Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Tech & Conversions » How similar is a 2JZ Aristo 1/2 cut to a 1JZ chaser 1/2 cut (for conversion into Cressida)

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Burns
Occasional Poster

June 2002
icon5.gif  How similar is a 2JZ Aristo 1/2 cut to a 1JZ chaser 1/2 cut (for conversion into Cressida) Sat, 15 June 2002 16:04 Go to next message
I am trying to find how similar the 2JZ Aristo is to the 1JZ Chaser and weather it would be much harder to use an Aristo ½ cut than a Chaser ½ cut to do a conversion into an mx83 Cressida. From what I have heard they both use a front sump configuration but im not sure about much else.

So far it seems that the easiest and way is to use a JZX81 Chaser front cut (i.e. Jap Spec Cressida) which comes with a 1JZGTE, and basically swap everything directly over. I have been told that everything all hoses, radiator, air con, power steering etc all fit strait in. And I am hoping that it might be a similar story for the 2JZ Aristo.

Thanks

[Updated on: Sat, 15 June 2002 16:05]

Send a private message to this user    
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: How similar is a 2JZ Aristo 1/2 cut to a 1JZ chaser 1/2 cut (for conversion into Cressida) Sun, 16 June 2002 09:34 Go to previous message
Probably not with the Chaser just being a different model of the same car, whereas the Aristo is a totally different car. May be worth it if you really want a 2JZGTE though...
  Send a private message to this user    
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:Minimum cost of 1G --> RA65
Next Topic:(more!) questions for yogi
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 19 12:06:32 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0037791728973389 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.