Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
thefastj
Regular

January 2003
easiest way to wire up a loom Tue, 18 March 2003 03:48 Go to next message
i've just got a Crown half-cut for an engine transplant and am wondering on the best way to wire the whole thing up, as i plan to do it myself...

there is sooo much sh*t in the loom that came with it i am thinking it would probly be easier to just make a new one..

all the sh*t on it that i don't need is:
* traction control
* ABS
* air-con
* electronic seats
* electronic steering wheel adjustment
* airbag? suspension
* ALL the lights/driving lights/indicators (will do these seperate.
* all the electronic sh*t inside (cd/cassette/other screen?)
* wipers
* climate control shtuff everywhere
* and the dash is ALL electronic and i'm getting guages

so yeah, what is the best way to go about this??

thanks!
  Send a private message to this user    
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: easiest way to wire up a loom Tue, 18 March 2003 06:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
If its anything like the GT4 every thing will be wired through 1 big loom which goes out through the passenger side all the way around the front and back in the drivers side!
But what I did was cut the loom where it enters the drivers side and then pull all the tape off the loom! After this I found the plug that goes to the light switches and then traced where all those wires go and then chopped them out! I did this for everything until I have only the wires that go to the ecu from the engine! I didnt even have a fuse box connected!
After I had all that shit removed and out of the way, I pulled the rest of the loom out and neatly spread it on a large table.
Now using a wireing diagram I traced every wire from the ecu makeing sure that the wire went to where it should be! For the fuses I just used a cheap fuse holder instead anything that came with the halfcut!
I would hope that you have some knowledge of electronics because this is not as easy as it might sound! Trust me, I do this for a living and it took me 3 days to sort mine out!
frebbles
Regular

May 2002

Re: easiest way to wire up a loom Wed, 19 March 2003 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Speaking from a chaser point of view and i think most cars point of view, the engine loom is "Seperable" from the rest of the loom, there are usually means to disconnect it and then you have the "bare" running wires for the engine. The best and easiest way to go about this is to call or message Grant from sixworks, on this web board. He knows his stuff Smile
Cool1
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods
Banned User

May 2002

Re: easiest way to wire up a loom Wed, 19 March 2003 06:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Most newer cars have just one big chunky loom!
draven
Forums Junkie

I supported Toymods

May 2002

Re: easiest way to wire up a loom Thu, 20 March 2003 06:23 Go to previous message
which is why you tear it out and replace it with an ltx12, which has less than half the connections Smile
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:attn: 4AGZE owners
Next Topic:gearbox issues
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu May 2 14:48:37 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0048351287841797 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.