Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Here we go again - 4AGZE pulley Sat, 15 March 2003 06:48 Go to next message
Guys, i know this is always asked, but I'm considering purchasing a NEVO pulley for my 4AGZE'd sprinter. I just need to know from fellow GZEers if the pulley does infact effect the engine, and what harm does it do in the long run (if it does have any effect). I've heard that it ruins the timing of the water pump etc and it will harm the supercharger. Is this true? What needs to be done to correct the usage of the pulley?

cheers
  Send a private message to this user    
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Here we go again - 4AGZE pulley Sun, 16 March 2003 01:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
It pretty much reduces the life of the supercharger. I have a 175mm pulley on mine, running 14psi, and its all been fine, no problems at all with it, but then its only been on there for about 5 months.
ae86slaver
Forums Junkie

February 2003
Re: Here we go again - 4AGZE pulley Sun, 16 March 2003 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I'm considering purchasing the exact same pulley. What is included in the kit, and are there anything else that need to be changed?

My mechanic says that a smaller than stock pulley will give more boost -I think i'm getting a headache!

how much power gain is there with the NEVO? --and i've heard it's pretty insane with the bigger pulley!
Seca Boy
Occasional Poster

December 2002
Re: Here we go again - 4AGZE pulley Mon, 17 March 2003 03:59 Go to previous messageGo to next message
LadySX, can I ask how much more fuel you end up using with the bigger pulley? and what kind of drving do you do?

Thanks,

PS: white SX's rule! Razz
sprinterboy4agze
Regular

March 2003
Re: Here we go again - 4AGZE pulley Mon, 17 March 2003 04:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
if u put a smaller supercharger pulley than u can go a little faster but putting a smaller engine pulley.. it doesnt work like that if you contact john at nevo pulleys his happy to answer any question regarding nevo pulleys his email addy is jharris@netspace.net.au
sikmr2
Regular

January 2003
Re: Here we go again - 4AGZE pulley Mon, 17 March 2003 13:37 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Nevo 175mm pulley kit comes complete with pulley, belt and smaller idler pulley plus new timing pointer. Everything you need is in the kit.
john sends the items quickly and is more than happy to answer ya qestions.
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Here we go again - 4AGZE pulley Wed, 19 March 2003 10:47 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mine isnt actually a Nevo one. Mine is some no name aftermarket one from Japan. I just changed the crank pulley, one idler pulley and the belt when I did mine. It now boosts to about 13psi or 14psi on a really good night. Petrol, well I get about 400km to a tank when the car is running right, and i dont exactly drive it within the speed limits Wink
sprinterboy4agze
Regular

March 2003
Re: Here we go again - 4AGZE pulley Wed, 19 March 2003 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
so how much was this aftermarket one? did u get the belts and new timming pointer as well? how long did u have to wait for it?
LadySX
Regular

May 2002
Re: Here we go again - 4AGZE pulley Thu, 20 March 2003 02:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I got it from a wreckers, so I didnt have to wait. Purchased the idler pulley and belt on my own, so no waiting for me Smile
sprinterboy4agze
Regular

March 2003
Re: Here we go again - 4AGZE pulley Thu, 20 March 2003 03:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
what car or motor is it off? i heard you can put a pulley of an ea falcon what idler did you use whered you get it of?
wagonboy
Regular

August 2004
Re: Here we go again - 4AGZE pulley Sun, 10 October 2004 15:09 Go to previous message
No Message Body

[Updated on: Sun, 10 October 2004 15:10]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:KE35 Steering Wheel
Next Topic:URGENT : ST165 - need quick fix
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Mon May 20 05:34:28 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0041739940643311 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.