Toymods Car Club
www.toymods.org.au
F.A.Q. F.A.Q.    Register Register    Login Login    Home Home
Members Members    Search Search
Toymods » Track Talk » If anyone says toyotas arent tough...

Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Mon, 20 January 2003 12:09 Go to next message
Id had my stock 83 supra for a couple of months and i was on my way to school this one morning when one of my mates pulled out in front of me. I thought that rather than overtake him Id try to beat him by taking a different route, over Menglers Hill. (the tour down under rides over this hill in a couple of days time when it goes through the barossa)
Anyway I was flying along this windy road making really good time untill i got to this really sharp windy section coming back down the hill ( the bikes go up this side ).
Unfortunatly A combination of a bald outside rear tread, a wet patch on the road and going stupidly fast caused me to get a little oversteer. I very quickly realised that I had no chance of regaining control so I just tried to spin out into the the middle of the road. Unfortunatly I felt the car hit gravel and knew that I was screwed even before I hit the guardrail. I sat there with the motor still running, against the rail thinking I just did a 180 and hit a guardrail at about 80 or 90 clicks, Ive just written off my third party only insured car.
my nose was still well on the road so i put her into gear and slowly let the clutch out, the supra started to move without making any weird noises. I drove slowly to the bottom of the hill growing slightly more confident os every thing felt quite normal. When I got to the bottom and pulled off into a safe place i got out of the car still expecting to see the back smashed up and those precious rear lights in peices. to my utter disbelief and delight the only damage done was a scrape on the rear bumper and a small kink in a rear quarter panel, I was stoked. When I got to school and my mates saw the damage and one of them said "i bet your pissed off" I replied "nope" and told them my story.
  Send a private message to this user    
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Tue, 21 January 2003 01:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did the same thing in my mk2 supra ... lost control at 110 km/hr, spun it 180, ripped a fence out of the ground, and spun another 90 degrees. (this was a heavy-duty fence, not some picket fence thing)

the only damage, a cracked front bumper
rdraginrolla
Regular

July 2002
Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Tue, 21 January 2003 02:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My friend was hammering his 84 Celica to TAFE a few years back cos we were late. Came up to a left hander too hot and locked up (in the dry), and slid straight into a corner warning sign, then into a fence with wooden pole and barbed wire running thru it.

my friends Celica hit the pole head on. got on, while the owner of the fence looked on, untangle the barded wire from the tyre, and took off.

only damage was some minor scratches down the side of the quarter panel which were polished out. and no ding in the bumper with hit a sign and pole, at like 50-60 ks i think.

day got tong bumpers day do dose doyotas. Razz
rvrolla
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Tue, 21 January 2003 05:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Quote:

only damage was some minor scratches down the side of the quarter panel which were polished out. and no ding in the bumper with hit a sign and pole, at like 50-60 ks i think.

It did crack the front left indicator Rolling Eyes Embarassed Razz
Classique71
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Tue, 21 January 2003 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive had two small incidents in my ta22

first one was being cut off by a rx3 in the wet - resulting in me spinning 180 degrees then totally knocking a guard rail clear from the ground ( trated pine rail ) no damage bar a scuff on the bonnet - and a very shaky passenger ..

Second was An at fault - tailended a magna - Celica needed an new front bumper an an indicator - a lick of paint and about an hours tinkering to align stuff - all up cost $200 dollars
magna came by far second best - 3500 damage done to it ( eek )

my cars still perfectly drivable - the bumper took most of the knock - and for that i LOVE steel ..

Old cars rule - new plastic fantastics are moneypiits for repairs to panels
Supraman
Occasional Poster

June 2002
Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Tue, 21 January 2003 08:58 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was backing my 84 Supra out from under the house at night time and didn't realise that my brother had parked his 83 RX7 out the front. 5km rolling and BANG! Crying or Very Sad I hit his car. I thought, shit what did I hit. Anyway $1500 damage to his car, my car, no damage what so ever. I was more pissed off cause I hit his car and would have to pay $800 excess. Crying or Very Sad

Darren

84 Supra 7MGTE
84 Supra 5M-E
wannatoy
Regular

July 2002
Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Wed, 22 January 2003 12:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ahh the memories

i once came hammering around in my KE30 rolla 2dr in the wet and lost the rear in oversteer (not due to the power but it was the crappy retreads)... then i lifted off it came around the way... ended smacking up onto the gutter and on the nature strip. Expected my steering arms and alignment to be stuffed BUT upon inspection.... there were no probs whatsover

another incident was where my brake lines busted.... and i used a street sign to stop. dented the front bumper and bonnet.... bought the parts all up for $150 and installed 'em myself... bewdiful

not so lucky with cheap repairs now with a 2002 model GLE Golf Sad
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Thu, 23 January 2003 10:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I said that toyotas are tough, old beetles are the only tough VW's Very Happy
alwaysRA23
Forums Junkie

August 2002
Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Sun, 26 January 2003 07:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a friend of mine had like a 76 honda civic... it was such an awesome car... it so light on the steering... we could out turn anyone!!!! it was unbelievable..

anyways. we used to try to actually break this car... i mean... throwing the hand brake and aiming for gutters....

the lil bitch just kept on goin...

eventually you couldnt even drive up hills because the clutch was so busted from burnouts.... hehe we used to call it the wombat on wheels...

it was an awesome car.... lasted about 8 months of brutality...

but as god as my witness it was the best 100 bucks anyone could have eva spent!
Fat_KE70
Regular

October 2002
Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Tue, 28 January 2003 10:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
http://www.iban3z.org/sigma-galant/modules/gallery/albums/album22/aai.jpg

This was head on into a pole at about 80 k's, knocked the pole out(me too) and did even worse to the car... bye bye 4age, hello big insurance bills for the next 10 years till i get a rating back!
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Tue, 28 January 2003 11:07 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ouch Confused
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Thu, 06 February 2003 11:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
i smacked a children's zone pole at 90km/h ....

my ra65s bumper kinked a little... the pole was at 90 degrees ! Surprised
justcallmefrank
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Fri, 07 February 2003 01:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
What were you doing 90kph in a childrens zone for? Was that when you had the accident before?

My Celica aquaplaned, mounted a curb about 50/60kph and smacked into a sign, about the same size as a Keep Left sign. Sign was bent so it was about 30 degrees from the ground. Reversed off and drove aroudn the corner to inspect the damage.

One dent in the stone guard from the hard hit against the curb, and one tiny paint scratch from taking out the sign. Very Happy
Les
Forums Junkie

May 2002
icon13.gif  Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Fri, 07 February 2003 03:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
doing a dayto powerslide - (yeh the accident Smiley =
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Sun, 09 March 2003 15:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
A few times i've been lucky, late night industrial areas in the rain and losing control around s-bends at 90-100 km/h, spinning out and not hitting anything... Toyotas are tough and lucky Smile
toycelica77
Regular

February 2003
Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Tue, 11 March 2003 07:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kink in back 1/4 panel?? did you check forchassis damage??
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Tue, 11 March 2003 10:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yea the roof is fautless as is the rest of the panel work, no signs of stress anywhere on the car. I was pretty lucky Smile
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Fri, 14 March 2003 23:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
ive never lost a car on the road. have on the track plenty of times. the reason you loose the cars besides very exeptional situations like a car pulling out in front of you or the like, is because you dont know how to drive. you are actually worse than the old people out there because your car can do the speed but you cant. i dont mind accidents were cars pull out in front of you and you try and avoid it and crash or damage the car{ ive had to do it in a mates 4gze sprinter when a dickhead lost it in front of me in the wet. thank god i only hit one of the short road signs at low speed on meadian strip}. but ones that do it because they are over driving there car for there ability and i mean 99% of drivers driving hard as most really dont know how to drive propely they just think they can. because there is alot more to driving fast than turning the wheel. a large portion of the race drivers in australia{or the world for that matter} cant drive properly so what chance has a P plater or someone with a few years exeriance? if you think otherwise you are an idiot. if you would like me to explain in more detail just ask. but take note you have been warned if i catch you doing something stupid like the aboves be prepared to take a trip to hospital and get you jaw wired{ive done it before a couple of times and ill do it again im sure}, because i have a wife that drives my kids about so i dont tolerate idiots lightly. you have been luck and it just pure luck that you hit a guard rail and not another car and if you killed that person there is no diffrence between that and someone walking into your house putting a gun to your mothers head and pulling the trigger is there? think about it im sure you will change you way of thinking, if you are a smart person.
i dont mind people putting there own life in danger but when they do it in a place were there is even a slight chance they could hurt someone else then they need to have a good hard look at themselves and there values. if you dont care what you do to other people let me know and im happy to meet and show you how i like to ajust attitudes . i drive faster than most people ever will but i only drive 8/10ths on the street which leaves me alot of room for the unexpected.
mick
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Sat, 15 March 2003 00:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sat, 15 March 2003 00:15]

7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Sat, 15 March 2003 00:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I understand completely about what you are saying about skill levels and the like, you have a valid point. However I strongly resent the comments about killing others, the road that this incident occurred upon was completely deserted and at no point was there any chance of another vehicle or person being harmed. I never do anything even vaguely dangerous if I have a passenger and I would have had no hesitations in going straight into the guard rail head on if that had been necessary to avoid an oncoming vehicle.
You do not know the exact logistics of this particular accident or the road I was traveling on so please be careful what you say and who you say it to.
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Sat, 15 March 2003 00:35 Go to previous messageGo to next message
lol im 6,2 and 110kg i dont have to becareful what i say to anyone! your welcome to come to the shop and meet me and see why.
so let me get this straight. you lost control of the car but if there was a car coming the other way you could have moved out of the way. god fuck me dead you dip stick if you could have done that Michael Schumacher would be asking you to drive his car for him. you have to have a huge amount of skill and experiance{one and the same thing} to make even a small amount of change to a cars direction when it is out of control and as you where on your way to school you dont have either. unless its a private road there is evry chance a car could be coming the otherway even out west you still get roads that might only get one car a day but thats still a car and you can do nothing about it mid corner 100+ on anything but a divided road. get the drift?
and the worst part you dont even relise you are doing it in an average maintained car at best with bald tyre. my car is on the hoist atleast once a week for a going over. i change wheel bearings about every 50k etc there is no way in hell you will justify it to me unless you are in a paddock or a private road etc
mick
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Sat, 15 March 2003 00:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
My car never even went onto the wrong side of the road and what I am saying is that if another car had been coming the other way I would not have tried to do anything, I could have simply hit the brakes and gone straight into the rail without any chance of hurting anyone but myself and maybe a sheep if it was really unlucky. Once again you shouldnt be judging when you dont know the exact circumstances.

and mate, 4 kilos and and 1 inch isnt going to give you a hell of an advantage
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Sat, 15 March 2003 01:29 Go to previous messageGo to next message
but 4kg and 1inch is plenty when dealing with a school kid!haha
been a year or so since ive been down to SA to check on my folkes 2 vineyards in McLAREN VALE for them. but most of the adults i meet down there are great people and pretty good drivers. thanks for the heads up ill make sure i keep an eye out for out of control school kids coming at me. then again i wont have to worry, because theyll be able to move there out of control cars to miss me. no wonder all the best race drives come from SA though i cant even think of one, they already know from school age how to control an out of control car. always thought out of control ment just what it states. sorry just have this vision in my head of a school kid loosing the car and screaming with his hands on his head!
mick
7mgte83
Regular

January 2003
Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Sat, 15 March 2003 07:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Unfortunately there are none on this forum who know me personally who could tell you how far off you are on all counts. You obviously have a set image in your mind (however wrong that image may be) of the type of person that I am and without meeting me I doubt these views will change. I finished year twelve last year and I am hoping to get to a few interstate Toyota meets this year, so hopefully we can have a chat over a couple of beers some time and Ill have a chance to rectify your misconceptions.

Believe me, a mental picture of me screaming with my hands on my head would make quite a few people laugh including me Laughing
If you ever get to know me I think you will see how ludicrous the above statements are.

draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Sat, 15 March 2003 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm with ou on this one
theone time I lost control, was in norwest buisness park.. only other 2 cars in the entire place were 2 other guys caning with me behine me (well behind me) so there was no danger
as I've said, it was my fault. I drove my supra like it was a celica, and expected it to handle the same. when it didn't, crashed. Was a valuable lesson before I got 300bhp kicking me along
now I treat the car with the respect it deserves
katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Mon, 17 March 2003 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
seeing as kingmick doesnt know you.. i wouldnt take offense to it.. hes making a generalisation..

no surprise.. someone who states their size and weight and suggests that people will be getting their jaw wired...
heh. i could do that too.. but i dont make it a policy to go about threatening people.. because i KNOW what i can do to someone.. but there is no point in advertising it to everyone..
or threatening them.. does nothing for other peoples opinion of you.

why would we be afraid of a 6'2 110kg person?
thats about my size.. not quite my weight though..
big deal.

mick, dont go threatening people.. i seriously doubt that anyone on here is dumb enough to let themselves lose it and kill someone.. they dont really want to lose it and damage their cars anyway.. but if they did, then they would be aiming to stop the car.. but not in someone else's car.

as for 7mgte83.. i've seen him.. and he is careful. not the sort of person who would put others in danger.. to say the least..
and im not stalking him either Razz

I came from the UK, one of the hardest places to drive because of the traffic, and i came here.. and trust me.. there are SOME good drivers in SA.. but not all the good ones come from there.. I've seen good drivers all over australia... and the UK.
however, seeing as Americans drive on the wrong side of the road.. i cant figure them out.

You aren't coming across well to other people.. but you dont know their skill or their personality.

Just chill, the guys here are responsible.. they know what they are in for.

Peace
Katsuchiyo
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Mon, 17 March 2003 04:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
In reply to :
"but take note you have been warned if i catch you doing something stupid like the aboves be prepared to take a trip to hospital and get you jaw wired{ive done it before a couple of times and ill do it again im sure}, because i have a wife that drives my kids about so i dont tolerate idiots lightly."

I appreciate that you have a wife and kids and so on... but...

I had some wanker approach me for "speeding" (50 in a 50 zone in 1st gear to be exact)...

he threatned me to slow down, I told him I wasn't over the limit but he didn't listen, he threanted to attack me and he's a lucky man, I had my bro in the car and I was right outside my grandmas house (looking for a place to park). Why was he lucky? he sounds like he was about your height n that, I was considering sending him to hospital with my clublock, and sending his mate to hospital with the shovel I had in the back of my car (I was helping my grandma with some gardening).

I guess actually you raise a good point, I'm gonna go down to Samurai in nunnawadding on wednesday to get me a sword to carry around in the car just incase some hero wants to try and send me to hospital.
katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Mon, 17 March 2003 04:49 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LOL..

$300 will get you a cheap one that will do the job if you have it sharpened.. Smile
costs about $40-$50 to get sharpened..

or you can get a resonable one for $500.. and good ones for about 1.5k.

Smile
Just in case you were serious Smile

i dont see why people need to threaten people, its a waste of time and engery that could be put to doing something constructive... like a conversion.

Peace
Katsuchiyo
kingmick
Forums Junkie

Banned by his request

July 2002
Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Mon, 17 March 2003 05:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not the type of thing you want flying around in an accident is it{sword}! best one for male or female to have in there car is a fire ex{get a metal bracket type if you can}. one of the small one proplery mounted is good in a fire, both for your car or another and i can tell you from experience at the race track that even a hit of the powder gets in your lungs it very hard to breathe. we had a fire in one of the racecars in the pits{one of a few times} and one of the crew sprayed it under the bonnet and i copped some straight down my lungs. my wife now carries one as do i for fires etc. if you think about it its the best thing going.
people read what i have wrote and then put it in the right context and it will make sense, as i was genralizing not talking specific, but i mean what said. i dont mean knock someone out for a burn-out or sideways etc in empty car parks and the like. thats how you learn to control are car. reread what i have said, and dont take serious, things that have haha or lol beside them.
mick
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Mon, 17 March 2003 10:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just watch snatch for what happens when you have a crash with a sword in the car Smile

my general idea is to avoid those confrontations. if they get out of their car to come abuse me, wait till they come up nice and close then drive off, leave them feeling stupid.
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Mon, 17 March 2003 18:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
katsuchiyo,
Last time I was down there you could get a pov pack straight sword for about $130.. $140 for mat black blade!

Correct on the conversation thing too, but it's true, toyotas are tough.

But I've had people threaten me for thinking I've done something stupid (like someone pulled out and I swirved into the wrong side of the road, I'd been driving for a week, I didn't know what to do) and a few other things...

meh, the worlds so messed up we should all be like more friendly or something, no use adding fuel to fire.
katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Tue, 18 March 2003 01:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Shinai swords?
Wakizashi?
or katanas?

they will make a big difference in the price..

most good samurai or ninjitsu swords will come in at $500+.
other than that, wakizashi are smalled blades.. and it does depend on what the sword is made out of..

most swords are made from 440 Stainless steel.. makes them harder to sharpen...

real swords are made from folded carbons-steel... means they are more flexible, but they hold a permanant edge.. those are the real ones.. and are worth much more... though they can break easier.. if you are into the "catch the enemy sword against my blade"... (when you should be pushing it aside..)

anyway... i've babbled enough.

Peace
katsuchiyo
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Tue, 18 March 2003 04:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
a proper katana (or wakazashi for that matter) cost LOTS, and for most people a sharpened stainless sword is more practical (doesn't snap if you use it wrong)
katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Tue, 18 March 2003 05:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
*nods* yup.

the 440's are hard to break..
the carbons are easier...
good ones are real expensive.. like.. a car expensive..
Smile
fOOZ86
Regular

May 2002
Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Tue, 18 March 2003 11:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm not exactly sure, I just remember the "cheapo" swords i used at kevin hawthorn ages ago. I got to use a hand made (i think) one, it was.. beautifully balanced, so sleek, such perfection in something so simple.

but either way, a swords a sword, this isn't the edo age of japan Very Happy
katsuchiyo
Regular

December 2002

Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Tue, 18 March 2003 13:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
yeah.. i guess so.
my life is tied up in all that.. so i know a bit more.. i'd love to have an edo sword..
or to be able to carry it about Very Happy

peace
Katsu
Mk2supraman
Occasional Poster

June 2003
Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Wed, 25 June 2003 04:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I did a good one about a year ago I hit two hondas and a mazda in one lick. Wound up costing my insurance alot since two of them had to be towed away. I guess i was in shock cause after i did it i kind of laughed about it. I drove my car away but needed 2 fenders a bumper and a hood oops. o well i hit the honda so hard it inflated the airbags. but didn't get hurt just spilled a can of big red in my lap and the seat and the windshield and the roof.
torque
Regular

May 2003
Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Fri, 27 June 2003 11:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Kingmick - you race, right?

So do you mean you drive 8/10's of what you do on the track, on the street? You're joking yourself if you think this leaves you alot of room for the unexpected..

Step back and take stock man - anytime you turn the key, and take your car on the road you are putting yourself in a position to possibly injure/maim/kill someone else.
Sounds to me like you think you are perfect - and you think you can get away with it cause you are 6'2 and 110kg - big deal mate.
Sounds like an attitude problem.

You may pick up a bit of attitude from me here - but if there is one thing I hate it is people that think they have the right to put people in hospital - what gives you the right?
quote:
"be prepared to take a trip to hospital and get you jaw wired{ive done it before a couple of times and ill do it again im sure}"
Do it again and again mate (if that's what ring's your bell) - for sure one day you will run into someone that puts you in hospital, unless you're Jacky Chan as well as being Nigel Mansel!
RobST162
Forums Junkie

April 2003
Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Sat, 28 June 2003 05:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sheesh, some angst in this thread!

I would DEARLY love to get some track time and some helpful skills under my belt, and although I have been driving on a farm since I was like 12, I am by no means an expert.

But getting to the track costs money, mechanically and for the day + licenses and insurance etc, and when I am at uni I am lucky to pay for my green slip, let alone track days.

I totally spun out once after I had 'de-lowered' my car on the way to Avoca (windy thin road for those who know it) - and toyotas are incredibly tough. I didn't enjoy it, but I wish I was as fortunate as you kingmick to be so good and skillful, but I am not, and I do the best I can with what I have to keep everyone safe around me.

Kingmick, instead of sending people to hospital maybe you can lobby the government to fund additional subsidised driver training days where those of us who are not so experienced can learn all the intricate details of control under speed.

I would be excited about that Smile
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Tue, 01 July 2003 17:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
jeez

get over yourselves you big "tuffies" Laughing Rolling Eyes
a friggin dwarf man could put you all in hospital if he wanted
...thats if hes a crazy dwarf man with a sawnoff 12 gauge

"An eye for eye only ends up making the whole world blind"
tisk tisk to all you violent macho-men
MRSTICKYICKY
Newcomer

July 2003
Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Sat, 05 July 2003 01:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
"no good drivers have come out of s.a."
what a crock of shit!
what about denzo the great?
sure he doesn't race but he can throw a car round like a friggin rag doll and keep it off the wall, he is the best driver in oz atm and he is from Adelaide.
kingmick u r seriously trickin urself bro.
ae86drift
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

August 2002

Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Sat, 05 July 2003 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
denzo aint that great
sure hes not a bad drifter, but hes full of himself at times
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Sat, 05 July 2003 03:52 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'd be full of myself if I was that good too Razz

I'll jump in the boat, and say that while I'd love to be able to get on the track a few times a month, I'm just not that rich. So instead I go to big, deserted roads at night, and push my car little by little there. if I see headlights coming, I drive normally till they're gone. I figure that's a better option than driving around in a 300hp car not knowing how it handles, and how to get myself out of trouble (like a slide, oversteer, etc)
DiZ_
Forums Junkie

May 2003

Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Sat, 05 July 2003 06:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well last night I killed a round about with my mighty AE92, mind you this round about was pretty big , not one I would even consider driving over in normal circumstances , but a dark street and no warning lights didn't help.

Well after smacking the bugger hard and getting out to inspect the damage , all I can see damaged is the stock rim is a little dented. Guess having marshmellow shocks can be a good thing Very Happy
xxaccoxx
Regular

April 2003
icon10.gif  Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Sat, 05 July 2003 14:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
steel and glass = breakable
human body = delicate
male ego = FRAGILE
Laughing
lang
Forums Junkie

June 2003
Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Sun, 06 July 2003 13:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
draven wrote on Mon, 17 March 2003 21:18

my general idea is to avoid those confrontations. if they get out of their car to come abuse me, wait till they come up nice and close then drive off, leave them feeling stupid.

HAHAHA, i love that, making someone look stupid is always more satisfying than hurting them

i might try that method for next time, thanks!
Shteeve
Regular

July 2002

Re: If anyone says toyotas arent tough... Mon, 07 July 2003 03:47 Go to previous message
"what about denzo the great?"

pfft

anyone with hours of track time and cars with $$$$set ups can drift... where did denzo come in the drift comp??? and who owned everyone with a stock car to come second???
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:4AG Corolla 87' Vs 94 Vtec Civic
Next Topic:300ZX
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Sun May 12 19:46:23 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0069282054901123 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.