Show: Today's Posts  :: Show Polls 
Email to friend 
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
AuthorTopic
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Anyone Got a running 18RC Wed, 12 March 2003 12:53 Go to next message
Does anyone have a running 18rc they don't wan't? or know how much it costs to fix the timming chains in them?? Mine is getting really bad now.....
  Send a private message to this user    
CuRtana
Regular

December 2002
Re: Anyone Got a running 18RC Thu, 13 March 2003 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I jsut did the timing chain on one of my 18r-c's its a bitch of a job, you have to remove the head and sump to do a proper job. I don't know how much it costs to do professioanlly though. I have an 18r-c at home that works (i think) plus the carbies, I got the manifold for it and stuff. What would you need and how much you looking at paying? PM me, email me gossip@webone.com.au or call me 0412 199 589

Damian
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Anyone Got a running 18RC Thu, 13 March 2003 10:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hey Lynden
The timing chain in mine cost me 70 or 80 for the kit easy job to put in dont need to pull the engine out either i will even help if you need it anyway i will see you on sat
celica28
Regular

May 2002
Re: Anyone Got a running 18RC Fri, 14 March 2003 02:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Lynden,

I have done this before and you don't need to remove the engine or the sump. Last time I did it, I replaced everything including sprockets, timing chain guides, woodruff keys etc. All parts were, at the time, genuine and cost me $500.

Undoubtedly things have changed and all parts are cheaper and available aftermarket. I am chasing prices through my suppliers and will get back to you once they have supplied prices and availability.

I replaced everything because one thing wears another and that leads to wear elsewhere.

CuRtana
Regular

December 2002
Re: Anyone Got a running 18RC Fri, 14 March 2003 03:21 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I agree about replacing more than just the timing chain. If you want or need an 18rc i got one, the only problem is that the automatic choke on the carby is stuffed (I think)
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anyone Got a running 18RC Mon, 17 March 2003 04:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I think I'll fix the problem rather than replace the engine, Aslo I'm looking to spend as little as possible as i'm still trying to source that elusive 1ggze halfcut.
CuRtana
Regular

December 2002
Re: Anyone Got a running 18RC Mon, 17 March 2003 04:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I have a mate who is putting a 1G-GZE into his RA23 and he is having problems finding the bracket for mounting the supercharger. I dont know where he got his from, but he might be able to help.
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anyone Got a running 18RC Mon, 17 March 2003 06:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Did he get an eninge package or half-cut? Has he got an email or mobile number
Malicia
Forums Junkie

May 2002
Re: Anyone Got a running 18RC Wed, 19 March 2003 11:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Jason - Where did you get the timming chain kit from??

p.s.
How's your car now? That control arm working?
Jason
Forums Junkie

December 2002

Re: Anyone Got a running 18RC Wed, 19 March 2003 21:15 Go to previous message
Just try Autopro or supercheap or something you only want something to tie you over till you get the new engine so it doesnt really matter what sort of quality they are.
Give me a ring when you decide to do it an i will come over.

The car should b back on the road next week YIPEEEE

[Updated on: Wed, 19 March 2003 21:19]

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic:My Bad
Next Topic:CCG march meeting ideas
Goto Forum:
-=] Back to Top [=-

Current Time: Thu Apr 25 06:49:22 UTC 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.0060539245605469 seconds

Bandwidth utilization bar

.:: Contact :: Home ::.