Thu, 13 March 2003 00:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol ill cry all i want!

but yeah ive never been but presonally.. id still be goin if they didnt have any events.. just toyotas from all over wreaking havoc in dubbo! hehe
BigWorm
Forums Junkie

Toymods Board Member
I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: Drags or Motorkhana? Thu, 13 March 2003 10:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Haha, well, I guess that decides it for everyone!

This can only mean one thing, A TOYMODS 1/8 MILE SHOOTOUT!!!!

Who is game?
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: Drags or Motorkhana? Thu, 13 March 2003 10:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ill take ya's all on Evil or Very Mad (if I can get my car to run Embarassed )
GEE120
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

June 2002

Re: Drags or Motorkhana? Thu, 13 March 2003 11:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm up for it
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Drags or Motorkhana? Thu, 13 March 2003 12:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well get those entry forms in
get em here
http://www.toyota-nationals.org.au/index.htm

LUKE had some fun times before cant wait to do it all again

this time i wont throw a fan belt though

hey ill throw in another incentive a free beer to anyone that beats the Cressida's best time( i expect to be giving a few away!!) . And a yak a few of my famous war stories (all true!!!) well mostly

Simon Koning of the celica acar club of QLD can supply custom tailshaft loop for Celica /Corollas for $60 contact him on 0438 694 626
Alchemist
Forums Junkie

January 2003
Re: Drags or Motorkhana? Thu, 13 March 2003 13:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Sorry abit new to all this. Whats the point of a tail shaft loop? Rolling Eyes
Nark
Forums Junkie

May 2002
      Nark@toymods.net/Work
Re: Drags or Motorkhana? Thu, 13 March 2003 23:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
You any good at pole vaulting? Very Happy
TOY77
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Drags or Motorkhana? Fri, 14 March 2003 05:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah i'll be ready for you Joel!!!!

i'm at the drags....
Got a tailshaft loop on the way from simon.

Too easy to fit... seats out, drill a couple holes, tighten nuts, seats back in. Bout 20 mins for anyone with a clue...

Cheers
Stew
TE72_Turbo
Forums Junkie

May 2002

Re: Drags or Motorkhana? Sun, 16 March 2003 11:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what is different about simon's tailshaft loops compared to the universal fit ones that are commonly available?

reason i ask is that if his will fit snugly because its made for the celica tunnel size, then its obviously money well spent, otherwise I'd rather get one locally to save the hassle Smile

cyber-punk: whats the deal with "something more difficult than holding it straight?" Are you driving miss daisy or something? It aint just a matter of holding the loud pedal down till you cross the finish line....... but having said that, i was really looking forward to the motorkhana too!
celicamad
Forums Junkie

June 2002
Re: Drags or Motorkhana? Sun, 16 March 2003 12:46 Go to previous message
actaully thats a comment you hear often "its only a matter of keeping it straight".

People who say this obviuosly have never driven a high powered car .Try holding a 200++ rwkw cressida with an open diff straight after accidently launching it at 2800 insted of 2700 RPM .you CAN do it but only if you clean your drivers side window first

My old cordia turbo (189 h.p @ wheels)would lane change if you short shift to second at full throttle

Its quite common to see two different drivers get times of almost 1 second apart same car same track same day etc

Most amateur drivers over rev 1st gear if not all gears ( thats why i drive an auto)

Remember girls this an 1/8 th mile run that's about 202 ( i think)Metres .
big turbo cars do most of their work in the second half of the 1/4 mile .

This event is going to favour good car setup and good driving
1/8th mile is for true quick street cars

On the street anything after the 1/8th is too late .

Tailshaft loop is to stop you trying to jack the car up by forcing the tailshaft into the ground at 100 kph .

even better is when they break near the diff this usually remodels the rear floor pan quite nicley .

a tailshaft loop lets it rattle around without trying to pole vault the car or turn a four door into a two door

Sorry we dont make the rules CAMS and ANDRA do so we have to follow them
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Rollaclub Website
Next Topic:crashed diablo pics... what a waste...
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Fri Mar 29 04:57:35 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.006554126739502 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.